Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
driskerr

Inaccurate Expiration Dates

I just had a *very* frustrating experience with the TCM app/online experience. I've recently been on a Mikhail Kalatozov kick after discovering his earlier films and was beyond excited to find "Soy Cuba"/"I am Cuba" (1964) on the TCM app.

What made the situation even more serendipitous, was that this was my first time logging into the TCM app in months, and "Soy Cuba" just so happened to be on the homepage. And I caught it just in time: "Soy Cuba" was scheduled to expire from the TCM app within 3 days on Nov. 20.

However, when I tried to watch the film today (Nov. 18, two days before "Soy Cuba" was set to expire) it was nowhere to be found. I am devastated and don't know where else I'll be able to find a copy/streaming service that hosts the film. 

This "expiration date" problem is also happening with "tcm on demand".  "Murder My Sweet" was scheduled to expire on 12/14, but when I went to play it tonight, 12/9, it was gone.  This is the second time that this happened to me over the past few weeks, and it's very frustrating.  I appreciate that tcm has now extended many of its "on demand" expiration dates beyond the standard seven days, but why are movies being removed before their expiration dates?