Elementary (2012–2019)
Haven (2010–2015)
Warehouse 13 (2009–2014)
The Mentalist (2008–2015)
Stargate: Atlantis (2004–2009)

Stargate SG-1 (1997–2007)
Red Dwarf (1988-2017)
Fawlty Towers (1975–1979)

I didn't have any of those above among my top tens, but I liked them all nonetheless, and watched the entire series of each.

I'm still working on watching Doctor Who. I've recently watched Spearhead from Space and Death to the Daleks, featuring Jon Pertwee as the Third Doctor, and The Ark in Space and The Sontaran Experiment with the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker). I have a dozen or more other individual-serial discs, as well as the boxsets of the newer seasons, which I'll watch when I get to those years (I'm watching things in chronological order).

• Like 2

I don't have ten for each decade. The past decade or so I moved away from American television to British television, since I think the acting and production values tend to be stronger. Plus the writing on British programs, especially the British soaps, tends to be driven by progressive socio-political agendas I endorse. 

2010s

Emmerdale - least formulaic soap, best stunts and exploration of social issues
Holby City - best medical soap I've watched since St. Elsewhere; every storyline is gripping
Vera - Brenda Blethyn plays a female version of Columbo in this role of a lifetime
Red Rock - a classic Irish soap with a lot of crime elements
EastEnders - has had its ups and downs but the highs outweigh the lows.

2000s

Lark Rise to Candleford - a classic period drama that reminds me a lot of Little House on the Prairie
Midsomer Murders - I still like the newer episodes, but the Nettles/Casey era from 2000-2003 is most enjoyable
Frasier - I attended two tapings of this series in its last season; lots of fun.
Brothers & Sisters - Sally Field is excellent; Marion Ross is just as good as her mother in special episodes.
Desperate Housewives - the Nicolette Sheridan seasons

1990s

Dear John - wonderful all the way through; standout cast led by Judd Hirsch
Cheers - I prefer the Kirstie Alley seasons
Roseanne - the middle years; it got a bit too crazy at the end and the first year or two it was rather dull
Hearts Afire - overlooked romantic sitcom with John Ritter and Markie Post; the first season with George Gaynes as their boss was the best.
Hawkeye - my favorite action series from this decade; Lynda Carter & Lee Horsley are perfect together
Guiding Light - the Paul Rauch era with head writers James Harmon Brown & Barbara Esenstein, which started in 1997. I loved all those storylines and characters.

1980s

Magnum P.I. and Simon & Simon - I love these two detective series equally, for different reasons.
Hunter - excellent all the way through, especially the middle years
Newhart - best sitcom from this decade
The Jeffersons - I enjoyed it more than All in the Family
Dynasty - the last season with Stephanie Beacham going toe to toe with Joan Collins was the best
Dallas - up through Pam's dream, then it became far-fetched.
Falcon Crest - the Abby Dalton seasons are my favorite, but I do like some of the later stuff where Ana-Alicia's character is driving the narrative.
St. Elsewhere - what a great show with an amazing cast of performers.
Little House on the Prairie - I think the writing was better in the last few seasons; it became more socially progressive.

1970s

Cannon - classic William Conrad characterization
The Streets of San Francisco - the Michael Douglas years
Kojak - great all the way through
The Brothers - classic British soap
Here's Lucy - my favorite Lucille Ball sitcom
All in the Family - ground breaking. The British sitcom it's based on is just as good.
Maude - Bea Arthur and Bill Macy were fantastic together.
The Waltons - the Richard Thomas years
Three's Company - the Suzanne Sommers episodes
Lou Grant - ended too soon
The Rockford Files - "hello this is Jim Rockford, I'm not able to take your call right now, but just leave your name, number and brief message after the beep and I'll get back to you." 

1960s

Hazel - classic Shirley Booth characterization
The Virginian - including the retooled final season The Men from Shiloh
Naked City - great guest stars, method acting showcase
Route 66 - see above
Gilligan's Island - guilty pleasure
The Big Valley - love the whole cast
The Lucy Show - despite the changes in format, it was still a high quality sitcom

1950s

The Ann Sothern Show - sort of overlooked now, but I thought Sothern was great in this one
Leave It to Beaver - total classic
Gunsmoke - the half hour episodes with Dennis Weaver, especially the episodes written by Sam Peckinpah
The Danny Thomas Show - some excellent episodes
The Real McCoys - the Kathleen Nolan seasons
Peter Gunn - pure enjoyment

• Like 2
2 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I didn't have any of those above among my top tens, but I liked them all nonetheless, and watched the entire series of each.

I'm still working on watching Doctor Who. I've recently watched Spearhead from Space and Death to the Daleks, featuring Jon Pertwee as the Third Doctor, and The Ark in Space and The Sontaran Experiment with the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker). I have a dozen or more other individual-serial discs, as well as the boxsets of the newer seasons, which I'll watch when I get to those years (I'm watching things in chronological order).

It would be very difficult for me to make Top-Ten lists for each decade because there are decades which had very few programs which are to my taste and there are decades which had many programs which I like very much. It is also that some series overlap decades. 

The Dresden Files (2007–2008) seems to me to belong in the "I love it but no other person has heard of it" category. It makes me happy to learn that you liked it.

We subscribed for a while to: BritBox streaming channel which carried all original seasons of: Doctor Who. It was nice to watch them in proper order. We have all NewWho on discs. It was amazing when BBC significantly lowered the price for box-sets of all seasons of each Doctor. I wish they would offer similar inclusive discs for the classic Doctors. We now have so many discs of the series that my insignificant duhther will build a small cabinet for them when he can return to woodworking. 

1950s

1) I Love Lucy/ Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour

2) The Untouchables 

3) The Phil Silvers Show/ Sergeant Bilko

4) Maverick

5) 77 Sunset Strip

6) The Danny Thomas Show

7 )Leave It to Beaver

😎 The Tonight Show Starring Jack Paar

9) The Chevy Show Starring Dinah Shore

10) The Mickey Mouse Club

• Like 2
8 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I don't have ten for each decade. The past decade or so I moved away from American television to British television, since I think the acting and production values tend to be stronger. Plus the writing on British programs, especially the British soaps, tends to be driven by progressive socio-political agendas I endorse. 

2010s

Emmerdale - least formulaic soap, best stunts and exploration of social issues
Holby City - best medical soap I've watched since St. Elsewhere; every storyline is gripping
Vera - Brenda Blethyn plays a female version of Columbo in this role of a lifetime
Red Rock - a classic Irish soap with a lot of crime elements
EastEnders - has had its ups and downs but the highs outweigh the lows.

2000s

Lark Rise to Candleford - a classic period drama that reminds me a lot of Little House on the Prairie
Midsomer Murders - I still like the newer episodes, but the Nettles/Casey era from 2000-2003 is most enjoyable
Frasier - I attended two tapings of this series in its last season; lots of fun.
Brothers & Sisters - Sally Field is excellent; Marion Ross is just as good as her mother in special episodes.
Desperate Housewives - the Nicolette Sheridan seasons

1990s

Dear John - wonderful all the way through; standout cast led by Judd Hirsch
Cheers - I prefer the Kirstie Alley seasons
Roseanne - the middle years; it got a bit too crazy at the end and the first year or two it was rather dull
Hearts Afire - overlooked romantic sitcom with John Ritter and Markie Post; the first season with George Gaynes as their boss was the best.
Hawkeye - my favorite action series from this decade; Lynda Carter & Lee Horsley are perfect together
Guiding Light - the Paul Rauch era with head writers James Harmon Brown & Barbara Esenstein, which started in 1997. I loved all those storylines and characters.

1980s

Magnum P.I. and Simon & Simon - I love these two detective series equally, for different reasons.
Hunter - excellent all the way through, especially the middle years
Newhart - best sitcom from this decade
The Jeffersons - I enjoyed it more than All in the Family
Dynasty - the last season with Stephanie Beacham going toe to toe with Joan Collins was the best
Dallas - up through Pam's dream, then it became far-fetched.
Falcon Crest - the Abby Dalton seasons are my favorite, but I do like some of the later stuff where Ana-Alicia's character is driving the narrative.
St. Elsewhere - what a great show with an amazing cast of performers.
Little House on the Prairie - I think the writing was better in the last few seasons; it became more socially progressive.

1970s

Cannon - classic William Conrad characterization
The Streets of San Francisco - the Michael Douglas years
Kojak - great all the way through
The Brothers - classic British soap
Here's Lucy - my favorite Lucille Ball sitcom
All in the Family - ground breaking. The British sitcom it's based on is just as good.
Maude - Bea Arthur and Bill Macy were fantastic together.
The Waltons - the Richard Thomas years
Three's Company - the Suzanne Sommers episodes
Lou Grant - ended too soon
The Rockford Files - "hello this is Jim Rockford, I'm not able to take your call right now, but just leave your name, number and brief message after the beep and I'll get back to you." 

1960s

Hazel - classic Shirley Booth characterization
The Virginian - including the retooled final season The Men from Shiloh
Naked City - great guest stars, method acting showcase
Route 66 - see above
Gilligan's Island - guilty pleasure
The Big Valley - love the whole cast
The Lucy Show - despite the changes in format, it was still a high quality sitcom

1950s

*The Ann Sothern Show - sort of overlooked now, but I thought Sothern was great in this one
Leave It to Beaver - total classic
Gunsmoke - the half hour episodes with Dennis Weaver, especially the episodes written by Sam Peckinpah
The Danny Thomas Show - some excellent episodes
The Real McCoys - the Kathleen Nolan seasons
Peter Gunn - pure enjoyment

*  I haven't forgotten Susie McNamara.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

*  I haven't forgotten Susie McNamara.

Glad I'm not the only one! She was Susie McNamara on Private Secretary. But she was Katy O'Connor on The Ann Sothern Show. One episode has an inside joke where Katy is mistaken for someone named Ravier (as in Maisie Ravier, Sothern's popular movie character).

23 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Glad I'm not the only one! She was Susie McNamara on Private Secretary. But she was Katy O'Connor on The Ann Sothern Show. One episode has an inside joke where Katy is mistaken for someone named Ravier (as in Maisie Ravier, Sothern's popular movie character).

Her daughter Tisha was quite a beauty. Robert Sterling was the father. Do you know if Tisha and Ann made any movies together?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Princess of Tap said:

Her daughter Tisha was quite a beauty. Robert Sterling was the father. Do you know if Tisha and Ann made any movies together?

Yes, they did. They made a TV movie called A DEATH OF INNOCENCE (1971). Then a bit later, they appeared together in CRAZY MAMA (1975). And they were both in THE WHALES OF AUGUST (1987) though I don't think they shared scenes in that one.

• Thanks 1

Most of my 50s-70s nostalgia is based on my favorite Nick at Nite shows.  There is no specific ranking.

1950s- I don't think I've seen that many shows from this decade, not sure if I can make 10 choices.

1. I Love Lucy

2. The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour

3. The Twilight Zone

4. Leave it to Beaver

---

1960s

1. I Dream of Jeannie

2. The Andy Griffith Show

3. Bewitched

4. Green Acres

5. The Time Tunnel

6. Gidget

7. The Dick Van Dyke Show

8. Mr. Ed

9. The Lucy Show

10.  The Munsters

---

1970s

1. The Mary Tyler Moore Show

2. The Brady Bunch

3. Three's Company

4. The Odd Couple

5. Little House on the Prairie

6. Laverne and Shirley

7. Hawaii 5-0

8. Rhoda

9. Diff'rent Strokes

10. The Dean Martin Show (whatever the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts are on)

---

1980s

1. The Golden Girls

2. Cheers

3. The Wonder Years

4. Unsolved Mysteries

5. Dallas

6. Roseanne

7. The Facts of Life

8. Murder, She Wrote

9. Duck Tales

10. WWF Royal Rumble-Summer Slam-Survivor Series

---

1990s

1. Beverly Hills, 90210

2. Melrose Place

3. Saved by the Bell

4. The Simpsons

5. Seinfeld

6. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

7. Frasier

8. King of the Hill

9. Daria

10. The Drew Carey Show

---

2000s

1. Futurama

2. Malcolm in the Middle

3. Arrested Development

4. Gilmore Girls

5. Veronica Mars

6. Who's Line is it Anyway?

7. 30 Rock

8. Mad Men

9. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

10. Archer

I have so many more. I am just going by what I could think of off the top of my head.

• Like 4

I thought about adding Bewitched to my selections from the 60s but while I like it, I'm not sure if it's one of my favorite programs. I think some of the episodes are hit or miss, especially after Dick Sargent takes over. But quite a few episodes, especially with Dick York, are very clever.

As for westerns, I almost mentioned Wagon Train but the problem I have with that show is it's too stage bound. It's obvious that 80% of it is filmed indoors on a studio set and it lacks a lot of realism. When they film outdoors, it immediately becomes a much better show. Also I think some of the actresses (big name guest stars) look a little too glamorous and we all know that life on a dusty wagon train would be anything but glamorous! I do like some of the 90 minute color episodes from the penultimate season, but mainly because I think the writers were able to go more in-depth with the stories that year in a way that The Virginian did during its entire run.

1960's

*1) The Andy Williams Show

*2)  The Judy Garland Show

3) The Beverly Hillbillies

4) The Twilight Zone

5) Route 66

6) The Ed Sullivan Show

7) The Dick Van Dyke Show

Eight) Shindig/ The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour

9) The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

10) Hogan's Heroes

* My 2 favorite singers

• Like 2

Honorable mentions:

Northern Exposure was a fun, irreverent sort of show from the early 90s. No surprise it was from the creators of St. Elsewhere. But it sort of fell apart in the last season when Rob Morrow wanted more money and they wrote him out.

Barnaby Jones is a classic. Though I think it's a bit preposterous that a 70 year old man is running after crooks in the early seasons. Fortunately they brought in Mark Shera around the fourth season as Barnaby's nephew J.R. and he was given all those pursuit scenes.

Gimme a Break! is a noteworthy 80s entry. Though not as much of a hit as other African American comedies from that era, like The Cosby Show and A Different World, NBC seemed to like the program and kept renewing it. It ran for six seasons. The best episodes are the ones where Nell Carter sings. 

The video quality is not great, but her vocals give me chills when she does this version of the classic Neil Diamond song. What a talent she was!

These are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Some of the series crossed decades so I put them in the decade that I most associate them with. 

1950s
I LOVE LUCY/THE LUCY-DESI COMEDY HOUR
LEAVE IT TO BEAVER
FATHER KNOWS BEST

1960s
BEWITCHED
THAT GIRL
THE LUCY SHOW
THE TWILGHT ZONE
THE MUNSTERS
THE ADDAMS FAMILY

1970s
THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW
THE BRADY BUNCH
LAVERNE & SHIRLEY
RHODA
THREE’S COMPANY
PHYLLIS (underrated  show that was before its time)
ARE YOU BEING SERVED?
LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE

1980s
THE GOLDEN GIRLS
DEGRASSI JUNOR HIGH 
DEGRASSI HIGH

1990s
SAVED BY THE BELL
3RD ROCK FROM THE SUN
DARK SHADOWS (good show that lasted only 1  season)   
MELROSE PLACE
THE SIMPSONS
ROSEANNE
MAD TV
DARKWING DUCK
BEETLEJUICE
REN AND STIMPY
GOOSEBUMPS
BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES
PRIME SUSPECT
LOIS AND CLARK
YOUNG HERCULES 

2000s
SMALLVILLE
ROSWELL
THAT 70S SHOW
DEGRASSI: THE NEXT GENERATION
FAMILY GUY
MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE
SKINS
AGATHA CHRISTIE’S POIROT
FREAKS AND GEEKS (ended too soon)
JACK AND BOBBY (lasted only one season)

2010s
AMERICAN HORROR STORY
BATES MOTEL
GIRLS

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, HoldenIsHere said:

1980s
THE GOLDEN GIRLS
DEGRASSI JUNOR HIGH 
DEGRASSI HIGH

Ooh I forgot about Degrassi Jr High and Degrassi High. I’d add those to my 80s list. 

I also love Batman: The Animated Series. We could probably do entire lists just about cartoons. 

Did you get Disney+?

7 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

Ooh I forgot about Degrassi Jr High and Degrassi High. I’d add those to my 80s list. 

I also love Batman: The Animated Series. We could probably do entire lists just about cartoons. 

Did you get Disney+?

I haven't gotten Disney+ yet, but I probably will.

I hoping they'll add some of the things that used to air as part of Vault Disney on Disney Channel in the 1990s.

Do think it lives up to the hype?  

11 hours ago, HoldenIsHere said:

I haven't gotten Disney+ yet, but I probably will.

I hoping they'll add some of the things that used to air as part of Vault Disney on Disney Channel in the 1990s.

Do think it lives up to the hype?  

I do not recall what aired on Vault Disney in the 1990s. I never watched The Disney Channel.  Even though at the time, I was probably the right demographic, none of the programming appealed to me.  I was more into the nighttime soaps and Nick at Nite, lol.

I think Disney+ is pretty cool, especially for the low price.  The Imagineering documentary is fantastic.  I've also enjoyed the Silly Symphonies and other shorts on there.  I'll admit that I haven't been watching it non-stop, so I haven't found everything that's available.  I don't really care about the Marvel movies, but they're all there.  I heard that the Star Wars show (The Mandalorian) is really good, but I don't really care about Star Wars either, so I haven't watched it.  But the whole 1990s Disney Afternoon is there and the new Duck Tales show is there too.  

I am hoping that they'll add some more of their old animated shorts and perhaps some more of their live action films--but The Ugly Dachshund is on there, so there's that. Lol. 

4 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I am hoping that they'll add some more of their old animated shorts and perhaps some more of their live action films--but The Ugly Dachshund is on there, so there's that. Lol. 

We are considering subscribing. That they have: The Cat from Outer Space (1978) is a factor. I quite unreasonably love this movie.

The animated movies which most attract me are: The Black Cauldron (1985), The Sword in the Stone (1963) and Robin Hood (1973).

• Like 1

My favorites of each dedcade-

1950s

Alfred Hitchcock Presents

1960s

The Twilight Zone

1970s

World on a Wire

1980s

Dekalog

1990s 

Twin Peaks

2000s

-Can't think of anything

2010s

Twin Peaks: the Return

4 hours ago, SansFin said:

We are considering subscribing. That they have: The Cat from Outer Space (1978) is a factor. I quite unreasonably love this movie.

The animated movies which most attract me are: The Black Cauldron (1985), The Sword in the Stone (1963) and Robin Hood (1973).

I've been wanting to see The Black Cauldron forever! I think it's the only Disney movie between Snow White and The Hunchback of Notre Dame that I haven't seen. I was also excited to see The Great Mouse Detective on there.  I loved that movie when I was little.

• Like 1
On 11/25/2019 at 11:43 AM, speedracer5 said:

I do not recall what aired on Vault Disney in the 1990s. I never watched The Disney Channel.  Even though at the time, I was probably the right demographic, none of the programming appealed to me.  I was more into the nighttime soaps and Nick at Nite, lol.

I think Disney+ is pretty cool, especially for the low price.  The Imagineering documentary is fantastic.  I've also enjoyed the Silly Symphonies and other shorts on there.  I'll admit that I haven't been watching it non-stop, so I haven't found everything that's available.  I don't really care about the Marvel movies, but they're all there.  I heard that the Star Wars show (The Mandalorian) is really good, but I don't really care about Star Wars either, so I haven't watched it.  But the whole 1990s Disney Afternoon is there and the new Duck Tales show is there too.  

During its Vault Disney block of programming Disney Channel showed old TV shows as well as classic movies and animated shorts. One of my favorites was the Hardy Boys serial that originally aired on the original MICKEY MOUSE CLUB from the 1950s. I remember watching it on the Disney Channel late night (around 11:30 I think) on the weekends.

I do have some interest in THE MANDALORIAN so I'll probably eventually sign-up for Disney+. It looks like a lot of the movies that used to air on Disney Channel's Vaullt Disney are now streaming on Disney+. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, HoldenIsHere said:

During its Vault Disney block of programming Disney Channel showed old TV shows as well as classic movies and animated shorts. One of my favorites was the Hardy Boys serial that originally aired on the original MICKEY MOUSE CLUB from the 1950s. I remember watching it on the Disney Channel late night (around 11:30 I think) on the weekends.

I do have some interest in THE MANDALORIAN so I'll probably eventually sign-up for Disney+. It looks like a lot of the movies that used to air on Disney Channel's Vaullt Disney are now streaming on Disney+. 

I think the original 1950s Mickey Mouse Club is on there. But I haven't watched it to confirm.

• Thanks 1