Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

Missing our friend Ray

Recommended Posts

I see Ray hasn't visited the site since August 21. Hope everything is all right with him. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I see Ray hasn't visited the site since August 21. Hope everything is all right with him. 

I hope so too

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's concerning because he's been such an enthusiastic and frequent poster. He mentioned his writing so it's possible he's focusing on that. I hope it's something like that and not the back-of-mind reason which would also explain it. Thanks, TB, for mentioning this. I miss that Troy Donahue avatar.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DougieB said:

Yeah, it's concerning because he's been such an enthusiastic and frequent poster. He mentioned his writing so it's possible he's focusing on that. I hope it's something like that and not the back-of-mind reason which would also explain it. Thanks, TB, for mentioning this. I miss that Troy Donahue avatar.

I have his email and I did email him about two or three weeks ago and nothing. Usually I would get a reply from him in a day or two. I know he had some health problems a year ago. But he also goes to visit a favorite niece who lives out of state. I would imagine he'd still have internet access at her place. Guess we'll have to wait and see if he turns up...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

I have his email and I did email him about two or three weeks ago and nothing. Usually I would get a reply from him in a day or two. I know he had some health problems a year ago. But he also goes to visit a favorite niece who lives out of state. I would imagine he'd still have internet access at her place. Guess we'll have to wait and see if he turns up...

Thanks, TB. That's somewhat reassuring, though it seems as though there's still reason to worry. I'm glad you were able to do some follow-up and I know you'll notify us if you hear anything. Hope you're hanging in, Ray. A few years back joe filmone went missing suddenly as well, though I thought then that he may have just gotten sick of the drama on the Boards. I don't feel that way about Ray: I think he loved (loves) it here. Come back, Ray!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still nothing, huh? I miss his deep well of anecdotal information, especially about plays he'd seen, both major and minor, Broadway and regional, going back many years. He and Swithin are the two among us movie fans who seem to have had an equal love for live theater.  Still hoping for the best, Ray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if that "Ray Banacki" person that was posting a lot recently was actually "RayBan" under a new account. There was a similarity in posting style, as well as the obvious screenname connection. I would have assumed he'd mention something if it was, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DougieB said:

Still nothing, huh? I miss his deep well of anecdotal information, especially about plays he'd seen, both major and minor, Broadway and regional, going back many years. He and Swithin are the two among us movie fans who seem to have had an equal love for live theater.  Still hoping for the best, Ray.

See note below.

4 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I was wondering if that "Ray Banacki" person that was posting a lot recently was actually "RayBan" under a new account. There was a similarity in posting style, as well as the obvious screenname connection. I would have assumed he'd mention something if it was, though.

It is him. I sent a private message to Ray Banacki on here, since I knew his last name and asked why he was no longer using the RayBan account. He said he had been in hospital with a foot infection and when he was able to start posting again, he had forgotten his password and could not log back in under the old name. So he just created a new account. 

I am surprised he hasn't posted in this sub-forum again. His posts lately have been in the General Discussions area.

Ray, if you're reading this, I apologize for divulging personal information...but people around here had missed posting with you, so I thought I'd explain that you are indeed back on the message boards!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TopBilled said:

See note below.

It is him. I sent a private message to Ray Banacki on here, since I knew his last name and asked why he was no longer using the RayBan account. He said he had been in hospital with a foot infection and when he was able to start posting again, he had forgotten his password and could not log back in under the old name. So he just created a new account. 

I am surprised he hasn't posted in this sub-forum again. His posts lately have been in the General Discussions area.

Ray, if you're reading this, I apologize for divulging personal information...but people around here had missed posting with you, so I thought I'd explain that you are indeed back on the message boards!

So happy to know he is alive and has recovered- this is such a horrible time we are living in- I just lost a dear close friend to  cancer- any good news is nice to hear these days

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jaragon said:

So happy to know he is alive and has recovered- this is such a horrible time we are living in- I just lost a dear close friend to  cancer- any good news is nice to hear these days

Sorry to hear about your friend. Nothing prepares us for loss.  Every life is unique so every loss is new.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DougieB said:

Sorry to hear about your friend. Nothing prepares us for loss.  Every life is unique so every loss is new.

That is so true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 5:55 PM, jaragon said:

So happy to know he is alive and has recovered- this is such a horrible time we are living in- I just lost a dear close friend to  cancer- any good news is nice to hear these days

Please accept my condolences.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Arsan404 said:

Please accept my condolences.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...