Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, folks, I can't remember if I mentioned this movie before, but if I did, so be it! "5 Fingers" (1952) is a great spy movie, as well as a great romance taking place in Istanbul during WWII, black and white with James Mason, French actress, Danielle Darrieux and this other fine British actor Michael Rennie ("The Day the Earth Stood Still"). As far as I know, TCM featured that movie once (a long time ago), but I feel it is one of those gems that deserves to be shown more often. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

According to MovieCollector's invaluable list, it's only been aired once on TCM.  I guess you'd call it a spy-thriller of a sort, though there's not so much action as intrigue.  It could stand more airings.

• Thanks 1

I saw it years ago. Great film!

• Like 1

I love this movie very much. It is by far my favorite movie by James Mason. His performance is so wonderfully nuanced that we identify with those who believe him to be the epitome of loyalty, trustworthiness and subservience. 

• Like 2

Among other things, Five Fingers has some extremely clever dialogue (Joe Mankiewicz wrote the screenplay so no surprise).

My favourite line is delivered by Danielle Darrieux as a countess who at one point addresses a low level German clerk with a dry contempt.

"Please do not look at me as though you have a source of income other than your salary."

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 2:54 PM, TomJH said:

Among other things, Five Fingers has some extremely clever dialogue (Joe Mankiewicz wrote the screenplay so no surprise).

My favourite line is delivered by Danielle Darrieux as a countess who at one point addresses a low level German clerk with a dry contempt.

"Please do not look at me as though you have a source of income other than your salary."

Oh yes, I remember that line. Great!