Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SciFi or Horror?

It's time TCM adopted a new genre, SciFi, in its program listings. Currently science fiction movies such as 2001: A Space Odyssey are classed as Horror in the listings. That does such films an injustice. Granted, some films, such as the 1951 classic, The Thing from Another Planet (originally just The Thing) is pretty scary but is basically SciFi.

8 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

when was the last time we read a story of an astronaut fighting off a monsterous, murderous alien?).

It! The Terror from Beyond Space (1958). I've always felt that Alien was essentially an updating of this film (with better effects, better cast, better score, etc.)

• Like 3

Wow! Now here's somethin' I just noticed!

The movie The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms is listed as a "travelogue"!

And with the synopsis reading:

"How to get from New York City's Upper East Side to Coney Island in the most direct manner."!!!

tumblr_n3qtewdvf11qaqx8xo1_500.gif

(...who knew, huh?!)

• Haha 4
32 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

:D  The old TV magazine crew at The Detroit Free Press had a sense of humor too.  I recall a listing for the movie ATTACK OF THE MUSHROOM PEOPLE('63) with the synopsis:

"Story with a morel."  ;) 

Sepiatone

Morel, not all mushrooms are morel?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/morel-mushroom-hunting-season-attracts-thousands-to-wisconsin-woods/vp-AAC2dBQ

:blink:

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

:D  The old TV magazine crew at The Detroit Free Press had a sense of humor too.  I recall a listing for the movie ATTACK OF THE MUSHROOM PEOPLE('63) with the synopsis:

"Story with a morel."  ;) 

Sepiatone

Yeah, or "A story so full of shiitake that you won't believe it".

• Haha 2
On 11/27/2019 at 2:42 PM, scsu1975 said:

It! The Terror from Beyond Space (1958). I've always felt that Alien was essentially an updating of this film (with better effects, better cast, better score, etc.)

I still prefer it to alien because it has a retro radio equipment look and an old school monster.

ridley scott spent a fortune to copy an American B movie premise with too much strobe flashing and an indistinct monster.

:lol:

21 hours ago, Dargo said:

Wow! Now here's somethin' I just noticed!

The movie The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms is listed as a "travelogue"!

And with the synopsis reading:

"How to get from New York City's Upper East Side to Coney Island in the most direct manner."!!!

tumblr_n3qtewdvf11qaqx8xo1_500.gif

(...who knew, huh?!)

can you post him gulping down the cop?

:D