Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Former New York Mayor Bloomberg Reopens Bathroom Door To 2020 Presidential Run

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

cgeFNqv__bigger.jpg

This WaPo investigation is great, but there’s so much more. A few weeks ago @timothypmurphy collected the most outrageous/sexist/racist/baffling comments made by Bloomberg. It is quite a read
 
11:36 AM · Feb 15, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

 This is the original article with a little commentary and a color photo.

 

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

FYI-- This video is about the dehumanization of young black and Hispanic teenagers in New York City during The Bloomberg Stop-and-Frisk occupation of Black and Hispanic neighborhoods.

Where Bloomberg instructed the police to treat all young black men as if they were criminals-- that is racially profiling and stereotyping people indiscriminately.

Needless to say the courts found stop-and-frisk to be unconstitutional.

But Bloomberg has only seen fit to "apologize" for it years later now that he's decided to run for president in the Democratic party and needs votes from that party's base of black voters.

Bloomberg will select Kamala Harris or Cory Booker as his running mate.       Now that is some racial profiling!

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
Criticize Bloomberg all you want but he will be an unstoppable force to defeat Trump
 
as long as no one ever hears him speak publicly
 
or looks up anything he’s ever done
 
;)  :rolleyes:
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Bloomberg Is Hiring So Many Operatives, Local and State Campaigns Are Starving for Help

 

........For a swath of voters, there’s something comforting about the money he’s willing to spend. But for candidates across the country, the billions in spending means quite the opposite........

One progressive consultant in Arizona has lost multiple hires to Bloomberg and is having a hard time finding workers. “I have heard of new organizers being hired by Bloomberg and then saying they are secretly still knocking for Bernie,” the consultant said.

The Bloomberg campaign is offering field organizers, or FOs) $6,000 per month and guaranteed pay through November, and many have realized that if they demand more, they will likely get it,.......

“This is hands down the toughest time I’ve ever had finding field staff,” he said. He’s posting jobs for canvassers, paying $18 an hour, and is “getting crickets.”........

 

Regardless of whether Bloomberg wins the nomination or not, the Bloomberg effect will continue through the end of the election cycle. His operation in support of whomever becomes the Democratic nominee will be well staffed. Everybody else is on their own."

https://theintercept.com/2020/02/13/bloomberg-spending-local-state-campaigns/

:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Mike Bloomberg Is Hiring So Many Operatives, Local and State Campaigns Are Starving for Help

 

........For a swath of voters, there’s something comforting about the money he’s willing to spend. But for candidates across the country, the billions in spending means quite the opposite........

One progressive consultant in Arizona has lost multiple hires to Bloomberg and is having a hard time finding workers. “I have heard of new organizers being hired by Bloomberg and then saying they are secretly still knocking for Bernie,” the consultant said.

The Bloomberg campaign is offering field organizers, or FOs) $6,000 per month and guaranteed pay through November, and many have realized that if they demand more, they will likely get it,.......

“This is hands down the toughest time I’ve ever had finding field staff,” he said. He’s posting jobs for canvassers, paying $18 an hour, and is “getting crickets.”........

 

Regardless of whether Bloomberg wins the nomination or not, the Bloomberg effect will continue through the end of the election cycle. His operation in support of whomever becomes the Democratic nominee will be well staffed. Everybody else is on their own."

https://theintercept.com/2020/02/13/bloomberg-spending-local-state-campaigns/

:huh:

trump has taken over the Republican Party,

While a republican capitalist and an independent socialist are trying to take over the Democratic Party.

The 2020 presidential election could be the end of both major political parties.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former New York Mayor Bloomberg Reopens Door To 2020 Presidential Run

Time for a new title - he IS running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jakeem said:

aLb2pZIS_bigger.jpg

Former NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg once again apologized for his long-time stop and frisk policy over the weekend, addressing supporters at a Virginia campaign stop. https://abcn.ws/2u5qbyt
 
10:56 AM · Feb 17, 2020·SocialFlow

Bloomberg campaign agenda

1) Apologize for the dehumanization and denigration of young black and Hispanic men during my promotion of stop-and-frisk while I was mayor of New York City.

2) Apologize to women for my dehumanization and denigration of women during my business career.

3)  Apologize to all working Americans for my dehumanization of the American worker and the denigration of American Trade Unions while I was mayor of New York City.

4) Apologize to all Democrats for trying to buy the presidential nomination when I haven't supported Democrats in the past. I supported George W bush over Barack Obama because I was actually a Republican.

5) Apologize to all the Democratic candidates for stealing their campaign workers with my lucrative bribes.

6) Repeated apologies TBA

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8. Drop another 50 million the next two weeks. Deny trying to buy nomination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still for Amy Klobuchar, but she is a very long shot at getting nominated and then winning.

However, it appears the Dems are going to have the proverbial circular firing squad and kill any chances of replacing Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloomberg Apologized for Stop-and-Frisk. Why Won’t He Say Sorry to Muslims for Spying on Them?

".........In 2016, Republican presidential candidates were openly fantasizing about surveilling and spying on Muslims. Yet just a few years earlier, in the nation’s biggest city, a Republican mayor had succeeded in going beyond mere rhetoric: Michael Bloomberg oversaw the mass warrantless, suspicionless surveillance of Muslim New Yorkers, as the New York Police Department “mapped” where they prayed, ate, studied, and worked.

Today, the billionaire media mogul is polling third in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination and has secured endorsements from dozens of high-profile Democratic mayors and members of Congress.

I cannot help but ask: Have these elected Democrats lost their minds?........

https://theintercept.com/2020/02/17/mike-bloomberg-new-york-muslim-surveillance/

:unsure:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you're going to get many voters by opening a bathroom door, especially if it's their bathroom

door. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dem Elites Turn to Bloomberg and Remove Their Masks

"...........How exactly can a racist, classist billionaire be favored by Democrats? As Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders continues to build momentum, the liberal establishment is in full panic mode. All of the superficial criticism they have cast at Sanders — that he’s an old white man who has been a Democrat for barely a minute — apply just as equally to Bloomberg.

But what is most critically important to Bloomberg’s backers is that his politics are the polar opposite of Sanders...........

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/panicked-over-sanders-elites-turn-to-bloomberg/

:unsure:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Bloomberg Apologized for Stop-and-Frisk. Why Won’t He Say Sorry to Muslims for Spying on Them?

".........In 2016, Republican presidential candidates were openly fantasizing about surveilling and spying on Muslims. Yet just a few years earlier, in the nation’s biggest city, a Republican mayor had succeeded in going beyond mere rhetoric: Michael Bloomberg oversaw the mass warrantless, suspicionless surveillance of Muslim New Yorkers, as the New York Police Department “mapped” where they prayed, ate, studied, and worked.

Today, the billionaire media mogul is polling third in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination and has secured endorsements from dozens of high-profile Democratic mayors and members of Congress.

I cannot help but ask: Have these elected Democrats lost their minds?........

https://theintercept.com/2020/02/17/mike-bloomberg-new-york-muslim-surveillance/

:unsure:

Well, some people will say that the only way to get rid of a rat is to bring in a bigger rat.

But that doesn't seem like you really solved the basic problem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-bloomberg-once-compared-teachers-union-to-the-national-rifle-association

Michael Bloomberg Once Compared Teachers Union to the National Rifle Association

Former New York mayor and Democratic presidential hopeful Michael Bloomberg has long been a vocal critic of the National Rifle Association, which he has called both “shameful” and “dangerous.” That makes recently unearthed videos in which he compared two important Democratic-aligned groups to the NRA particularly uncomfortable for the 2020 upstart. In a video of remarks Bloomberg made while still mayor of New York, obtained by Politico, he can be heard likening the American Civil Liberties Union and the New York City teachers union to the NRA. Referring to leadership of the United Federation of Teachers, Bloomberg said, “The NRA’s another place where the membership, if you do the polling, doesn't agree with the leadership.” Bloomberg’s spokesman defended the comment to Politico, saying “the reference to the [teachers union] was something Mike said in the heat of the moment that he now regrets.” But Bloomberg didn’t stop there. “We don’t need extremists on the left or the right running our police department, whether it’s the NRA or the NYCLU,” he said in a 2013 speech in which he also defended the city’s controversial stop-and-frisk policy that both groups opposed.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://peggynoonan.com/mike-bloomberg-could-pull-it-off/

Mike Bloomberg Could Pull It OffBiden’s collapse created a vacuum in the center, and the former mayor has the money and will to fill it.

 

You have to start here: We are immersed in a freakish and confounding political era. Anything can happen. Surprise is built in. Guy on a lark takes an escalator ride down to a rally and the system is changed forever. “Expect the unexpected.”

That is the context. Within it, consider this: We are misreading Mike Bloomberg’s race for the Democratic presidential nomination. The headline right now is not “Billionaire Tries to Buy Party,” and not “Former Republican Struggles With Stop-and-Frisk History.” The headline is: “He Could Do This. Uphill, but He Could Win.”

Take Mike Bloomberg seriously.

Bernie Sanders is the front-runner. He’s a real power with a real base. He finished first or second in Iowa and first in New Hampshire, and if his margins were down a win is a win.

But his nomination would split the party. Too many Democrats want a new and deeper liberalism but not socialism. They don’t want a revolution, they want a nicer country. The suburban women everyone is supposedly fighting for? When that affluent liberal mother in Summit, N.J., finds out socialism isn’t just progressive social policy, she’s going to find herself saying a sentence she never thought she’d say: “We worked hard for this, you know.” Bernie Sanders has the power to turn her into Barbara Bush.

 

Only a fool would say America will never go socialist. America could turn on a dime in a time of widespread want or unease. But it’s unlikely to become socialist in an era of full employment, rising wages and a stock-market boom. Democrats know this.

Joe Biden isn’t the answer. The whole point of his campaign was that he can beat Donald Trump. He can’t beat Pete Buttigieg. He’s never been good at running for president; in three tries he hasn’t won a primary. Under pressure he renounced the lifetime stands that had made him Moderate Joe. And people age at different speeds. Mr. Biden is not a young 77.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gershwin fan said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-bloomberg-once-compared-teachers-union-to-the-national-rifle-association

Michael Bloomberg Once Compared Teachers Union to the National Rifle Association

Former New York mayor and Democratic presidential hopeful Michael Bloomberg has long been a vocal critic of the National Rifle Association, which he has called both “shameful” and “dangerous.” That makes recently unearthed videos in which he compared two important Democratic-aligned groups to the NRA particularly uncomfortable for the 2020 upstart. In a video of remarks Bloomberg made while still mayor of New York, obtained by Politico, he can be heard likening the American Civil Liberties Union and the New York City teachers union to the NRA. Referring to leadership of the United Federation of Teachers, Bloomberg said, “The NRA’s another place where the membership, if you do the polling, doesn't agree with the leadership.” Bloomberg’s spokesman defended the comment to Politico, saying “the reference to the [teachers union] was something Mike said in the heat of the moment that he now regrets.” But Bloomberg didn’t stop there. “We don’t need extremists on the left or the right running our police department, whether it’s the NRA or the NYCLU,” he said in a 2013 speech in which he also defended the city’s controversial stop-and-frisk policy that both groups opposed.

 

Deleted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jakeem said:

47EweZDW_bigger.jpg

Kind of amazing that the Democratic primary might come down to two not-really-Democrats who don’t really think the most popular Democrat was a good president.
 
7:53 AM · Feb 18, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

 

On 2/16/2020 at 11:10 PM, Princess of Tap said:

trump has taken over the Republican Party,

While a republican capitalist and an independent socialist are trying to take over the Democratic Party.

The 2020 presidential election could be the end of both major political parties.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

http://peggynoonan.com/mike-bloomberg-could-pull-it-off/

Mike Bloomberg Could Pull It OffBiden’s collapse created a vacuum in the center, and the former mayor has the money and will to fill it.

 

You have to start here: We are immersed in a freakish and confounding political era. Anything can happen. Surprise is built in. Guy on a lark takes an escalator ride down to a rally and the system is changed forever. “Expect the unexpected.”

That is the context. Within it, consider this: We are misreading Mike Bloomberg’s race for the Democratic presidential nomination. The headline right now is not “Billionaire Tries to Buy Party,” and not “Former Republican Struggles With Stop-and-Frisk History.” The headline is: “He Could Do This. Uphill, but He Could Win.”

Take Mike Bloomberg seriously.

Bernie Sanders is the front-runner. He’s a real power with a real base. He finished first or second in Iowa and first in New Hampshire, and if his margins were down a win is a win.

But his nomination would split the party. Too many Democrats want a new and deeper liberalism but not socialism. They don’t want a revolution, they want a nicer country. The suburban women everyone is supposedly fighting for? When that affluent liberal mother in Summit, N.J., finds out socialism isn’t just progressive social policy, she’s going to find herself saying a sentence she never thought she’d say: “We worked hard for this, you know.” Bernie Sanders has the power to turn her into Barbara Bush.

 

Only a fool would say America will never go socialist. America could turn on a dime in a time of widespread want or unease. But it’s unlikely to become socialist in an era of full employment, rising wages and a stock-market boom. Democrats know this.

Joe Biden isn’t the answer. The whole point of his campaign was that he can beat Donald Trump. He can’t beat Pete Buttigieg. He’s never been good at running for president; in three tries he hasn’t won a primary. Under pressure he renounced the lifetime stands that had made him Moderate Joe. And people age at different speeds. Mr. Biden is not a young 77.

And Peggy has spent her whole professional life trying to make Republicans in the Republican Party look good.

There's no reason she should stop now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-18/bloomberg-s-rise-in-democratic-race-provides-foil-for-sanders

Bloomberg’s Rise in Democratic Race Provides Foil for Sanders

Michael Bloomberg’s sudden arrival in the Democratic spotlight has put him under new scrutiny from all of his opponents. But Bernie Sanders has taken him on with unparalleled zeal.

 
 

Sanders is holding up Bloomberg as the embodiment of everything the democratic socialist rails against. He is a billionaire with ties to Wall Street who is self-funding his campaign. His past comments about policing, women, minorities and farmers are all grist for Sanders’ rallies.

“Mr. Bloomberg, like anybody else, has a right to run for president,” Sanders told a rally of more than 6,000 people in Richmond, a city near San Francisco on Monday, drawing boos against Bloomberg. “He does not have a right to buy the presidency. Especially after being the mayor of New York and having a racist stop and frisk policy, especially after opposing — imagine a multibillionaire opposing a raise in the minimum wage.”

Bloomberg now supports a $15 per-hour federal minimum wage but in 2014 called raising it “one of the most misguided things that we can do.” Previous comments have also surfaced suggesting a drop in redlining -- the practice of denying loans to minorities -- for contributing to the 2008 financial crisis, that health care should be denied to very old people, and that farming was easy.

Sanders’ jabs at the former New York mayor reflect the new shape of the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, with Sanders’ riding high as the leader of the party’s progressive wing -- and Bloomberg emerging as the most well-funded candidate to stop him from the moderate side of the party. Many establishment Democrats believe Sanders’ positions are too extreme to defeat President Donald Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-18/bloomberg-s-rise-in-democratic-race-provides-foil-for-sanders

Bloomberg’s Rise in Democratic Race Provides Foil for Sanders

Michael Bloomberg’s sudden arrival in the Democratic spotlight has put him under new scrutiny from all of his opponents. But Bernie Sanders has taken him on with unparalleled zeal.

 
 

Sanders is holding up Bloomberg as the embodiment of everything the democratic socialist rails against. He is a billionaire with ties to Wall Street who is self-funding his campaign. His past comments about policing, women, minorities and farmers are all grist for Sanders’ rallies.

“Mr. Bloomberg, like anybody else, has a right to run for president,” Sanders told a rally of more than 6,000 people in Richmond, a city near San Francisco on Monday, drawing boos against Bloomberg. “He does not have a right to buy the presidency. Especially after being the mayor of New York and having a racist stop and frisk policy, especially after opposing — imagine a multibillionaire opposing a raise in the minimum wage.”

Bloomberg now supports a $15 per-hour federal minimum wage but in 2014 called raising it “one of the most misguided things that we can do.” Previous comments have also surfaced suggesting a drop in redlining -- the practice of denying loans to minorities -- for contributing to the 2008 financial crisis, that health care should be denied to very old people, and that farming was easy.

Sanders’ jabs at the former New York mayor reflect the new shape of the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, with Sanders’ riding high as the leader of the party’s progressive wing -- and

 

*Bloomberg emerging as the most well-funded candidate to stop him from the * moderate side of the party.*

 

Many establishment Democrats believe Sanders’ positions are too extreme to defeat President Donald Trump.

 *There was nothing moderate about Bloomberg's political policies in New York City while he was mayor.

His political policies were extreme right wing, authoritarian and racist.

He can apologize all he wants.

But at his age he's not likely to make any big changes and like everybody else, he's got to run on his own record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-18/bloomberg-s-rise-in-democratic-race-provides-foil-for-sanders

Bloomberg’s Rise in Democratic Race Provides Foil for Sanders

Michael Bloomberg’s sudden arrival in the Democratic spotlight has put him under new scrutiny from all of his opponents. But Bernie Sanders has taken him on with unparalleled zeal.

 

Sanders should think Bloomberg because now he will deflect much of his opponents attacks from him and onto Bloomberg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Tonight Bloomberg must answer for:
 
— Stop & frisk — His defense of redlining — Sexual harassment — His advocacy of Wall Street — Never disclosing taxes — Being a Republican — Trying to buy the election
 
 
:unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
×
×
  • Create New...