Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have you seen these 10 classic films..?


Recommended Posts

781 I recognize Marie Dressler, but the only movie of hers that I've seen is "Dinner at Eight." I know it's not this one.

782 Norma Shearer... Not sure of the film.

783 Beyond the Forest! Yes! This film was amazing.

784 I think this is "Goodbye My Fancy" with Joan Crawford and Eve Arden.  I haven't seen this movie, but I think it's on my "Joan Crawford in the  50s" collection.

785 Tammy and the Bachelor, yes!

786 I recognize Burt Lancaster...

787 Not sure.  I feel like I'd remember a scene with a guy carring two skeletons down the stairs.

788 Shaft.  I haven't seen it.

789 I recognize Shelley Long and Bette Midler...

790 Sleepless in Seattle. Yes. A very long time ago.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

781 I recognize Marie Dressler, but the only movie of hers that I've seen is "Dinner at Eight." I know it's not this one.

782 Norma Shearer... Not sure of the film.

786 I recognize Burt Lancaster...

787 Not sure.  I feel like I'd remember a scene with a guy carring two skeletons down the stairs.

789 I recognize Shelley Long and Bette Midler...

#781 - Emma (1932)

#782 is Joan Bennett and George Raft - The House Across the Bay (1940) - I haven't seen it.

#786 - The Young Savages (1961)

#787 - Jerry Lewis in The Disorderly Orderly (1964), I think.

#789 - Outrageous Fortune (1987)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LawrenceA said:

#781 - Emma (1932)

#782 is Joan Bennett and George Raft - The House Across the Bay (1940) - I haven't seen it.

#786 - The Young Savages (1961)

#787 - Jerry Lewis in The Disorderly Orderly (1964), I think.

#789 - Outrageous Fortune (1987)

I stand corrected on Norma Shearer... I didn't realize until now how similar Norma Shearer, Kay Francis and Joan Bennett look... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

781 I recognize Marie Dressler, but the only movie of hers that I've seen is "Dinner at Eight." I know it's not this one.

782 Norma Shearer... Not sure of the film.

783 Beyond the Forest! Yes! This film was amazing.

784 I think this is "Goodbye My Fancy" with Joan Crawford and Eve Arden.  I haven't seen this movie, but I think it's on my "Joan Crawford in the  50s" collection.

785 Tammy and the Bachelor, yes!

786 I recognize Burt Lancaster...

787 Not sure.  I feel like I'd remember a scene with a guy carring two skeletons down the stairs.

788 Shaft.  I haven't seen it.

789 I recognize Shelley Long and Bette Midler...

790 Sleepless in Seattle. Yes. A very long time ago.

783 has the famous, often parodied line, "What a dump."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The official Cheat Sheet:

781. EMMA (1932) with Marie Dressler & Jean Hersholt.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 8.16.33 AM.jpeg

782. THE HOUSE ACROSS THE BAY (1940) with Joan Bennett & George Raft.

4a72e-screen2bshot2b2016-08-182bat2b5-19-422bpm.png?w=660

783. BEYOND THE FOREST (1949) with Bette Davis.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 8.23.23 AM.jpeg

784. GOODBYE MY FANCY (1951) with Joan Crawford & Eve Arden.

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 9.30.58 PM.jpeg

785. TAMMY AND THE BACHELOR (1957) with Leslie Nielsen & Debbie Reynolds.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 7.26.15 AM.jpeg

786. THE YOUNG SAVAGES (1961) with Burt Lancaster.

screen.jpeg

787. THE DISORDERLY ORDERLY (1964) with Jerry Lewis.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 8.27.51 AM.jpeg

788. SHAFT (1971) with Richard Roundtree.

bb31e60875aacd06f2f8f1ce76219d79.jpeg

789. OUTRAGEOUS FORTUNE (1987) with Shelley Long & Bette Midler.

SCREEN.jpeg

790. SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE (1993) with Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan.

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 9.51.18 AM.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

791 The Lady Vanishes, yes! I love this movie

792 The Harvey  Girls, yes! I also love this movie

793 Key Largo, yes! 

794 Executive Suite, yes! I really enjoy this ensemble drama and what a cast!

795 The Sweet Smell of Success, yes! This is a fantastic noir. I love the music! 

796 I recognize Joanne Woodward, but I'm not sure of the film

797 Not sure

798 Not sure

799 I'm guessing this is Wall Street, but I haven't seen this film.

800 I recognize Oprah and Morgan Freeman. Not sure of the film

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

791 The Lady Vanishes, yes! I love this movie

792 The Harvey  Girls, yes! I also love this movie

793 Key Largo, yes! 

794 Executive Suite, yes! I really enjoy this ensemble drama and what a cast!

795 The Sweet Smell of Success, yes! This is a fantastic noir. I love the music! 

796 I recognize Joanne Woodward, but I'm not sure of the film

797 Not sure

798 Not sure

799 I'm guessing this is Wall Street, but I haven't seen this film.

800 I recognize Oprah and Morgan Freeman. Not sure of the film

796: Rachel Rachel

797: The Boys in the Band

798 : Junior Bonner

799: Wall Street

800: Beloved

I've seen all except Beloved.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheat Sheet:

791. THE LADY VANISHES (1938) with Michael Redgrave, May Whitty & Margaret Lockwood.

SCREEN.jpeg

792. THE HARVEY GIRLS (1946) with Judy Garland & Angela Lansbury.

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 9.30.38 AM.jpg

793. KEY LARGO (1948) with Lauren Bacall, Edward G. Robinson & Humphrey Bogart.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 8.41.24 AM.jpeg

794. EXECUTIVE SUITE (1954) with Barbara Stanwyck & Fredric March.

screen.jpg

795. SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS (1957) with Tony Curtis & Burt Lancaster.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 8.44.54 AM.jpeg

796. RACHEL RACHEL (1968) with Joanne Woodward.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 3.40.28 PM.jpeg

797. THE BOYS IN THE BAND (1970) with Laurence Luckinbill.

SCREEN.jpeg

798. JUNIOR BONNER (1972) with Steve McQueen.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 3.45.43 PM.png

799. WALL STREET (1987) with Charlie Sheen & Michael Douglas.

wall-street-1987-sheen-douglas-640x377.jpeg

800. BELOVED (1998) with Oprah Winfrey & Danny Glover.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 3.51.23 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

801 - Personal Property (1937) - I haven't seen this one.

802 - The Little Foxes (1941)

803 - Harvey (1950)

804 - North By Northwest (1959)

805 - Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

806 - Claudine (1974)

807 - Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989)

808 - Psycho (1998)

809 - Monster (2003)

810 - Parasite (2019)

My favorites are Lawrence of ArabiaNorth by Northwest, and Parasite.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If Lawrence's answers are *the* answers:

801 Private Property, I haven't seen this Jean Harlow film yet

802 The Little Foxes, yes

803 Harvey, no. But it's in my stack of movies to watch.

804 North By Northwest. Yes! 

805 Lawrence of Arabia.  No. I may get around to it one day.

806 Claudine, No

807 Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, yes!

808 Psycho.  I think I've seen part of it, and then when I realized it was exactly the same as the original, I stopped watching.   What's the point?

809 Monster. No.

810 Parasite. No, not yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Larry's answers were correct. Here's the official Cheat Sheet:

801. PERSONAL PROPERTY (1937) with Robert Taylor & Jean Harlow.

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 4.15.35 PM.jpeg

802. THE LITTLE FOXES (1941) with Bette Davis & Herbert Marshall.

screen1.jpeg

803. HARVEY (1950) with James Stewart and friend.

imgres-1

804. NORTH BY NORTHWEST (1959) with Cary Grant.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 5.58.23 AM.jpeg

805. LAWRENCE OF ARABIA (1961) with Peter O'Toole.

screen.jpeg

806. CLAUDINE (1974) with James Earl Jones & Diahann Carroll

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 7.14.22 PM.jpeg

807. HONEY I SHRUNK THE KIDS (1989) with Rick Moranis.

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 8.40.42 AM.jpeg

808. PSYCHO (1998) with Vince Vaughn.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 5.52.02 AM 2.jpeg

809. MONSTER (2003) with Charlize Theron.

screen.jpeg

810. PARASITE (2019)

parasite_2019-12-17_10-44-20.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen Personal Property, the remake of Psycho, and Parasite.

North by Northwest and Lawrence of Arabia are among my favorite films of all time.

Many people have told me that Parasite is an excellent movie, so maybe I'll go see it soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

811 - Robin Hood (1922) - I haven't seen it.

812 - I don't know

813 - The Farmer's Daughter (1947)

814 - State of the Union (1948)

815 - Carmen Jones (1954)

816 - Cat Ballou (1965)

817 - All That Jazz (1979)

818 - Platoon (1986)

819 - Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)

820 - Tea with Mussolini (1999) - I haven't seen it.

 

All That Jazz and Platoon are my favorites of the bunch. I enjoyed most of the others, but I loathed Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a timely post!

It's supposed to be very rainy this weekend, so my sister, the bird, and I are going to chronologically watch a bunch of Robin Hood movies.  We did this a couple years ago and it was a lot of fun.  I literally just borrowed the Douglas Fairbanks Robin Hood (#811) from the library, which I haven't seen.

We have the following Robin Hood on the schedule, including:

Robin Hood (1922)

The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)

The two Looney Tunes Robin Hood shorts

Disney Robin Hood (1973)

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991, #819).  Kevin Costner is a terrible Robin Hood, but Alan Rickman is an amazing Sheriff of Nottingham.

Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993)

Robin Hood (2010)

Robin Hood (2018)

--

Anyway, I haven't seen 811 Robin Hood, I have seen 819 Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

812 I think has Ann Sothern in the picture, but I don't know the film.

813 The Farmer's Daughter, I haven't seen. 

814 State of the Union, I haven't seen this one.

815 Carmen Jones. I haven't seen this one, but it's on my DVR.

816 Cat Ballou. Yes!

817 All That Jazz. Yes. Ugh I hated this movie.

818 Platoon. No.

820 Tea With Mussolini. No.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

What a timely post!

It's supposed to be very rainy this weekend, so my sister, the bird, and I are going to chronologically watch a bunch of Robin Hood movies.  We did this a couple years ago and it was a lot of fun.  I literally just borrowed the Douglas Fairbanks Robin Hood (#811) from the library, which I haven't seen.

We have the following Robin Hood on the schedule, including:

Robin Hood (1922)

The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)

The two Looney Tunes Robin Hood shorts

Disney Robin Hood (1973)

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991, #819).  Kevin Costner is a terrible Robin Hood, but Alan Rickman is an amazing Sheriff of Nottingham.

Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993)

Robin Hood (2010)

Robin Hood (2018)

--

Anyway, I haven't seen 811 Robin Hood, I have seen 819 Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

812 I think has Ann Sothern in the picture, but I don't know the film.

813 The Farmer's Daughter, I haven't seen. 

814 State of the Union, I haven't seen this one.

815 Carmen Jones. I haven't seen this one, but it's on my DVR.

816 Cat Ballou. Yes!

817 All That Jazz. Yes. Ugh I hated this movie.

818 Platoon. No.

820 Tea With Mussolini. No.

A Robin Hood marathon sounds fun. I love the British series made in the mid-50s with Richard Greene. So many good guest stars. Episodes are on YouTube.

As for ALL THAT JAZZ...I think it's a movie people either love or despise. No real middle ground there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheat Sheet:

811. ROBIN HOOD (1922) with Douglas Fairbanks.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 9.14.50 PM.jpeg

812. WALKING ON AIR (1936) with Ann Sothern & Gene Raymond.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 8.51.34 AM.png

813. THE FARMER'S DAUGHTER (1947) with Joseph Cotten & Loretta Young.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 9.21.56 PM.jpeg

814. STATE OF THE UNION (1948) with Spencer Tracy & Katharine Hepburn.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 8.57.07 PM.png

815. CARMEN JONES (1956) with Dorothy Dandridge & Harry Belafonte.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 9.01.16 PM.jpeg

816. CAT BALLOU (1965) with Jane Fonda.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 9.03.19 PM.jpeg

817. ALL THAT JAZZ (1979) with Roy Scheider.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 9.09.33 PM 2.jpeg

818. PLATOON (1986) with Tom Berenger.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 9.12.50 PM.png

819. ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES (1991) with Kevin Costner.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 9.13.51 PM.jpeg

820. TEA WITH MUSSOLINI (1999) with Maggie Smith.

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 7.33.50 PM.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...