Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Endings & Beginnings in film history?

spence

28 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

As much as I admire the Oscar winning NO COUNTRY...   my personal choice for that year as the best was THERE WILL BE BLOOD with yet another of his all 3 leading actor victories for arguably the worlds finest actor *D. DAY-LEWIS

(TRIVIA: Tommy Lee used to bunk with Al Gore in college)

20 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

I thought Chariots of Fire began with Harold Abraham's funeral.  I know they're running through the salt flats in the closing credits, are they doing that in the opening credits too?

On 12/8/2019 at 2:40 PM, TomJH said:

One of the most intriguing and bizarre opening sequences for any film, certainly from the early '30s: CRIME WITHOUT PASSION.

I defy anyone to view the following two and a half minute opening and say they don't want to see more.

Wow-this certainly drives the point of sex=evil

12 hours ago, Fedya said:

I thought Chariots of Fire began with Harold Abraham's funeral.  I know they're running through the salt flats in the closing credits, are they doing that in the opening credits too?

good choice!   I'll never forget the Academy Awards that year, all pundits had Reds or On Golden Pond to win BP