Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have you seen these 10 classic films..?


Recommended Posts

No idea what 2457 and 2460 are, since I can't identify the actors. (I would guess The Rise and Fall of Legs Diamond for 2460, but the clothing style looks wrong.)

The others are Loose Ankles, The Tenderfoot, Angel on My Shoulder, The Beast With Five Fingers, 5 Fingers, Belles on Their Toes, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, and Footloose.

I've only seen three of them.  :-(

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't played this game in a long, long time. The previous post saved me a lot of work on the 2450s. The only one I could have identified on sight was Footloose, which is also the only one I've seen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Fausterlitz did an excellent job.

***

Cheat Sheet:

2451. LOOSE ANKLES (1930) with Raymond Keane & Loretta Young.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 2.47.38 PM

2452. YOU SAID A MOUTHFUL (1932) with Ginger Rogers & Joe E. Brown.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 10.30.48 AM

2453. ANGEL ON MY SHOULDER (1946) with Claude Rains, Anne Baxter & Paul Muni.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 10.24.27 AM

2454. THE BEAST WITH FIVE FINGERS (1946) with Peter Lorre.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 10.17.40 AM

2455. 5 FINGERS (1952) with James Mason & Danielle Darrieux.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 10.27.36 AM

2456. BELLES ON THEIR TOES (1952) with Barbara Bates, Verna Felton & Jeanne Crain.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 10.36.19 AM

2457. HANDS OF A GUNFIGHTER (1965) with Craig Hill & Francisco Huetos.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 3.06.45 PM

2458. BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA (1974) with Warren Oates.

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 7.58.21 AM

2459. FOOTLOOSE (1984) with Kevin Bacon & Chris Penn.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 2.59.28 PM

2460. FACE/OFF (1997) with John Travolta & Nicolas Cage.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 3.05.16 PM

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Fausterlitz said:

Oops, I got a little trigger-happy on 2452.  Should have considered the watermelon!

I think it's a publicity still because I don't remember a scene of them eating watermelon in the movie.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 10.30.48 AM

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoops, I have also seen Face/Off. Didn't recognize it from the still. So, I've seen two of those 10, the most recent two, I think, I must admit somewhat shamefacedly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 8:51 PM, sewhite2000 said:

Whoops, I have also seen Face/Off. Didn't recognize it from the still. So, I've seen two of those 10, the most recent two, I think, I must admit somewhat shamefacedly.

FACE/OFF seems to have become a forgotten film. But it was a big hit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you seen these classic films:

2461. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 11.24.12 AM

2462. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 7.54.11 AM 2

2463.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 12.26.35 PM

2464.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.45.49 PM

2465.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.28.06 PM

2466.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 4.23.55 PM

2467.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.19.43 PM

2468. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 8.01.09 AM

2469.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.52.50 PM

2470.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.48.25 PM

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I recognize a number of the actors but can't identify many of the movies, except for the more recent ones.

2467 is Max Dugan Returns. I think I watched the first 30 or 60 minutes on HBO many years ago, but I won't count it as one I've seen.

2468 Clint Eastwood and James Woods. Seems like it could be a movie I've seen, but I'm not placing it.

2469 Walk the Line. Yes.

2470 The Coen Brothers' version of True Grit. I haven't seen it.

So, only one I'm sure I've seen.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2021 at 9:20 PM, sewhite2000 said:

I recognize a number of the actors but can't identify many of the movies, except for the more recent ones.

2467 is Max Dugan Returns. I think I watched the first 30 or 60 minutes on HBO many years ago, but I won't count it as one I've seen.

2468 Clint Eastwood and James Woods. Seems like it could be a movie I've seen, but I'm not placing it.

2469 Walk the Line. Yes.

2470 The Coen Brothers' version of True Grit. I haven't seen it.

So, only one I'm sure I've seen.

Yes, the Max Dugan movie was in heavy rotation on HBO back in the day.

The Eastwood picture is from 1999.

I'll post the answers tomorrow.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheat Sheet:

2461. DAUGHTERS COURAGEOUS (1938) with Priscilla Lane & Fay Bainter.

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 11.24.12 AM

2462. IVAN THE TERRIBLE (1944) with Nikolay Cherkasov.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 7.54.11 AM 2

2463. YIELD TO THE NIGHT (1956) with Diana Dors.

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 12.26.35 PM

2464. MOVE OVER DARLING (1963) with Doris Day & Polly Bergen.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.45.49 PM

2465. I WALK THE LINE (1970) with Gregory Peck & Tuesday Weld.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.28.06 PM

2466. CINDERELLA LIBERTY (1973) with Marsha Mason & James Caan.

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 4.23.55 PM

2467. MAX DUGAN RETURNS (1983) with Jason Robards & Matthew Broderick.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.19.43 PM

2468. TRUE CRIME (1999) with Clint Eastwood & James Woods.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 8.01.09 AM

2469. WALK THE LINE (2005) with Reese Witherspoon & Joaquin Phoenix.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.52.50 PM

2470. TRUE GRIT (2010) with Jeff Bridges & Hailee Steinfeld.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.48.25 PM

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen Ivan but it's been years.  Also Cinderella Liberty and Walk the Line.

I've think I watched Max Dugan every showing when it was in HBO's heavy rotation. I loved that movie. Has one of my favorite scenes in it 

 

Robards: "You could say I'm a professional philosopher."

Broderick: "Professional philosopher? Does that pay well?"

Robards: "It does if you have the right philosophy."

😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheat Sheet:

2471. NICE GIRL? (1941) with Deanna Durbin & Robert Benchley.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 9.49.07 PM

2472. JUNE BRIDE (1948) with Robert Montgomery & Bette Davis.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 11.58.33 AM

2473. THE 13TH LETTER (1951) with Michael Rennie & Constance Smith.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 8.05.00 AM

2474. UTAH BLAINE (1957) with Rory Calhoun & Susan Cummings.

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 9.09.11 AM

2475. THE LADIES MAN (1961) with Jerry Lewis & Kathleen Freeman.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 5.20.31 PM

2476. THE ADVENTURERS (1970) with Bekim Fehmiu & Olivia de Havilland.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 5.24.59 PM

2477. VALLEY GIRL (1983) with Deborah Foreman & Nicolas Cage.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 5.17.13 PM

2478. JACOB’S LADDER (1990) with Tim Robbins.

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 9.15.06 AM

2479. LADDER 49 (2004) with John Travolta.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 5.15.24 PM

2480. HITCHCOCK (2012) with Anthony Hopkins.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 3.42.45 PM

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was too slow to guess on these. Probably the only one I could have identified without being told the answers is Valley Girl, which I'm actually not entirely sure I've seen all the way through. I think I rented it from Blockbuster around 1991 or so, but I don't think I finished it. I just listed The 13th Letter as a movie I'd like to see included for a potential Linda Darnell SUTS day after reading a plot description on imdb, but I haven't seen it. The only one of these movies I'm absolutely sure I've seen from beginning to end is Jacob's Ladder, a really depressing head trip of a movie. Even after the big twist was revealed, the movie didn't jolt me out of the funk it had put me in. So, I guess I've just seen one. MAYBE I saw Ladder 49 in the theaters. It stirs up some deja vu feelings when I read the plot description on imdb, but I'm truly uncertain, so I won't list it. The transformation of Anthony Hopkins in that last picture is truly uncanny.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

I was too slow to guess on these. Probably the only one I could have identified without being told the answers is Valley Girl, which I'm actually not entirely sure I've seen all the way through. I think I rented it from Blockbuster around 1991 or so, but I don't think I finished it. I just listed The 13th Letter as a movie I'd like to see included for a potential Linda Darnell SUTS day after reading a plot description on imdb, but I haven't seen it. The only one of these movies I'm absolutely sure I've seen from beginning to end is Jacob's Ladder, a really depressing head trip of a movie. Even after the big twist was revealed, the movie didn't jolt me out of the funk it had put me in. So, I guess I've just seen one. MAYBE I saw Ladder 49 in the theaters. It stirs up some deja vu feelings when I read the plot description on imdb, but I'm truly uncertain, so I won't list it. The transformation of Anthony Hopkins in that last picture is truly uncanny.

I won't post the answers so quickly next time.

THE 13TH LETTER is a great movie.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it's not you. It's me! (Not trying to make this sound like a relationship breakup thingie). I am just slowly beginning to re-examine this thread after being its most active guesser in the early days. Post whenever you like. I will respond or fail to respond depending on whether I actually check this website or not.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

No, it's not you. It's me! (Not trying to make this sound like a relationship breakup thingie). I am just slowly beginning to re-examine this thread after being its most active guesser in the early days. Post whenever you like. I will respond or fail to respond depending on whether I actually check this website or not.

Okay, that's fair. :) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you seen these classic films:

2481.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 12.40.26 PM

2482.  

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 3.52.11 PM

2483. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 4.25.08 PM

2484.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 3.39.33 PM

2485.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 1.35.38 PM

2486.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 5.08.48 PM

2487.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 5.01.24 PM

2488.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 5.05.16 PM

2489. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 5.10.25 PM

2490.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 12.19.48 PM

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheat Sheet:

2481. FAITHLESS (1932) with Tallulah Bankhead & Robert Montgomery.

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 12.40.26 PM

2482. THE CAPTAIN’S KID (1936) with Sybil Jason & Guy Kibbee.

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 3.52.11 PM

2483. BAMBI (1942)

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 4.25.08 PM

2484. THE STORY OF G.I. JOE (1945) with Burgess Meredith, Robert Mitchum & Wally Cassell.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 3.39.33 PM

2485. TEN NORTH FREDERICK (1958) with Gary Cooper & Suzy Parker.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 1.35.38 PM

2486. BREATHLESS (1960) with Jean Seberg & Jean-Paul Belmondo.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 5.08.48 PM

2487. THE RUNNING MAN (1963) with Lee Remick & Laurence Harvey.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 5.01.24 PM

2488. MARATHON MAN (1976) with Dustin Hoffman & Laurence Olivier.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 5.05.16 PM

2489. THE MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER (1982) with Sigrid Thornton & Kirk Douglas.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 5.10.25 PM

2490. G.I. JANE (1997) with Demi Moore.

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 12.19.48 PM

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen Bambi,  The Story of G.I. Joe, Breathless and Marathon Man, so four. I like to think I could have identified all four of them if they hadn't been identified already.  I definitely could have identified Bambi! Ha ha. I'm unfamiliar with all the others except G.I. Jane. Possibly I could have identified it, although I may have mistaken the person in the pic for a man!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2021 at 9:35 PM, sewhite2000 said:

I've seen Bambi,  The Story of G.I. Joe, Breathless and Marathon Man, so four. I like to think I could have identified all four of them if they hadn't been identified already.  I definitely could have identified Bambi! Ha ha. I'm unfamiliar with all the others except G.I. Jane. Possibly I could have identified it, although I may have mistaken the person in the pic for a man!

Is there anyone that hasn't seen BAMBI...? It's a true classic.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 12.05.21 PM

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you seen these classic films:

2491.  

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 1.18.44 PM

2492.  

screen-shot-2020-09-13-at-6.43.52-am

2493.  

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 1.23.31 PM

2494.  

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 12.33.26 PM 2

2495.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 9.12.29 AM

2496. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 1.03.48 PM

2497.  

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.11.53 AM

2498.  

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 11.06.42 AM

2499.  

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 2.58.39 PM

2500. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 2.46.46 PM 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know any of the older ones.

2496 is South Pacific. Yes.

2498 is Fun with D*ck and Jane, which I think maybe is airing on George Segal's SUTS day? I haven't seen it.

2499 is Teen Wolf. Oh, I saw part of it on HBO a million years ago, but I won't count it as one I've actually seen.

2500 looks like fodder for TCM Underground, I can't identify it.

So, only one I'm absolutely sure I've seen.

Edit: Oh, no, wait I think 2500 is one of those drag queen movies. There were two that came out maybe the same year. To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar and The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. Pretty sure it's the former. I think I can make out the faces of Leguizamo, Snipes and Swayze. I still haven't seen it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2021 at 9:58 AM, sewhite2000 said:

I don't know any of the older ones.

2496 is South Pacific. Yes.

2498 is Fun with D*ck and Jane, which I think maybe is airing on George Segal's SUTS day? I haven't seen it.

2499 is Teen Wolf. Oh, I saw part of it on HBO a million years ago, but I won't count it as one I've actually seen.

2500 looks like fodder for TCM Underground, I can't identify it.

So, only one I'm absolutely sure I've seen.

Edit: Oh, no, wait I think 2500 is one of those drag queen movies. There were two that came out maybe the same year. To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar and The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. Pretty sure it's the former. I think I can make out the faces of Leguizamo, Snipes and Swayze. I still haven't seen it.

Yes, #2500 is one of the drag queen movies you mentioned.

TEEN WOLF was popular with kids at my high school in the 80s. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...