Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dyland

Trying to find a Film from it's Soundtrack

After watching this Batman action figure fanfilm, I could swear that I recognized the underscore music from somewhere, but can't put my finger on it. Likely an old noir or mystery film... perhaps from 1939?

Unrelated: The song during the dancing sequence is Jack Teagarden's "Stop Kicking My Heart Around" feat. Kitty Kallen (also from 1939) although, that hasn't helped me pin down the film.

I really love the musical underscore, and would love to find the original film it accompanied.

Anyone have any ideas?

Unidentified Noir Underscore.mp3

Thanks for responding! :)

The attached audio snippet (just shy of 1 minute 25 seconds long) features the part(s) - both clearly from the same source. Throughout the fanfilm, this specific bit of music (likely originally a credits underscore) is used as a sort of repeated motif...

Often times an old police siren or some voices/sound effects slip in, but it's too little to go off of otherwise. The music is the ticket here.

Offhand I say the audio clip sounds like typical movie serial music. In fact it reminds me of the theme from the second Batman serial, "Batman and Robin" from 1949. But when I check it does not sound identical. Maybe someone more musical than I could check.