Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Endings & Beginnings in film history?

2 hours ago, Dargo said:

Yep spence, and back when Venice Beach was still awash with oil derricks everywhere, and as can especially be seen in this closing sequence as Dietrich walks away from the camera...

(...having grown up not far from there, I vaguely remember seeing them as a kid, and before the price of L.A. beachfront property would skyrocket to the point that millions could be made by repurposing the land for housing)

as you know a myriad of films also were filmed there, most notably in recent yrs THE BIG LEBOWSKI

I got to visit there in 2005 & Jim Morrison is like a god there with murals

Guess I'm not gonna "quote" that large graphic, but Gershwin Fan is spot on with Silence of the Lambs. I will also attempt to address Spence's query about more modern films at the risk of sounding cliched and say that The Shawshank Redemption also has a fantastic final shot.

6 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

liberal scalawags get incinerated.

:D

You'll love the ending of "Wanted Dead or Alive" ( 1987) where the bounty hunter, Nick Randall pulls the pin of the grenade stuffed in the terrorist mouth saying ***** the bonus.  :lol:

0*liuILFZ1063YTpLG.jpg

movieswdoag02.jpg

Due to graphic language and head explosion, can't post the Youtube video. :(

Of course, Star Wars (1977) has an astonishing opening.  And I guess The Searchers (1956) is about the best.  My favorite Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968):

It's the music that makes it great.

For endings, The Searchers and Shane (1953), and 2001 (1968).  And Streetcar Named Desire (1951).  My favorite is Trouble in Paradise (1932), and maybe it's the best, though you need to see the movie to appreciate it:

'Course, the opening isn't garbage, either. . . .or maybe it is:

• Like 2
20 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

Guess I'm not gonna "quote" that large graphic, but Gershwin Fan is spot on with Silence of the Lambs. I will also attempt to address Spence's query about more modern films at the risk of sounding cliched and say that The Shawshank Redemption also has a fantastic final shot.

Though shut out of the Oscars that year at 0 for 7 & only made $28m,. it's not regared as an all-time great, matter of fact imdb.com voters voted it #2 only after The Godfather   For the record & I knew it would in forecasting *Gump swept  instead that year