Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Kamala Harris ends 2020 presidential campaign

Kamala Harris ends 2020 presidential campaign

Sen. Kamala Harris ended her 2020 presidential campaign on Tuesday, in an abrupt departure for a candidate who was once seen as a leading contender for the Democratic nomination.

The California Democrat told her senior staff of the decision Tuesday morning, and later sent an email to supporters.
Harris wrote in the email, "To you my supporters, it is with deep regret -- but also with deep gratitude -- that I am suspending my campaign today."

"But I want to be clear with you: I am still very much in this fight," Harris continued. "And I will keep fighting every day for what this campaign has been about. Justice for The People. All the people."

Harris' exit from the race is a precipitous fall for a candidate who launched her campaign to high expectations. The senator has struggled to move her low poll numbers in recent months and said Tuesday that financial pressures led her to end her bid.
"So here's the truth today. I've taken stock and looked at this from every angle, and over the last few days have come to one of the hardest decisions of my life," Harris wrote. "My campaign for president simply doesn't have the financial resources we need to continue."

"I'm not a billionaire. I can't fund my own campaign. And as the campaign has gone on, it's become harder and harder to raise the money we need to compete," Harris wrote.

Harris had been struggling to gain traction in the race for months. The campaign, in a bid to resuscitate her presidential hopes, turned all of its attention to Iowa in the fall, pledging to keep Harris in the state as much as possible and telling reporters that anything less than a third-place finish in the state would be a loss.

An early sign that Harris' bid was facing challenges came in November when her campaign -- in an effort to further go all in on Iowa -- all but shuttered her organization in New Hampshire and redeployed staff in Nevada and California to Iowa.

The move was an about face for the senator, who had launched her campaign by touting her ability not only to compete in places like Iowa and New Hampshire, but also seize on her local and neighboring status in Nevada and California.

Obama's darling is quitting her campaign-- and it brings tears to my eyes.

• Haha 1

As I mentioned in another thread, she can now focus her prosecutorial abilities against Donald Trump when his impeachment referral reaches the senate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Arturo said:

As I mentioned in another thread, she can now focus her prosecutorial abilities against Donald Trump when his impeachment referral reaches the senate.

Face it she ran a poor campaign,  with her main focus being that she was "black" (which is only a 1\4 truth) and white guys like Biden and Mayor Pete, shouldn't be President.     She was hoping Obama would endorse her but since Obama isn't like Trump,   Obama wouldn't trade sexual favors for an endorsement  (unlike Willie Brown, the one that help make her career here in CA).

Now she can go back to working for the people of CA; the ones that elected her!

(oh, and Dem Senators'  abilities will not lead to enough GOP Senators voting to convict, as well as being unlikely to change the POV of voters that Trump should be removed from office via Impeachment).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well sadly the L.A. Times and CNN today are both running articles that imply Harris is out because she isn't a white-man. 

Dems silly and misguided use of identity politics is the best hope Trump has for re-election.

Biden was wise to make all those positive comments about Harris yesterday, especially saying she would make a fine V.P.       If a white-man leads the Dem ticket he better have a women-of-color as his V.P. or my guess is that enough women and people-of-color will sit out the election allowing Trump to win.

Here is the link to the CNN commentary:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/04/opinions/kamala-harris-withdraws-pete-buttigieg-remains-zakaria/index.html

but not stephanie whatzername from virginia who said she had no interest in being biden's running mate right after he got in the race.

:D