Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Endings & Beginnings in film history?

spence

On 12/8/2019 at 3:21 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Here is one of my favorites endings;

KISS ME DEADLY was the first film I thought of.  That ending is fantastically jaw-dropping!  Definitely a favorite!  Though I love the TV movie THE NIGHT STALKER, KISS ME DEADLY is RALPH MEEKER's best part! 

The opening of Funny Girl.  We see the back of a woman in leopard skin coat and hat walking up to and past a theater marquee, down the side alley and through the stage door.  She walks past the man in the booth who is so engrossed in his newspaper he doesn't notice her, down a hall and stops in front of her dressing room door, then enters.  She walks up to a full length mirror.  For the first time we see her face, partially hidden by the collar of her coat, reflected in the mirror.   She says:  "Hello, gorgeous."

8 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

I was green then at it, Oscar handicapping & didn't do well for 1984  Thinking A Passage to India would sweep instead?  & predicted Albert Finney in Under the Volcano would win over Abraham?

5 minutes ago, spence said:

certain you know this item, but holding of his arm was a tribute to HARRY CAREY, SR

A request again, can you find the incredible footage of Tracy dying in Captains Courageous?

& or on topic f JW, the fight scene in The Quiet Man?

THANK YOU

On 1/16/2020 at 2:41 AM, skimpole said:

And here's another great opening, also the best James Bond sequence of all time: 

I own a couple movie books where they rate this up there with The Marx Brothers & others