Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NickAndNora34

Disney Plus Launched...

It is currently 2:29 am... I didn’t plan on being awake right at the launch of the site/app, but my arm fell asleep and it woke me up. 
I had zero problems with downloading the app and logging in. I’m currently watching the original Lion King, and it loaded really quickly and hasn’t lagged at all so far. I was expecting the worst; I thought the app was going to crash from the amount of people trying to download and log in, but I haven’t had any issues. I’m not sure how many of you would be interested in this, but I figured I’d let you know how it’s been so far in case you’re curious. 

• Like 3

I downloaded it on my phone and perused some of the offerings, but I haven't had a chance to watch anything yet (I had to go to bed)--but I did find out how to change my avatar photo from Mickey to a panda head.  I am excited about the Imagineering documentary and all the old Disney short cartoons.  I also just found out that Disney added a Smart TV app to Samsung TVs manufactured after 2016.  I am crossing my fingers that this app will work on my TV, then I don't have to access Disney+ via XBOX One or PS4. Not that that's a big deal... but it's one more step to accessing the streaming. Lol. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dr. Somnambula said:

You can add the Disney+ bundle to your Hulu without commercials account:

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=b0837ec11b890010b8651f861a4bcb7a

I think I just linked my Disney+ and Hulu.  We'll see how this works. I don't really need ESPN+ but we'll see what it gets me. 

• Like 1

The Cult of the Mouse interrupted Monday Night Football last night with a 15 minute ad for what passes for a Star Wars film by their estimation. My husband said it was only five minutes. It only seemed like 15 minutes.

• Haha 1

I signed up for Disney+ which seems to be going well. But, the bundle, not so much. I'll have to get in touch with Customer service to get that straightened out. But, not tonight. They have to be swamped !

1 hour ago, LsDoorMat said:

The Cult of the Mouse interrupted Monday Night Football last night with a 15 minute ad for what passes for a Star Wars film by their estimation. My husband said it was only five minutes. It only seemed like 15 minutes.

I believe that is a series. Its one of the reasons I subscribed to the channel. Looks good to me.

• Like 1

Woohoo! The Disney+ app works on my TV, in fact, I didn't even have to download it.  It was already there when I turned the TV on. 

I'm watching Sleeping Beauty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sleeping Beauty is even in widescreen! The stream is very high quality--gorgeous print.

Image result for sleeping beauty that's because it's on you dear

LOL!

Edited by speedracer5
I said that my DVD version was full screen. It is not. I apparently don't know what I own.

2 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Sleeping Beauty is even in widescreen!

WOW!  😛  (It was Disney's first widescreen animated, which is why it was the first to go to Blu-ray, back in the early nervous days.)

My problem is that I've not only already GOT all the good stuff on Blu-ray, but most of it was transferred over to VOD download for free when Disney linked that new system (which eventually became MoviesAnywhere) with the Rewards points.  Now, I had a whole list of obscure 50's-60's live-action on Vudu's great download page that I was going to "get around to" renting, and hoped I could stream those for free on Disney+'s catalog, but FTM, seems to be just the best-known iconic video titles:

Looked for "Watcher in the Woods"?--Nope.  "Superdad"?  "Sword & the Rose"?  "Last Flight of Noah's Ark"?  Aw, c'mon, they've got to have "Condorman"!  Nope, nope, noop, and nope.  Plus, many of the movies still contracted to Netflix, like "Solo", "John Carter", and "Alice & the Nutcracker" (or whatever the heck that was) are "Coming in '20", after rights expire there.

Also, thanks to the local library, I was digging up the rare short-lived (and hard-to-find) complete TV disk boxsets of "DuckTales" and "Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers" that showed the episodes in broadcast order but...nope--We get the series here, but only in the random "Best-of" collections that came out on VHS in the 80's.

2 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Sleeping Beauty is even in widescreen! The stream is very high quality--gorgeous print.

LOL!

Edited 2 hours ago by speedracer5
I said that my DVD version was full screen. It is not. I apparently don't know what I own.

I think my grandmother's DVD of SLEEPING BEAUTY has the option of watching the movie in either full screen (pan and scan) or widescreen.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr. Somnambula said:

The Mouse owns the Monday Night Football network and Star Wars. I so dislike huge corporations. Just look at who owns TCM.

Yes, my husband pointed out to me that The Cult of the Mouse owns ESPN and thus the Star Wars commercial. I dislike huge corporations too. Disney in particular. It is just like The Blob, rolling along, consuming all entertainment companies in its path, converting them all into its own corporate speak producer of cinematic oatmeal for the masses, and gaining momentum with every acquisition.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

Disney in particular.

This is an anti-mouse household. So sad to me what the company has become. The name become synonymous with owning every franchise, everywhere. Disney character stickers on bananas, oy.

Exception being anything crafted while Walt was alive. Artistic Genius.

13 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

LOL!

Sleeping Beauty is in my top 10 of Disney's animated films :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

This is an anti-mouse household. So sad to me what the company has become. The name become synonymous with owning every franchise, everywhere. Disney character stickers on bananas, oy.

That's show biz, babeeyyy 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Somnambula said:

I have to ask, "What about Fox?" The Sound of Music and The Simpsons? What else?

I noticed that they had the X-Men cartoon.  That aired on Fox back in the day.  I haven't seen what else is Fox-owned.

8 hours ago, Dr. Somnambula said:

I have to ask, "What about Fox?" The Sound of Music and The Simpsons? What else?

Miracle on 34th Street, the Star Wars series, Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Sandlot, Rookie of the Year, Millions, one Garfield the Cat film, and (maybe) Never Been Kissed. Most of the rest of (adult-oriented contemporary) Fox will likely be appearing on the now completely owned Hulu. But Fox got the short end of the stick....

9 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I noticed that they had the X-Men cartoon.  That aired on Fox back in the day.  I haven't seen what else is Fox-owned.

Marvel owns it now, although the three-way ownership doesn't hurt.  Matter of fact, ALL the Marvel cartoons are now under the D/M banner, including that ancient 70's-Filmation version of "Spider-Woman".

(X-Men:TAS, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and Silver Surfer - The 1, 2, & 3 best Marvel cartoon series ever made, now under one roof.)  👍

1 hour ago, CinemaInternational said:

Miracle on 34th Street, the Star Wars series, Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Sandlot, Rookie of the Year, Millions, one Garfield the Cat film, and (maybe) Never Been Kissed. Most of the rest of (adult-oriented contemporary) Fox will likely be appearing on the now completely owned Hulu. But Fox got the short end of the stick....

And Ferngully, Rio and Epic likely to follow, as soon as rights can be worked out.

Still, if we got Sound of Music, that bodes well for The King & I...

For us old movie fans, besides the old animated films, here are all the old live-action movies I found on Disney+.  (Not counting documentaries.)  From 1950 thru 1969:

Treasure Island (1950)

The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men (1952)

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)

Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier (1955)

Davy Crockett and the River Pirates (1956)

Old Yeller (1957)

The Shaggy Dog (1959)

Darby O'Gill and the Little People (1959)

Pollyanna (1960)

The Sign of Zorro (1960)

Swiss Family Robinson (1960)

The Absent-Minded Professor (1961)

The Parent Trap (1961)

Greyfriars Bobby (1961)

Babes in Toyland (1961)

Almost Angels (1961)

The Incredible Journey (1963)

Mary Poppins (1964)

Emil and the Detectives (1964)

Those Calloways (1965)

That Darn Cat! (1965)

The Ugly Dachshund (1966)

Blackbeard's Ghost (1968)

The Love Bug (1968)

The Computer that Wore Tennis Shoes (1969)

It's missing quite a few of their movies, even ones that came out on DVD. I haven't gone through the 70s yet. Hopefully, they eventually add more.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 8:24 AM, TikiSoo said:

I have great admiration for the work of Walt Disney. He was truly a pioneer in animation and in nature films.  It is the present day corporation that bears his name that I dislike.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:32 AM, Dr. Somnambula said:

The Simpsons?

Every ep from the first 30 seasons is available, except for one featuring a guest voice from a certain late pop star now believed in some circles to have done awful things. However, there is controversy regarding their format of presentation ....