Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite TV Shows by Decade


Recommended Posts

On 11/27/2019 at 1:58 PM, speedracer5 said:

I think the original 1950s Mickey Mouse Club is on there. But I haven't watched it to confirm.

Thanks!

I found one source that says there are five episodes (the first five) of the original MICKEY MOUSE CLUB on Disney+. Another source says there are ten episodes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No particular order and probably forgot some, some seen in re-runs during the 1950's and some ran into the following decade. I grew up in NY watched Million Dollar Movie, Creature Features, Chiller Theater, the Early Show and the Late Show

1950s

American Bandstand (my older sister and I watched after school, she taught me how to Lindy while watching the show.)

Father Knows Best

Ozzie and Harriet

Leave it to Beaver

Alfred Hitchcock

I Love Lucy

Walt Disney

The Millionaire

The Phil Silvers Show

Sea Hunt

The Thin Man

Naked City

Rawhide

Have Gun Will Travel

My Little Margie

Bachelor Father

Ann Sothern

Mickey Mouse Club (loved Spin and Marty and Annette)

Walt Disney Presents and Wonderful World of Color ( into some of the 1960's)

 

1960s

Route 66

Burke's Law

Adventures In Paradise

Car 54 Where Are You?

Twilight Zone

Run For Your Life

Dick Van Dyke

The Rifleman

The Nurses

Mannix

Family Affair

The Smothers Brothers

That Girl

Untouchables

It Takes A Thief

The Rogues

Mission Impossible

The Man From Uncle

Ben Casey

Dr. Kildare

The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson

Stump The Stars ( still remember the theme song)

That Was The Week That Was ( still remember the theme song)

 

1970s

Mary Tyler Moore

Marcus Welby MD

Saturday Night Live

Family

Dallas

Eight Is Enough

The White Shadow

60 Minutes

All in the Family

The Streets of San Francisco

The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson

Saturday Night Live

 

1980s

Cagney and Lacey

St. Elsewhere (one of the finest shows ever on tv)

Who's The Boss

The Wonder Years

Dynasty

Square Pegs

The Garry Shandling Show

The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson ( until he left in 1992)

 

1990s

Knots Landing (watched all 14 years of this one)

LA Law

Seinfeld

Murphy Brown

The Larry Sanders Show

Ally McBeal

Frasier

The Nanny

Spin City

My So Called Life

Cybil

2000s

The Sopranos

Mad Men

Sex and The City

House

Arrested Development

Monk

Weeds

 

2010s

Nurse Jackie

Sherlock Homes (PBS)

Ray Donovan

The Good Place

Finding Your Roots

Forgot to add Arli$$ from 1996 to 2002, loved this HBO show and always watched .AND OF COURSE TCM FROM THE START TO THE PRESENT

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see Cagney & Lacey mentioned. I should have had it on my list. 

Also I did enjoy Murphy Brown for most of its run. Though I hated the fact they killed off Phil (Pat Corley) the bar owner in the middle of the 8th season. Fortunately he reappeared in the last episode where it was cleverly explained that his death had been a ruse and he had been placed in the witness protection program.

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 1.57.19 PM.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I don't know how I forgot that one. I even have the complete series on DVD. It should have been in my favorites of the 1990's, as well. 

I had to retype the whole list due to a crazy computer malfunction and left off The Sopranos, Just added it. It's one of my all time favorite tv shows. Loved Larry Sanders Show and just realized I left off The Garry Shandling Show in the 1980's, so you're not the only one Lawrence :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

oh, this is hard...some of the older ones I've only watched in the last few years, thanks to the internet, so this is a combo of what I think now and sometimes vague memories

1950's

Alfred Hitchcock Presents

I Love Lucy

The Honeymooners

Perry Mason

The Gale Storm Show (Oh Susanna)

The Bob Cummings Show

The Twilight Zone (more 60s than 50s..)

Suspense

Lights Out

What's My Line?

The Millionaire

The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis (more 60s than 50s I guess...)

American Bandstand

Leave it to Beaver

 

60's:

The Dick Van Dyke Show

Rocky and His Friends/The Bullwinkle Show (I loved this...still do)

Car 54, Where Are You?

The Dick Cavett Show

The Alfred Hitchcock Hour

The Odd Couple

Love American Style

Password

Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in

The Andy Griffith Show

That Girl

The Carol Burnett Show (into the 70s)

 

70's

The Mary Tyler Moore Show

The Bob Newhart Show

Columbo

Dallas

Saturday Night Live

Barney Miller

SCTV

Taxi

Rhoda

All in the Family

WKRP

Laverne and Shirley

Three's Company

Soap

 

80's

Moonlighting 

Seinfeld

Murphy Brown

Cheers

Designing Women

L.A. Law

St. Elsewhere

Jeopardy!

Late Night with David Letterman

Magnum, PI

Murder, She Wrote

It's Gary Shandling's Show

90's

Frasier

Friends

Spin City

Twin Peaks

Midsomer Murders

The Drew Carey Show

Absolutely Fabulous

Everybody Loves Raymond

Northern Exposure

NewsRadio

2000's

Monk

Psych

Mad Men

The Office

30 Rock

White Collar

Corner Gas

Parks and Recreation

My Name is Earl

The Good Wife

The Middle

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (season 3 coming up this week...)

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Nice to see NewsRadio mentioned. Probably would have run longer if Phil Hartman hadn't been killed. They did soldier on for another season (with Jon Lovitz) but it wasn't the same.

Agree...I still watch it occasionally.  I didn't read the other lists before I came up with mine, but now that I have, I noticed we were the only ones to mention Northern Exposure.  I'm really surprised that no one else mentioned Moonlighting--the first two seasons were very clever (another I re-watch sometimes).  Maybe I should've included the 70s Ellery Queen as well...wish it would've run for more seasons.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shutoo said:

Agree...I still watch it occasionally.  I didn't read the other lists before I came up with mine, but now that I have, I noticed we were the only ones to mention Northern Exposure.  I'm really surprised that no one else mentioned Moonlighting--the first two seasons were very clever (another I re-watch sometimes).  Maybe I should've included the 70s Ellery Queen as well...wish it would've run for more seasons.

Yes, I liked the Jim Hutton version of Ellery Queen. David Wayne playing his father was a nice touch. 

I did enjoy the beginning seasons of Moonlighting, but there was a nosedive in quality around the time Cybill got pregnant and reduced her workload. Then Bruce became more interested in being a movie star, so a lot of the later episodes started to revolve around the supporting characters.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 3:01 PM, shutoo said:

Agree...I still watch it occasionally.  I didn't read the other lists before I came up with mine, but now that I have, I noticed we were the only ones to mention Northern Exposure.  I'm really surprised that no one else mentioned Moonlighting--the first two seasons were very clever (another I re-watch sometimes).  Maybe I should've included the 70s Ellery Queen as well...wish it would've run for more seasons.

Shutoo, thanks for reminding me, I had to retype the original list and forget both Northern Exposure and Moonlighting. Especially with Moonlighting, never missed an episode. Just added a lot to the list

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 1:24 AM, HoldenIsHere said:

I found one source that says there are five episodes (the first five) of the original MICKEY MOUSE CLUB on Disney+. Another source says there are ten episodes. 

Since they're only uploading what's already been released on video, they're airing THE first five episodes--And, interestingly enough, the original hour-long 50's episodes, not the syndicated best-of half hours some of us grew upon watching in the 70's.  (I still remember the park commercials for "Coming soon...Space Mountain.")

There were two DT disk collections with one week each before they gave up, but think only the first one made it to D+.

On 11/25/2019 at 12:43 PM, speedracer5 said:

I do not recall what aired on Vault Disney in the 1990s. I never watched The Disney Channel.  Even though at the time, I was probably the right demographic, none of the programming appealed to me.  I was more into the nighttime soaps and Nick at Nite, lol.

Vault aired one of the 60's-70's movies ("Charley & the Angel" isn't on D+ yet?), followed a "best-of" handful of the Disneyland/World of Color episodes--Back when "prime time" Disney Channel meant 8-9pm, before they were banished to 2am by the need to air more "Sister, Sister".  And that's just as someone who only remembers "Free weekends", before the channel was forced to go commercial.

On 12/1/2019 at 4:04 PM, TopBilled said:

I did enjoy the beginning seasons of Moonlighting, but there was a nosedive in quality around the time Cybill got pregnant and reduced her workload. Then Bruce became more interested in being a movie star, so a lot of the later episodes started to revolve around the supporting characters.

Followed by one of the defining shark-jumps in TV history, when the "Will they?" romance became "Yes", relationship regret set in, they dramatically broke up, and spent the last season trying to win each other back, while comedy-reliefs Curtis Armstrong and Allyce Beasley occasionally solved the mysteries, when the show remembered to.

That's probably what left a bad taste in 80's viewers mouths thirty years later, although it was cathartic when the finale did a fourth-wall where ABC shut down the show and started striking sets mid-episode, and Curtis tells Bruce, "You spent so much time on your stupid relationship, you drove the viewers away!"

But, to play along:

50's:

  • This is Your Life (forget the endless variety-show parodies, dang, this show is addictive)
  • Maverick
  • Have Gun, Will Travel (the "intellectual Western" even before Gene Roddenberry wrote for it, and Richard Boone was the Original Badass before Eastwood was)
  • Jack Benny Show
  • Our Miss Brooks
  • Amos & Andy

60's - way too many to name:

  • Star Trek:TOS
  • The Dick Van Dyke Show
  • Mission: Impossible (forget Tom Cruise, forget all you think you know...)
  • Twilight Zone
  • The Addams Family
  • The Monkees (the real Hippie invasion, that Laugh-In only thought it was)
  • The Odd Couple
  • Lost in Space (either you go with Irwin Allen's goofy 10-yo. naivety or you don't, but Dick Tufeld as Robot owned this series, and Will was a role model for all us smart-kids at that age)

70's 

  • The Mary Tyler Moore Show
  • The Bob Newhart Show
  • The Carol Burnett Show (notice a pattern?)
  • Columbo
  • Ellery Queen (thanks for the memory-jog)
  • Fantasy Island (incredibly corny, yes, but I SO wanted to grow up to be Mr. Roarke 😎 )

80's

  • Cheers (I rub this show, with sandpaper, in the face of OK-Millennials who want to demonize all 80's sitcoms, and 20th-century TV in general, as soppy laughtracked Full House reruns--Like Mary & Bob, live-audience sitcoms were the theater of their day.)
  • Star Trek: TNG (there was a progressive feel of "building" the 90's from scratch with this series, starting from rough fan beginnings)
  • Our World (don't remember this one?  You were probably watching Bill Cosby on Thursday 8pm, where ABC had placed this show to die)
  • Beauty & the Beast (a gorgeous-looking fantasy-geek series, until the show decided to jump Moonlighting's shark when Linda Hamilton went off to shoot robots)
  • Not Necessarily the News (HBO Original Series in the 80's meant something different, as "Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock" fans knew, and NNtN WAS the gleefully silly Dennis Miller and Jon Stewart of its day)
  • It's Gary Shandling's Show (another example of why 10's cable will never be 80's cable)
  • Shelley Duvall's Faerie Tale Theatre (ditto, x10)

90's

  • Twin Peaks (the first "art-film" season, not the psychotic second-season self-indulgence)
  • NewsRadio (I would have put SNL on the 80's list for the Phil Hartman years, but this is a good substitute...And remember when we thought Dave Foley was funny and NOT a mean a-hole?)
  • Third Rock From the Sun (saw "30 Rock" on somebody's list and thought they remembered this one)
On 11/25/2019 at 12:45 AM, speedracer5 said:

I also love Batman: The Animated Series. We could probably do entire lists just about cartoons. 
Did you get Disney+?

Okay:

60's

  • The Flintstones (would have put this on the Best Shows list for its writing, but we've got our own list now)
  • Jonny Quest
  • Rocky & Bullwinkle

80's

  • Danger Mouse: Classic (or "Rocky & Bullwinkle meet Douglas Adams and go Britcom"  The followup, Count Duckula, is only mentioned here as spinoff.)
  • Thundercats (an incredibly silly attempt for Rankin-Bass to break out of Christmas specials and into He-Man's territory, but the new Japanese outsourcing gave the show more gravitas and velocity)
  • ALFTales (the head-writer later took his fractured-fairytales to the first Shrek movie, and I can pick out gags in the movie that have his fingerprints all over them)
  • Wind in the Willows (there was one reason you wanted Disney Channel in the 80's, and it wasn't Mickey)

90's

  • X-Men:TAS (the show that was designed to TEACH new converts about the then still-unknown mysteries of Marvel Comics 101, long before the MCU.  It's on Disney+, go and watch it.  Right now.  Stop typing.)
  • The Tick (no, not the Patrick Warburton sitcom, and not the Amazon thing.  The original Fox-toon version of the cult-comic, with hip deadpan and jokes only comic-geeks would get...The last bastion of Coolness on Sat. morning.)
  • Aladdin: TAS (I know I'm supposed to put DuckTales or Chip & Dale as symbols of the Disney Afternoon, but I always found them too smugsy and rib-nudging--Their big movie-cash-in, though, brought the adventure plots, and Dan "Homer" Castallaneta's unsettlingly dead-on Robin Williams imitation)

You'll notice I don't list anything in either category from 00's or 10's.  If so, you catch on quick.  😀

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Animation by descending inception date:

Gravity Falls (2012–2016)

Qumi-Qumi (2012–2013)

Pa.nty & Stocking with Garterbelt (2010)

Masha and the Bear (2007–2016)

Phineas and Ferb (2007–2015)

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (2004–2009)

Drawn Together (2004–2007)

Tripping the Rift (2004–2007)

Dave the Barbarian (2004–2005)

Creature Comforts (2003–2006)

Gunslinger Girl (2003–2006)

Kim Possible (2002–2007)

Futurama (1999–2013)

Pinky and the Brain (1995–1998)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 3:33 PM, lavenderblue19 said:

I grew up in NY watched Million Dollar Movie, Creature Features, Chiller Theater, the Early Show and the Late Show

I agree with so much of what Lavender posted, particularly related to the 1950s. Loved Shock Theater, the original horror movie series, with Zacherle.

I preferred Steve Allen and Jack Paar to Johnny Carson. And I may be the only native New Yorker who didn't like Seinfeld. I always enjoyed Merv Griffin, because he let his guests talk to each other. I also liked these early political-type talk shows, although they could be infuriating: Alan Burke, Joe Pyne, Les Crane. 

As a tiny tot, I vaguely remember enjoying:

The Goldbergs

Meet Millie

My Friend Irma

Joe Franklin

December Bride

I Married Joan

The Life of Riley

Love that Bob

and of course Burns and Allen and Groucho.

Later shows I liked include Hey Landlord and Parker Lewis Can't Lose. And the Canadian horror series Strange Paradise.

And I totally loved That Was the Week That Was, The Garry Moore Show,  Dinah Shore, Kate Smith, and Jimmy Durante.

And of course Pinhead and Foodini! (And Ding Dong School with Miss Frances, Howdy Doody, Terrytoon Circus with Claude Kirchner, Officer Joe, and Modern Farmer.)

That's it for now.

"Good night Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!"

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Swithin said:

I agree with so much of what Lavender posted, particularly related to the 1950s. Loved Shock Theater, the original horror movie series, with Zacherle.

I preferred Steve Allen and Jack Paar to Johnny Carson. And I may be the only native New Yorker who didn't like Seinfeld. I always enjoyed Merv Griffin, because he let his guests talk to each other. I also liked these early political-type talk shows, although they could be infuriating: Alan Burke, Joe Pyne, Les Crane. 

As a tiny tot, I vaguely remember enjoying:

The Goldbergs

Meet Millie

My Friend Irma

Joe Franklin

December Bride

I Married Joan

The Life of Riley

Love that Bob

and of course Burns and Allen and Groucho.

Later shows I liked include Hey Landlord and Parker Lewis Can't Lose. And the Canadian horror series Strange Paradise.

And I totally loved That Was the Week That Was, The Garry Moore Show,  Dinah Shore, Kate Smith, and Jimmy Durante.

And of course Pinhead and Foodini! (And Ding Dong School with Miss Frances, Howdy Doody, Terrytoon Circus with Claude Kirchner, Officer Joe, and Modern Farmer.)

That's it for now.

"Good night Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!"

 

Thanks Swithin glad you agree with the choices.  Glad you also watched and remembered That Was The Week That Was,. i really still remember the theme song! Many of the shows you mentioned I also watched, thanks for reminding me.  yes vague memopries of Mrs. Goldberg, George and Gracie, Groucho. Bob Cummings,, Riley, Joe Franklin,  Garry Moore, Dinah Shore and Zacherle, still remember what he looked like LOL. I also watched Merv and David Frost ( depending on the guest) Do you remember Stump The Stars, another theme song I remember.

ps- can't get over how most on the bds., didn't care for Seinfeld, so I guess you're not alone in that but I loved the show, still think it was hilarious. Oh wait, Howdy Doody and Andy Divine's show too!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Thanks Swithin glad you agree with the choices.  Glad you also watched and remembered That Was The Week That Was,. i really still remember the theme song! Many of the shows you mentioned I also watched, thanks for reminding me.  yes vague memopries of Mrs. Goldberg, George and Gracie, Groucho. Bob Cummings,, Riley, Joe Franklin,  Garry Moore, Dinah Shore and Zacherle, still remember what he looked like LOL. I also watched Merv and David Frost ( depending on the guest) Do you remember Stump The Stars, another theme song I remember.

ps- can't get over how most on the bds., didn't care for Seinfeld, so I guess you're not alone in that but I loved the show, still think it was hilarious. Oh wait, Howdy Doody and Andy Divine's show too!

I enjoyed Seinfeld once in a while, but on the whole wasn't a fan. But all of my native NY friends loved it! As NY shows go, I loved The Nanny!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 11:13 AM, EricJ said:

Okay:

60's

  • The Flintstones (would have put this on the Best Shows list for its writing, but we've got our own list now)
  • Jonny Quest
  • Rocky & Bullwinkle

80's

  • Danger Mouse: Classic (or "Rocky & Bullwinkle meet Douglas Adams and go Britcom"  The followup, Count Duckula, is only mentioned here as spinoff.)
  • Thundercats (an incredibly silly attempt for Rankin-Bass to break out of Christmas specials and into He-Man's territory, but the new Japanese outsourcing gave the show more gravitas and velocity)
  • ALFTales (the head-writer later took his fractured-fairytales to the first Shrek movie, and I can pick out gags in the movie that have his fingerprints all over them)
  • Wind in the Willows (there was one reason you wanted Disney Channel in the 80's, and it wasn't Mickey)

90's

  • X-Men:TAS (the show that was designed to TEACH new converts about the then still-unknown mysteries of Marvel Comics 101, long before the MCU.  It's on Disney+, go and watch it.  Right now.  Stop typing.)
  • The Tick (no, not the Patrick Warburton sitcom, and not the Amazon thing.  The original Fox-toon version of the cult-comic, with hip deadpan and jokes only comic-geeks would get...The last bastion of Coolness on Sat. morning.)
  • Aladdin: TAS (I know I'm supposed to put DuckTales or Chip & Dale as symbols of the Disney Afternoon, but I always found them too smugsy and rib-nudging--Their big movie-cash-in, though, brought the adventure plots, and Dan "Homer" Castallaneta's unsettlingly dead-on Robin Williams imitation)

Animation.  I'm going with what are my favorites, not necessarily what I think were the best...

30s-50s

I don't know if these count, since we're talking about television... But the Looney Tunes and the Disney Silly Symphonies, I love.

60s

The Flintstones

The Jetsons

Jonny Quest

Scooby Doo, Where Are You? (pre-Scrappy.  I dislike Scrappy as much as I dislike Annie and Mickey Rooney).

70s

The Scooby Doo Movies that featured different celebrities.  I loved the Harlem Globetrotter and Vincent Price episodes.

80s - Mind you I was 5 in 1989.  These are the 80s ones that I remember watching and enjoying the most:

Heathcliff

Smurfs

Alvin & The Chipmunks

He-Man Masters of the Universe

Inspector Gadget

Mr. T

Muppet Babies

My Little Pony

Rainbow Brite

Snorks

Transformers

Care Bears

Adventures of the Gummi Bears

Jem

Thundercats

The Real Ghostbusters

ALF

DuckTales

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Garfield & Friends

The Simpsons

Super Mario Brothers Super Show

Chip N' Dale Rescue Rangers

The Jetsons

90s

Captain Planet and the Planeteers

Tiny Toon Adventures

TaleSpin

Darkwing Duck

Doug

Batman: The Animated Series

Goof Troop

X-Men: The Animated Series

Animaniacs

Rocko's Modern Life

Gargoyles

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

Where On Earth is Carmen Sandiego?

Pinky and the Brain

Dexter's Laboratory

Daria

Johnny Bravo

King of the Hill

Batman Beyond

Futurama

Family Guy

Spongebob Square Pants

00s

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

The Oblongs

Samurai Jack

Sealab 2021

Duck Dodgers

The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends

Perfect Hair Forever

The Venture Bros.

American Dad!

The Boondocks

Moral O r e l

Robot Chicken

Archer

10s

Adventure Time

The Looney Tunes Show

Ducktales

---

I didn't realize how many cartoons I watch until I listed them all here.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ranked on decade of the first season.

1950s

  1. Alfred Hitchcock Presents
  2. Zorro
  3. I Love Lucy
  4. Ivanhoe
  5. Bonanza

1960s

  1. The Avengers
  2. Monty Python's Flying Circus
  3. Kapitein Zeppos
  4. Sesame Street
  5. Popeye the Sailor
  6. The Saint
  7. Pippi Longstocking
  8. The Addams Family
  9. Wij, Heren van Zichem
  10. Tommy Cooper

1970s

  1. Fawlty Towers
  2. Secret Army
  3. Derrick
  4. Columbo
  5. Lou Grant
  6. Little House on the Prairie
  7. A Family at War
  8. Tales of the Unexpected
  9. Dallas
  10. Diff'rent Strokes
  11. Not the Nine O'Clock News
  12. Taxi
  13. Escrava Isaura
  14. The Muppet Show
  15. All Creatures Great and Small
  16. Charlie's Angels
  17. The Love Boat
  18. The Persuaders!
  19. The Good Life
  20. George and Mildred

1980s

  1. Blackadder
  2. Yes, Minister/Yes, Prime Minister
  3. Cheers
  4. The Cosby Show
  5. Poirot
  6. The Simpsons
  7. Married with Children
  8. The New Statesman
  9. De Collega's 
  10. Zeg 'ns Aaa
  11. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  12. Murder, She Wrote
  13. You Rang, M'Lord?
  14. Only Fools and Horses...
  15. 'Allo 'Allo
  16. Bergerac
  17. Matlock
  18. Ein Fall für zwei
  19. Magnum, P.I.
  20. North and South

1990s

  1. House of Cards
  2. Diagnosis Murder
  3. Mr. Bean
  4. Ally McBeal
  5. Smack the Pony
  6. Jonathan Creek
  7. Beverly Hills, 90210
  8. Melrose Place
  9. Shakespeare: The Animated Tales
  10. Bottom

2000s

  1. The Good Wife
  2. The Forsyte Saga
  3. Not Going Out
  4. Kingdom
  5. Gossip Girl
  6. Coupling
  7. God, the Devil and Bob
  8. The Sketch Show
  9. My Family
  10. Gata Salvaje

2010s

  1. Borgen
  2. Homeland
  3. Follow the Money
  4. Blue Bloods
  5. Pretty Little Liars
  6. Rookie Blue
  7. Killing Eve
  8. Big Little Lies
  9. Call the Midwife
  10. Suits

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 7:05 AM, CoraSmith said:

Ranked on decade of the first season.

1950s

  1. Alfred Hitchcock Presents
  2. Zorro
  3. I Love Lucy
  4. Ivanhoe
  5. Doctor Who

 

Doctor Who is indeed one of the great television shows.  It would, however, be quite a trick for a show that debuted the weekend of the Kennedy assassination to be one of the great shows of the previous decade.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have much, but I'll give what I have. And aside from a handful of episodes (which I loved), I haven't seen much of I Love Lucy. Need to rectify that.... And St. Elsewhere, I want to see more of, early episodes were stunning.

1960s

The Carol Burnett Show

1970s

The Mary Tyler Moore Show

The Muppet Show

Columbo

Ellery Queen Mysteries

Lou Grant

The Waltons

The Rockford Files

Dallas

Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman

1980s

Murder She Wrote

The Golden Girls

Poirot

Remington Steele

Murphy Brown

Scarecrow and Mrs King

Falcon Crest

Road to Avonlea

The Wonder Years

Designing Women

Spencer: For Hire

Matlock

1990s

Frasier

2010s

Feud

Downton Abbey

Call the midwife

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 12:09 PM, CinemaInternational said:

Scarecrow and Mrs King

Thanks for mentioning this series.

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 12.47.47 PM.jpeg

Bruce Boxleitner and Kate Jackson were great together. Terrific chemistry.

Though I think Kate Jackson's domestic scenes with Beverly Garland as her mother were sometimes even a little better.

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 12.49.20 PM.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...