Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Willie Nelson has quit smoking weed

It’s like Michael Jordan retiring from the NBA. It’s like Donald Trump quitting Twitter. It’s like Lindsay Lohan forsaking drama.

Willie Nelson has quit weed.

The country icon — whose smoking habit was rivaled only by Snoop Dogg‘s — told KSAT TV, “I have abused my lungs quite a bit in the past, so breathing is a little more difficult these days and I have to be careful.”

The 86-year-old added, “I don’t smoke anymore — take better care of myself.”

Nelson has allegedly smoked weed on the roof of the White House, has credited the drug with saving his life, and his personal stash was so powerful that it inspired the Toby Keith song, “I’ll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again.”

Neither, apparently, will anyone else.

It's going to be a scary world now that he isn't stoned.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MovieMadness said:

It’s like Michael Jordan retiring from the NBA. It’s like Donald Trump quitting Twitter. It’s like Lindsay Lohan forsaking drama.

Willie Nelson has quit weed.

The country icon — whose smoking habit was rivaled only by Snoop Dogg‘s — told KSAT TV, “I have abused my lungs quite a bit in the past, so breathing is a little more difficult these days and I have to be careful.”

The 86-year-old added, “I don’t smoke anymore — take better care of myself.”

Nelson has allegedly smoked weed on the roof of the White House, has credited the drug with saving his life, and his personal stash was so powerful that it inspired the Toby Keith song, “I’ll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again.”

Neither, apparently, will anyone else.

It's going to be a scary world now that he isn't stoned.

Willie didn't say he wasn't going to get stoned,  just not smoke weed.   I guess you haven't heard of eatable "weed".

liberals have made the world go nuts and truth falls by the wayside. for decades it (was) known that marijuana was a gateway drug to the harder stuff but now liberal skunks have mainstreamed it and regular tobacco smoking is now subject to the new liberal McCarthyism.

I remember seeing late actor carrol O'Connor give live testimony on court TV and he said his son hugh started by smoking pot as a teenager and my late aunt a nurse who ended her career administering methydone shots to recovering drug addicts said those mainstreaming pot use were bleepholes.

8 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

liberals have made the world go nuts and truth falls by the wayside. for decades it (was) known that marijuana was a gateway drug to the harder stuff but now liberal skunks have mainstreamed it and regular tobacco smoking is now subject to the new liberal McCarthyism.

I remember seeing late actor carrol O'Connor give live testimony on court TV and he said his son hugh started by smoking pot as a teenager and my late aunt a nurse who ended her career administering methydone shots to recovering drug addicts said those mainstreaming pot use were bleepholes.

just has it has been known for years that prolonged marijuana use affects cognative thought processes in the brain and slows them down as well as impeding memory and yet they campaign for it's widespread acceptance...

and a culpable msm ignores their basic responsibility to inform and remind us of what has been known for years.

8 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

Looks like you support a nanny-state yet again.     In addition the "gateway" claims has been disproved; but for those that still wish to hang-on to this bogus claim,   the true "gateway" drugs are alcohol and nicotine. 

E.g. over 95% of those that are addicted to hard-drugs have used one of those two drugs before hand.

Same with pot;   the vast majority of those that use pot,  had used either alcohol or nicotine.

So Nipkow; do you agree alcohol and nicotine should be banned?   As well as all pain medication (which anyone that isn't as clueless as you knows is the REAL drug problem:  LEGAL prescription.   Even your boy Trump pointed this out!!!!!  

Truly sad how you don't support freedom, the US Constitution, but instead a police-state. 

5 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Looks like you support a nanny-state yet again.     In addition the "gateway" claims has been disproved; but for those that still wish to hang-on to this bogus claim,   the true "gateway" drugs are alcohol and nicotine. 

E.g. over 95% of those that are addicted to hard-drugs have used one of those two drugs before hand.

Same with pot;   the vast majority of those that use pot,  had used either alcohol or nicotine.

So Nipkow; do you agree alcohol and nicotine should be banned?   As well as all pain medication (which anyone that isn't as clueless as you knows is the REAL drug problem:  LEGAL prescription.   Even your boy Trump pointed this out!!!!!  

but why ignore the detrimental effects that marijuana is known to have?

nicotine and booze bad but pot good?

does that really make sense?

:huh:

Just now, NipkowDisc said:

Where did you read that pot was "good"?

3 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Where did you read that pot was "good"?

where it's being toted as a new med for pain sufferers. what the hell do you call that?

1 minute ago, NipkowDisc said:

:huh:

All drugs have pros and cons.  This goes for most foods as well;  I.e. almost anything one puts into their body can have negative consequences if "abused".    

As Larry notes I never said pot was "good":  but its impact on one's health is a lot less than that of nicotine (in the form of smoking cigs) or booze.

So again you duck the actual question.  I suspect you do this since you know you're answer would make no sense:

If pot is outlawed shouldn't cigs and booze be as well?    

3 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

where it's being toted as a new med for pain sufferers. what the hell do you call that?

I have worked on two medical research projects related to this;  clearly use of pot for pain is much, much better than use of opiates.    E.g. did you watch the Oscar Levant "special" last night on TCM?

Oscar started using demerol, an opiate, for pain.  He became addicted and that shorten his life. 

during the medieval centuries while Europe was in the swoon of the dark ages meanwhile in the middle east the Persian culture was experiencing a golden age of discovery and architecture...

yet 500 years later on the threshold of the rennasiance the bands of centuries of ignorance and stagnation fell off the shoulders of Europe and in the middle east...

the golden age of the Persian culture had been halted and stagnation settled in...

what brought the advent of Persia to an end....

generations and generations of repeated use of opium which brought about an hereditary effect.

the same thing today with pot only there is no excuse for not recognizing it.

6 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

All drugs have pros and cons.  This goes for most foods as well;  I.e. almost anything one puts into their body can have negative consequences if "abused".    

As Larry notes I never said pot was "good":  but its impact on one's health is a lot less than that of nicotine (in the form of smoking cigs) or booze.

So again you duck the actual question.  I suspect you do this since you know you're answer would make no sense:

If pot is outlawed shouldn't cigs and booze be as well?    

public demand says no so why should the protestations of cig smokers be disregarded?

:D

5 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

It's a very old pain medication, and has far, far fewer negative side effects than routinely prescribed opioid-derived painkillers.

Marijuana/cannabis/THC will of course have a negative impact on one's health if abused, just as those who abuse other medications and/or recreational drugs (alcohol, nicotine, caffeine) will suffer ill consequences. But marijuana is benign when used responsibly, in moderation, and by adults. 

3 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

during the medieval centuries while Europe was in swoon of the dark ages meanwhile in the middle east the Persian culture was experiencing a golden age of discovery and architexture...

yet 500 years later on the threshold of the rennasiance the bands of centuries of ignorance and stagnation fell off the shoulders of Europe and in the middle east...

the golden age of the Persian culture had been halted and stagnation settled in...

what brought the advent opf Persia to an end....

generations and generations of repeated use of opium which brought about an hereditary effect.

the same thing today with pot only there is no exscuse for not recognizing it.

And from what dark recess of your *** did you pull that load of ****? Opium use had little to nothing to do with the decline of the ancient Persian empire. They were conquered first by the Arabian Muslims from the south then by the Mongols from the east. If you're trying to use historical scare tactics to debate drug abuse, you'd be better off using China and the Opium Wars.

let us wallow in getting high then.

let us do to you ourselves what the Persians did to themselves with generations of opium use which brought the golden age of their culture to an end prior to the rennasiance.

52 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

public demand says no so why should the protestations of cig smokers be disregarded?

:D

Public demand for pot is very high, so why should that be disregarded?????

(again,  you are unable to come-up with any sound, reasonable policy with regards to all drugs).

4 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Truly sad how you don't support freedom, the US Constitution, but instead a police-state. 

He said his solution was for the MSM to "inform and remind us" of the ill affects of drugs. Now whether the MSM is seen as pro-drugs or anti-drugs is up for debate.

If pot was truly a gateway drug there would be about 150 million heroin users in the U.S.

I like the idea of edible grass. The high without all that stuff going down your lungs, though

at 86 most of the damage has already been done.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

He said his solution was for the MSM to "inform and remind us" of the ill affects of drugs. Now whether the MSM is seen as pro-drugs or anti-drugs is up for debate.

I don't see where Nip says anything related to a "solution".   Anyhow,  I can agree that some MSM reporting can come off as being "pro-drugs",  as in glamorizing the use of pot for relational usage.   

BUT,  from what I have seen here in CA, when the MSM is "pro-pot" it's mostly associated with pain management as compared to opiates (as Larry already outlined).      I know this first hand; if only my brother had used pot for pain management instead of pain-pills and alcohol,,,, well, he would have been at Thanksgiving last month.

(as well as my 85 year old mom that has gone to the ER room twice due to overdosing on prescription opiates,,, since she was so brainwashed that Pot was soooo evil,,,,  she wouldn't even try CBD).

Just in the nick of time, he just may live to be 106. :blink:

(or maybe not)

On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again
And I can't wait to get on the road aga
in

funeral-transportation-main.jpg?itok=Zk1

:P