Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hibi

Anyone Make It Through TEORAMA??

It's Teorema (Theorem), but it often gets misspelled. I liked the movie way back when, maybe because it had Terence Stamp looking ravishing. There are those that think Teorema says or trying to say something about the awfulness of the bourgeoisie, but I think it's about Terence Stamp looking ravishing. Which is more profound, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I watched it for the first time in the last several months. I thought it was interesting, although the beginning was a slog. It got more outrageous in the last third. It was very controversial and shocking in its day, but seems tame now. I get the feeling that the first half would put a lot of people to sleep. It's very European-arthouse, which will seem pretentious and boring to a lot of viewers. 

• Thanks 1

The full thing is on "Archive.org" if you want to try again on making it through it.

18 hours ago, kingrat said:

It's Teorema (Theorem), but it often gets misspelled. I liked the movie way back when, maybe because it had Terence Stamp looking ravishing. There are those that think Teorema says or trying to say something about the awfulness of the bourgeoisie, but I think it's about Terence Stamp looking ravishing. Which is more profound, anyway.

Well that can only go so far. I remember when the film came out and how racy it was supposed to be, but it was just dull and boring. Actors staring at the camera. I couldnt stand the kids, couldnt stomach the daughter anymore that's the main reason I bailed. Poor Sylvana Mangano forced to wear that ugly wig! What was with the film going from B/W to Color and back again in the beginning? I didnt realize it was an E not an A. And yes, I knew it meant theorem! I was thinking more of the RAMA suffix in English........

Yes, there was a political subtext to it. That was obvious.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

The full thing is on "Archive.org" if you want to try again on making it through it.

I'll pass for now.......

Just announced by Criterion:

Teorema  (1968)       Street date: February 18, 2020

g6y2g4zZHy2J3caJizYcgZBfh7FnQ9_small.jpg

SPECIAL FEATURES

• New, restored 4K digital transfer, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • Alternate English-dubbed soundtrack, featuring the voice of actor Terence Stamp and others
  • Audio commentary from 2007 featuring Robert S. C. Gordon, author of Pasolini: Forms of Subjectivity
  • Introduction by director Pier Paolo Pasolini from 1969
  • Interview from 2007 with Stamp
  • New interview with John David Rhodes, author of Stupendous, Miserable City: Pasolini’s Rome
  • New English subtitle translation
  • More!
  • PLUS: An essay by film scholar James Quandt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's not my favorite Pasolini, and both The Hawks and the Sparrows and Oedipus Rex, Pasolini's two previous movies were better.  But it's not a bad film, even if it's not to my taste.  And Wiazemsky did deserve a supporting actress nomination.

Can anyone think why TCM hasn't shown The Gospel According to Saint Mathew?  One would think there would be less problems showing it.

2 hours ago, skimpole said:

It's not my favorite Pasolini, and both The Hawks and the Sparrows and Oedipus Rex, Pasolini's two previous movies were better.  But it's not a bad film, even if it's not to my taste.  And Wiazemsky did deserve a supporting actress nomination.

Salo is better than all of them.