Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lilyrose30

February Schedule?

Usually the links to the separate weeks are posted in here early. Looks like it wasn't this month.

Maybe it's because the Oscars are so early this year (Feb 9th) and they don't know whether to have all of February be Oscar month as usual.

TCM played a promo this morning for 31 Days of Oscar from Feb. 1 - Mar. 2 (2020 is a leap year), so they are going ahead with it.

Now all we need is a schedule...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cmovieviewer said:

TCM played a promo this morning for 31 Days of Oscar from Feb. 1 - Mar. 2 (2020 is a leap year), so they are going ahead with it.

Now all we need is a schedule...

Really,I need to see it

Happy to hear they have at least run a promo, so we have indication that TCM still plans to be in existence in February. I didn't get to watch any TCM over the holidays or look at these boards much. It appears after my five-day absence still no schedule has been posted. Could someone who's seen the promo give an indication of what movies are being featured on it?

• Haha 1

I recorded the Noir Alley intro this morning and only caught the last 7 seconds of the promo prior to the start:

uYrP2Yn.jpg

I believe that is Terms of Endearment under the text.

So now we know one movie that is being shown in February.  😊

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The big movies I saw in the promo (just some of them)

1. All That Jazz ('79)

2. Terms of Endearment ('83)

3. The Silence of the Lambs ('91)

4. The Pink Panther ('63)

5. My Fair Lady ('64)

6. The Dirty Dozen ('67)

7. Field of Dreams ('89)

8. Gone With The Wind ('39)

9. North By Northwest ('59)

10. 8 1/2 ('63)

And More........... (TCM JUST SHOW THE SCHEDULE ALREADY 😁)

They need to think out of the box for Oscar month. They should show King of the Zombies, which was (deservedly) nominated for Best Score in 1941. And the actors include a woman (Madame Sul-Te-Wan) who was the first African-American to receive a contract from a major studio; and a man (Leigh Whipper) who was the first African-American to join Actors' Equity.

88787-10389.jpg

It's time to show the Fredric March version of DEATH OF A SALESMAN ?

Yeh ! I know Arthur Miller wasn't happy with Fredric March's version of William Loman. I was and so was the Academy.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cody1949 said:

It's time to show the Fredric March version of DEATH OF A SALESMAN ?

Yeh ! I know Arthur Miller wasn't happy with Fredric March's version of William Loman. I was and so was the Academy.

How did William Loman get in there?   I typed in Willy.

22 hours ago, Swithin said:

They need to think out of the box for Oscar month. They should show King of the Zombies, which was (deservedly) nominated for Best Score in 1941. And the actors include a woman (Madame Sul-Te-Wan) who was the first African-American to receive a contract from a major studio; and a man (Leigh Whipper) who was the first African-American to join Actors' Equity.

88787-10389.jpg

I saw it last month I was thinking of giving it a review,but Mantan Moreland is terrible as usual, terrible movie no horror at all...

1 hour ago, nakano said:

I saw it last month I was thinking of giving it a review,but Mantan Moreland is terrible as usual, terrible movie no horror at all...

It's a classic! Moreland is brilliant, as is everything about the movie. You obviously have no respect for zombies. You probably like that awful film, The Night of the Living Dead, and other prostitutions of the genre.

😀

51 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

Looks like All That Jazz is a premiere! WOW! Also Silence of the Lambs pops up for the first time in 9 years.

I think that TCM must have struck a deal with Criterion. I see quite a few of the films in their catalog showing up.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 4:30 PM, Gershwin fan said:

February is always the most dreaded month. It will be 90% stuff you've already seen.

I already saw a commercial for 31 days of Oscar last night! :( Stocking up on my reading material.......

4 hours ago, Hibi said:

I already saw a commercial for 31 days of Oscar last night! :( Stocking up on my reading material.......

Lol.

I have 500 movies on my DVR. So I'm set.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

Lol.

I have 500 movies on my DVR. So I'm set.

If I may ask: where'd you get your DVR? That is an insane storage capacity! Mine usually tops out at around 50-60 average length features.

7 hours ago, TheOneandOnlyCritic2000 said:

Well,I just found out that last year's schedule came out on December 12, so if it doesn't come out by the 12 this year,I'm gonna be ****.

You're gonna be h o n k y?