Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have you seen these 10 classic films..?

48 minutes ago, Fedya said:

Except for the Bryan Adams song, right? :P

It was number 1 for 16 weeks in 1991 in Britain. And almost as huge a hit in the U.S. and other countries.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150830005612/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGoWtY_h4xo

The cinematography for this film is quite good...the shots of him singing in the video are nicely matched and of comparable quality.

1 hour ago, Fedya said:

Except for the Bryan Adams song, right? :P

Great. Now I've got that song stuck in my head.

"Look into my eyes, you will see...what you mean to me...search your heart...search your soul...and when you find me there, you'll search no more..."

Every time I hear it though, I think of Family Guy when Stewie makes his music video for this song.

Been out of town for a few days attending to what initially appeared to be a major family medical crisis that thankfully so far seems to be resolving into a relatively minor one. But I'm leaving again tomorrow to be on hand for about a week just in case. I've got a lot of catching up to do here:

In the 780s, I've seen EmmaTammy & the Bachelor and Sleepless in Seattle, so only three.

In the 790s, I've seen The Harvey GirlsKey LargoExecutive SuiteThe Sweet Smell of SuccessRachel Rachel and Beloved. So, six.

In the 800s, I've seen The Little FoxesHarveyNorth by Northwest (oh my God, so many times), Lawrence of ArabiaHoney I Shrunk the Kids and Psycho. I don't remember why I brought it up, but I recall in another thread TopBilled found it interesting I've only ever seen the color Gus Van Zandt nearly shot-for-shot remake and not the original. Six again.

In the 810s, I've seen The Farmer's DaughterState of the UnionCat BallouAll That JazzRobin Hood: Prince of Thieves and Tea with Mussolini, so, um, that same number again (I'm not particularly religious, but I'm superstitious about mentioning that particular number three times in a row).

• Like 1
10 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

811 - Robin Hood (1922) - I haven't seen it.

812 - I don't know

813 - The Farmer's Daughter (1947)

814 - State of the Union (1948)

815 - Carmen Jones (1954)

816 - Cat Ballou (1965)

817 - All That Jazz (1979)

818 - Platoon (1986)

819 - Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)

820 - Tea with Mussolini (1999) - I haven't seen it.

All That Jazz and Platoon are my favorites of the bunch. I enjoyed most of the others, but I loathed Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

And once again, I've watched every one and haven't watched every one Lawrence here has or hasn't.

(...and re your loathing of RH:PoT here Lawrence...I understand Dick Van Dyke always liked it anyway, and only because it got people to stop talking about how bad HIS British accent was in a movie!) ;) 

• Haha 2

821 is The Invisible Man - yes

822 is Arsenic and Old Lace - yes

823 is The Boy with Green Hair - no

824 is A Christmas Carol (I think the original UK title) or Scrooge (renamed in the US) - yes

825 is The Big Heat - yes

828 is Oh, God! - yes

829 is Pee Wee's Big Adventure - no

830 is The Firm - yes

I'm unsure about 826 or 827, but both those ladies look lovely, and I'd like to know who they are.

So, I've definitely seen six. I'm preparing to leave town. Hope I'll see everybody in a week!

• Like 1

821 The Invisible Man, No

822- Arsenic and Old Lace- Yes

823- The Boy With Green Hair- No

824- A Christmas Carol,  it doesn't look like a version I've seen.  I'm really sick of this story.

825- The Big Heat- Yes! I love this movie

826- Never  on Sunday, No

827- The Night They Raided Minskys, No.

828- Oh God! No

829- Pee Wee's Big Adventure.  No. Ugh. I cannot stand Pee Wee Herman. What an irritating show.

830- The Firm, No.

• Thanks 1

Cheat Sheet:

821. THE INVISIBLE MAN (1933) with Claude Rains & Gloria Stuart.

Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 3.49.28 PM.jpg

822. ARSENIC AND OLD LACE (1944) with Edward Everett Horton, Josephine Hull & Jean Adair.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 7.47.33 AM.jpeg

823. THE BOY WITH GREEN HAIR (1948) with Dean Stockwell.

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 4.13.05 PM.jpeg

824. SCROOGE (1951) with Alastair Sim.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 7.55.26 AM.png

825. THE BIG HEAT (1953) with Gloria Grahame.

screen-shot-2020-02-17-at-7.45.50-am 2.jpeg

826. NEVER ON SUNDAY (1960) with Melina Mercouri.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 7.49.22 AM.jpeg

827. THE NIGHT THEY RAIDED MINSKY'S (1968) with Britt Ekland.

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 8.47.42 PM.jpeg

828. OH GOD! (1977) with John Denver & George Burns.

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 5.16.04 PM.jpeg

829. PEE-WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE (1985) with Paul Reubens.

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 5.24.45 PM.jpeg

830. THE FIRM (1993) with Wilford Brimley & Tom Cruise.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 7.57.01 AM.jpeg

Didn't want to but had little choice but to take my laptop with me on my out-of-town excursion.

I'm struggling with most of these, but ...

832 is The Fighting Sullivans - yes

835 is Friendly Persuasion - no

838 might be Serpico? But why Al would be holding a picture of himself from The Godfather doesn't make may contextual sense. Anyway, I've seen Serpico a long time ago.

839 is Dirty Dancing - no

840 is The People vs. Larry Flynt - no

I don't know about any of the others. I haven't seen many Jerry Lewis solo movies. I didn't he made one with Carmen Miranda.

So, only one I can absolutely confirm I've seen. I'll have to wait and hear about the others.

22 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

838 might be Serpico? But why Al would be holding a picture of himself from The Godfather doesn't make may contextual sense. Anyway, I've seen Serpico a long time ago.

I might have found a publicity photo, instead of a still from SERPICO. Sorry for the confusion.

But yes, 838 is SERPICO.

831 Not sure of the movie... I think the lady on the left might be Eve Arden.

832 The Fighting Sullivans, No

833 Brute Force, Yes

834 I recognize Carmen Miranda and Jerry Lewis... Not sure of the movie

835 Friendly Persuasion, No

836 I think that's Joan Collins... but No

837 No

838 Serpico, No

839 Dirty Dancing. Yes! I love this movie.  I've seen it dozens of times.  The best dancing movie of the 80s.

840 The People Vs Larry Flynt, No

• Like 1

831 is Women in the Wind (1939)

834 is Scared Stiff (1953)

836 is Seven Thieves (1960)

837 is House of Usher (1960)

I have not seen Women in the Wind or The Fighting Sullivans. I liked all the others, although Dirty Dancing wasn't really my cup of tea.

• Like 1

I selected a different pic for SERPICO. Here's the Cheat Sheet:

831. WOMEN IN THE WIND (1939) with Eve Arden & Kay Francis.

SCREEN.jpeg

832. THE FIGHTING SULLIVANS (1944)

SCREEN.jpg

833. BRUTE FORCE (1947) with Hume Cronyn & Burt Lancaster.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 5.10.36 PM.jpeg

834. SCARED STIFF (1953) with Jerry Lewis & Carmen Miranda.

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 12.48.09 PM

835. FRIENDLY PERSUASION (1956) with Anthony Perkins, Dorothy McGuire & Gary Cooper.

SCREEN.jpeg

836. SEVEN THIEVES (1960) with Joan Collins & Rod Steiger.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 4.57.22 PM.jpeg

837. THE TOMB OF LIGEIA (1964) with Vincent Price.

SCREEN.jpeg

838. SERPICO (1973) with Al Pacino.

Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 10.10.23 AM.jpeg

839. DIRTY DANCING (1987) with Jennifer Grey & Patrick Swayze.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 4.59.01 PM.jpeg

840. THE PEOPLE VS. LARRY FLYNT (1996) with Woody Harrelson.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 5.03.52 PM.jpeg

Technology makes life hard sometimes. I just got a new laptop. I wanted to post as a guest just to try it out, since I haven't logged in yet on my new computer. I was required to enter an email address, and when I did, I was told "This address is already being used by a member". Well, duh, that's me. But okay, posting as a guest is apparently impossible unless I get another email address. So, I'm back on my old laptop.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I've only seen two of these movies, I think. The title Brute Force is giving me some deja vu, but I can't say I actually remember seeing Lancaster and Cronyn in a film together, so I probably haven't seen it.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

Nope. It's just stored in my old laptop. I don't ever have to log in on this machine. I just punch up the message boards and I'm already connected. So, I haven't had to think about it for years and years.

You can probably PM a moderator and get them to look it up for you.

• Thanks 1

First question: I don't know. Maybe? I usually use Google Chrome. If there is such a thing, it's not immediately visible or apparent to me. Granted, I am not very computer smart.

Second question: I don't know. I haven't seen a login page for this website in 10 years, as I don't have to log in. I imagine that route won't get me my old password back, I would have to create a new one and then make sure I remember that new one for all other devices I ever use or just get an endless loop of constantly creating new passwords.

1 hour ago, sewhite2000 said:

First question: I don't know. Maybe? I usually use Google Chrome. If there is such a thing, it's not immediately visible or apparent to me. Granted, I am not very computer smart.

Second question: I don't know. I haven't seen a login page for this website in 10 years, as I don't have to log in. I imagine that route won't get me my old password back, I would have to create a new one and then make sure I remember that new one for all other devices I ever use or just get an endless loop of constantly creating new passwords.

I use Chrome too. The saved passwords are in the menu, then settings, then passwords. Then you click on the eye next to the password you wish to view. 

If you go to forums.tcm.com, the login box is in the upper-right corner. You’ll know you aren’t logged in because the boards will look different. E.g. the threads you’ve read won’t be un-bolded. 

• Thanks 1