Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have you seen these 10 classic films..?

I haven't seen these

81. PENGUIN POOL MURDER (1932) with Edna May Oliver and friend.

82. IT'S A DATE (1940) with Kay Francis, Deanna Durbin & Walter Pidgeon.

86. PEYTON PLACE (1957) with Lana Turner & Diane Varsi.

1 minute ago, cigarjoe said:

I haven't seen these

81. PENGUIN POOL MURDER (1932) with Edna May Oliver and friend.

82. IT'S A DATE (1940) with Kay Francis, Deanna Durbin & Walter Pidgeon.

86. PEYTON PLACE (1957) with Lana Turner & Diane Varsi.

IT'S A DATE (1940) was remade by MGM as NANCY GOES TO RIO (1950). I like the original better, even though it's not in Technicolor like the remake, because it features wonderful character actors such as S.Z. Sakall, Fritz Feld and Eugene Pallette. It's a fun movie and it's nice to see Kay Francis do some lighter material instead of the usual melodrama.

3 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

...I definitely want to know what this movie is with Edna May Oliver listening attentively to a penguin!

I've seen it sewhite, and in this scene the penguin is saying to Edna...

screen-shot-2019-07-02-at-7.40.26-am.png

"No, I'm sorry but I have no tables available at the moment. Now, if you would had made a reservation...."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Arsan404 said:

It must be fun watching Edna May Oliver solving a murder.

Most definitely. She is joined by James Gleason in these whodunits (they did three of them together, PENGUIN POOL MURDER being the first one). 

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 6.04.44 AM.jpg

• Like 2
On 11/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, speedracer5 said:

I've seen #10 exactly once and didn't think much about it.  It was just "meh" to me. No desire to see it again.

My friend listens to the music from this film as a means to fall asleep. 

I had many friends who worked on "Silence," and I still enjoy it.  A slow burn at a time when over-doing it was the norm.  To me, it felt like a classic movie, just with a modern spin.

47 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Most definitely. She is joined by James Gleason in these whodunits (they did three of them together, PENGUIN POOL MURDER being the first one). 

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 6.04.44 AM.jpg

Hildegarde Withers is THE BEST.  Great role for Edna Mae and totally entertaining.  These two were wonderful together.

• Like 2

I'll be away for most of the day, which means I won't be able to post the Cheat Sheet till this evening.

But I'm sure you guys (and gals) will be able to figure out most of these anyway...!

Have you seen these classic films:

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 7.18.12 PM.jpeg

screen-shot-2019-03-13-at-9.58.30-am.jpg

screen-shot-2017-12-14-at-11-20-45-am.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 11.11.32 AM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 12.32.42 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 1.59.12 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 2.02.10 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 1.39.41 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 2.05.27 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 10.08.08 AM.jpeg

99 is a great film, but kind of hard to watch....maybe something I'd watch once in awhile but not too often. Though Jodie was fantastic in that.

100 I consider an overlong and pretty crummy remake of the far superior DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY with Fredric March.

91-96 are ace with me all the way. Haven't seen 97 or 98 (at least not that I can remember).

• Like 2

My fellow posters are being coy, but since it's already been my habit to come in and spoil everything I already know:

91 is City Lights, but I've actually never seen it.

92 is Since You Went Away, yes I've seen it

93 is Christmas in Connecticut - yes

Strictly a guess on 95, but Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?, maybe? Which I just watched again last night for maybe the 12th or 15th time. But unsure this still is from that movie.

96 is The Unskinkable Molly Brown - yes

97, another guess, Barbarella? Never seen it all the way through. I'm not entirely sure that's Jane Fonda.

98 is Logan's Run - yes

99 is The Accused - yes

100 is Meet Joe Black - yes

So, I've seen at lest six of these for sure. Maybe more, depending on the ones I'm unsure about.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

My fellow posters are being coy, but since it's already been my habit to come in and spoil everything I already know:

I'm actually not certain what Joan Crawford movie that is, but I've seen everything she was in from 1930 onward.

I think #94 is The Man Who Watched Trains Go By aka The Paris Express.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 11/21/2019 at 11:31 AM, speedracer5 said:

Some of these look familiar but I cannot recall the titles.

I love 33. I've seen that movie a dozen times and I never tire of it.

I've also seen 39 and 40. 

When I told my friends that I don't cry at movies, they were determined to find the saddest movie of all time to see if I would cry.  They picked #39.  

I didn't cry.

I already knew the ending, so I was anticipating it. 

So you didn't Cry Tomorrow?

Since You Went Away is my favorite Claudette Colbert movie.  Sudden Fear is my favorite Joan Crawford film.  Christmas in Connecticut is NOT my favorite Stanwyck comedy (The Lady Eve is) but I'll be watching it this holiday season because I love it.  The Unsinkable Molly Brown is my favorite Debbie Reynolds musical (and, btw, I held the door for her at her Vegas hotel back in the day, and she even said "Thank you").

• Like 1