Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have you seen these 10 classic films..?

1 minute ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

I never get tired of watching number 23, 21 really made an impression on me, 28 always gets some laughs out of me....but I absolutely LOATHE 30, which pains me to say since I usually like John Goodman.

Interesting that it ended up being Liz Taylor's last feature film. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I think #27 is the only one I haven't seen.

It's one of Julie Andrews' best. It's interesting to see her do a spy thriller. It feels like a Bond film in some regards. There are some special effects (an explosion sequence) near the end of the story.. it's very well done for something made in the mid-70s. Blake Edwards wrote the screenplay and directed it.

• Like 1

Cheat Sheet:

21. FURY (1936) with Sylvia Sidney & Spencer Tracy

screen-38.jpeg

22. MY NAME IS JULIA ROSS (1945) with Nina Foch.

screen-shot-2019-10-04-at-3.17.43-pm.jpeg

23. WHITE HEAT (1949) with James Cagney & Margaret Wycherly.

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 12.22.26 PM.png

24. ABOUT MRS. LESLIE (1954) with Shirley Booth.

screen-shot-2019-02-12-at-9.25.10-am.jpeg

25. ALL THAT HEAVEN ALLOWS (1955) with Jane Wyman.

screen-shot-2019-03-27-at-1.06.15-pm.jpeg

26. THE NIGHT WALKER (1964) with Barbara Stanwyck.

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 3.54.50 PM.jpeg

27. THE TAMARIND SEED (1974) with Julie Andrews & Omar Sharif.

screen-shot-2019-05-26-at-1.31.21-pm.jpeg

28. CROCODILE DUNDEE (1986) with Paul Hogan.

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 4.01.43 PM.jpeg

29. ROXANNE (1987) with Steve Martin & Daryl Hannah.

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 3.38.59 PM.jpeg

30. THE FLINTSTONES (1994) with Elizabeth Taylor.

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 3.44.32 PM.jpeg

2 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I've seen 23, 25, 28, 30.

I especially love 25, I do enjoy a good melodrama--especially the Douglas Sirk ones.

Thoughts on THE FLINTSTONES movie...did you like it? It actually made a lot of money at the box office.

1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

Thoughts on THE FLINTSTONES movie...did you like it? It actually made a lot of money at the box office.

I think we rented it when it came out. I don't remember disliking it, but I was also 10 when it came out.  I haven't watched it since, so I'll say it definitely wasn't a film I needed to see again. Though I do remember liking John Goodman, Rick Moranis, and Elizabeth Taylor.  

Just now, speedracer5 said:

I think we rented it when it came out. I don't remember disliking it, but I was also 10 when it came out.  I haven't watched it since, so I'll say it definitely wasn't a film I needed to see again. Though I do remember liking John Goodman, Rick Moranis, and Elizabeth Taylor.  

Rick Moranis was a bonafide movie star in the late 80s and early 90s. Whatever happened to him?

• Like 1
Just now, TopBilled said:

Rick Moranis was a bonafide movie star in the late 80s and early 90s. Whatever happened to him?

If I'm remembering right, I think his wife passed away and he paused his career to raise his children.  His children have got to be grown by now, so maybe we're in for a Rick Moranis renaissance. 

34 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

It's one of Julie Andrews' best. It's interesting to see her do a spy thriller. It feels like a Bond film in some regards. There are some special effects (an explosion sequence) near the end of the story.. it's very well done for something made in the mid-70s. Blake Edwards wrote the screenplay and directed it.

Despite various flaws in the film overall, Andrews is good in TORN CURTAIN (1966), her other 'spy' film.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Brrrcold said:

Despite various flaws in the film overall, Andrews is good in TORN CURTAIN (1966), her other 'spy' film.

Thanks. I tend to forget she made a Hitchcock film. 

By the way, THE TAMARIND SEED is currently on YouTube. Excellent print. Highly recommended.

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 3.08.08 PM.jpeg

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

If I'm remembering right, I think his wife passed away and he paused his career to raise his children.  His children have got to be grown by now, so maybe we're in for a Rick Moranis renaissance. 

Thanks for the info. I read his wiki page and it seems like he did step away from Hollywood for the reason you describe. 

The ones I haven't seen are About Mrs. Leslie and The Night Walker.

I confuse All That Heaven Allows with The Magnificent Obsession. I've never been a fan of Douglas Sirk movies (Ducks to avoid the tomatoes).

Steve Martin was wonderful in Roxanne.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Arsan404 said:

The ones I haven't seen are About Mrs. Leslie and The Night Walker.

I confuse All That Heaven Allows with The Magnificent Obsession. I've never been a fan of Douglas Sirk movies (Ducks to avoid the tomatoes).

Steve Martin was wonderful in Roxanne.

There's currently a nice print of ABOUT MRS. LESLIE on YouTube. 

Both Sirk titles you mentioned have been put on DVD by the folks at Criterion.

The Blu-ray for ROXANNE is available at TCM Shop and it looks like there's a $5 discount at the moment.

• Thanks 1