Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Songs That Defined the Decade:

Songs That Defined the Decade:

Hamilton Cast's 'My Shot'

"Billboard is celebrating the 2010s with essays on the 100 songs that we feel most define the decade that was -- the songs that both shaped and reflected the music and culture of the period -- with help telling their stories from some of the artists, behind-the-scenes collaborators and industry insiders involved. 

"My Shot" is the "I want" song in Hamilton. That's the song in seemingly every successful musical --"Something's Coming" in West Side Story, "Corner of the Sky" in Pippin -- in which the lead character tells what he or she wants out of life.....

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/broadway/8543905/hamilton-my-shot-songs-that-defined-the-decade

100 Songs That Defined the Decade:

.......When you get to the end of a decade in the music industry, it’s always tempting to wonder what that period will primarily be remembered as generations down the road. Will the 2010s be remembered as the streaming era? The EDM era? The global pop era? The era of hip-hop dominance? The era of the surprise album? The Drake era? 

The answer, of course, is yes. The 2010s were all these things -

....To properly tell the stories of these 100 songs, we enlisted help from the creators and experts who know them best. We interviewed hundreds of artists, writers, producers, label execs, critical authorities and industry gatekeepers to get their enduring memories about these songs and their legacies.

Below, find our reported essays on each of these songs, and read about why they were essential to the fabric of the 2010s -- a decade that collapsed genre, expanded borders, and brought music to the masses in ways we’d never previously imagined....

https://www.billboard.com/100-songs-that-defined-the-2010s

:huh:

I generally don't like a lot of modern music but my favorite of the decade is probably "the Whistleblowers." 

Very catchy and with an anti-authoritarian message. I also liked the new Rammstein album.