Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Endings & Beginnings in film history?

a FEW MORE ENDINGS & BEGINNINGS-(THEY NEVER SEEM TO END HUH)

Can someone please submit some of these clips as well?

Both the beginning and ending of Platoon

& nobody died like CAGNEY!!!

Treasure of the Sierra Madre's all-time finale

& of course given he's among my idols that music pounding score by E. Bernstein in Some Came Running, plus Natalie's greatest scene at end of Splendor in the Grass

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LOCATE FOOTAGE

THANK YOU TO ALL & HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Just now, JakeHolman said:

spartacus hands down ... gladiator has its place though to my way my thinking....

merry christmas ...

we barely split here pal, plus it was anchored by a powerhouse per by Crowe

21 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

VERTIGO has an exciting beginning, too!

AGREED!  It's a perfect motion picture &   I went to a small theatre around '85 packed with what I thought would be young punks, only a buck to go & at it's conclusion they gave it a standing ovation

1 minute ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood????? 

I went to it & thought it ok (**1/2) despite it garnering all these awards, plus will probably end up snagging 9 Oscar shots

5 minutes ago, spence said:

& yet how could I leave out both the beginning and especially the heavyweight finale of INHERIT THE WIND  it made a huge impression on me as young as 15

So then spence, I gotta ask.

Which way did you decide to go from then on out...Darwinism or Creationism?

(...no, you're not obliged to answer...I'm just bein' a smart*** here again, that's all)  ;)

Tarentino really impressed me the most with 09's great INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS, he translated many languages & more, very rare for him I loved a couple of his other flix, but this was a massive stretch & Christolph Waltz in his first Oscar turn was brilliant as a Nazi

Just now, Dargo said:

(...no, you're not obliged to answer...I'm just bein' a smart*** here again, that's all)  ;)

DARWIN ALL THE WAY

• Like 1
On 12/8/2019 at 5:54 PM, spence said:

as you know a myriad of films also were filmed there, most notably in recent yrs THE BIG LEBOWSKI

I got to visit there in 2005 & Jim Morrison is like a god there with murals

A few others that used VENICE BEACH   American History X, Big Lebowski, The Doors, Blast from the Past, White Men Can't Jump & more, matter of fact we all hung out at the basketball court a bit   We had to touch the ocean there=(no ripples or waves though) so we could say we were in both oceans, growing up in NJ

(TRIVIA/NOTE: A cabbie that took me once said Jeff Bridges & The Big Lebowski were his all-time favs & he deliberately went to  Venice to try & locate Bridges who was appearing there somewhere on an anniversary of that terrific cult item & he not only got to meet his hero but took a picture with him)

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Lysenkoism ;) :lol: