Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spence

Best Endings & Beginnings in film history?

On 5/26/2020 at 2:53 AM, skimpole said:

& 1984-(summer) of that yr was the same year I got to hang out with the eventual better COCOON  Many agrued DON AMECHE really didn't deserve that s. actor Oscar,especially over forecasted by most pundits from OUT OF AFRICA KLAUS MARIA BRANDUER   Who agrees with the AMPAS or us pundits & critics,etc?

35 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

WHATS MORE TO SAY ABOUT THIS ACTING TOUR DE FPRCE? Except & I asked this in the past, saw the 1997 tv rehash with LEMMON, GEORGE  & others, even TONY SOPRANO himself J. GANDOLFINI was it the remake    HAS ANYBODY EVER SEEN OR HEARD OF IT?

(TRIVIA When VING RHAMES won the emmy over JACK, he gave his statue to LEMMON on stage)

BEST PICTURE CONTENDERS FOR 1957

*BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI, 12 ANGRY MEN, SAYONARA-(likely runner-up), WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION &  PEYTON PLACE

VS MY OWN TOP 5 COURTROOM DRAMAS> INHERIT THE WIND, TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, JUDGMENT AT NUREMBERG, 12 ANGRY MEN & THE VERDICT (l982)

On 5/28/2020 at 3:52 AM, skimpole said:

The Mirror final scene:

NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THIS ONE, WHO STARRED?

On 5/25/2020 at 12:52 AM, JakeHolman said:

THE DUKE WAS SUPERB & AS MOST FANS KNOW EARNED HIS FIRST OF JUST 2 OSCAR NOIMINATIONS-(winning 2nd time around for '69's TRUE GRIT) HOWEVER, EVEN NON JW FANTATIC ADMIT HE TRULY DESERVED THIS '49 SHOT FOR FORD'S SUPERB WESTERN SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON (RKO Radio) INSTEAD  A WESTERN THOUGH &WE ALL KNOW IT'S STRANGE PREJUDICE VS WESTERNS???

SGT STRYKER, PLUS HE HAD A MEMORABLE DEATH SEQUENCE, SOMETHING UNCLE OSCAR ALWAYS WENT FOR

COOL & NEAT TO SEE JAKE, YOU KEEP THIS ONE OPENED A BIG THANX!

12 minutes ago, spence said:

COOL & NEAT TO SEE JAKE, YOU KEEP THIS ONE OPENED A BIG THANX!

this thread is one of my favorites ... and the beginnings and endings are endless .... from all time frames ... with great movies of all stripes regardless of critical acclaim  ... 

thank you for starting it ...

Jake 

29 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

this thread is one of my favorites ... and the beginnings and endings are endless .... from all time frames ... with great movies of all stripes regardless of critical acclaim  ... 

thank you for starting it ...

Jake 

LIKE McQUEEN/JAKE HOLMAN HIMSELF< A C.O.O.L> REPLY BUDDY

WAS IN THE HOSPITAL 28 DAUS (minor 2nd heart attack, the last so far was in a WALMARTSUPER CENTER I think it was either sat or sunday  BUT, MISSED A LOT & EVERYWHERE   WERE YOU EVER ABLE TO LOCATE ENDING OF  GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER? OR SOME CAME RUNNING & WHAT ABOUT ANGELS WUITH DIRTY FACES???

On 5/28/2020 at 3:52 AM, skimpole said:

The Mirror final scene:

SAYS VIDEO NOT AVAILABLE OF ANYA?

On 5/9/2020 at 9:05 PM, JakeHolman said:

& FELLOW IRISH FINNEY WENT O FOR 5 WITH OSCAR

9 hours ago, spence said:

SAYS VIDEO NOT AVAILABLE OF ANYA?

IS THIS CLIP FROM A FILM CALLED ANYA OR THE MIRROR   & strangely still won't open

Think it was SIGHT & SOUND the had THE MIRROR among it's finalists in the last 2012 survey?

BUT, the most famous upset after 50yrs of being voted A #1 was KANE coming in as runner-up this time to VERTIGO!