Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Endings & Beginnings in film history?

spence

On 12/20/2019 at 1:48 AM, spence said:

A big thanks to Rudy's Girl for submitting these heavyweight  scenes! So your a big fan if Cagney huh, we could go over a ton of stories on Jim-(he disliked Jimmy) & had more tremendous ending then any other actor in Old Hollywood  Angels With Dirty Faces, Roaring Twenties, White Heat, Yankee Doodle Dandy,etc A TIP  there is a great docu/special on youtube I believe where just after Ragtime (l98l) he was interviewed on his life & career  CHECK IT OUT!!!

I just finished that interview you spoke of and loved it! Thank you, Spence. Talent like Cagney's doesn't knock on Hollywood's door that often. In fact, I doubt they'll ever see the likes of him again.

He was such a deeply personal man, unaffected by limelight, and was a master of his art. I'm touched that he married and loved the same woman his entire life. That's a rare and beautiful thing. I watch Yankee Doodle Dandy every 4th of July. ❤️ I love him as a villain, a dancer, boxer, soldier, gangster, or even an executive for Coca-Cola.  I have yet to see a movie of his that I don't like.

If Jimmy Cagney's in it, I'm in it to the end.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 6:56 PM, JakeHolman said:

^ ^ won best song Gold   looks more like Julie Chrisie then Dunaway though here?  They didn't want Steve for this role because he never played a button down type before, he got his vengeance  obviously