Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spence

Best Endings & Beginnings in film history?

17 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

AFI voted it 9th all-time best fim & in it's revised survey from 07 It was voted 8th  I agree it's easily in the top ten

& Ralph Fiennes brilliantly portrayed the meanest nazi

1 hour ago, JakeHolman said:

Finest version I ever heard though was Lionel Barrymore's annual one, '38 was his last, except for Mr, Potter of course

Bruce Springsteen's breakout song "Thunder Road" took it's title from a  movie poster.

The beginning of the song opens with the line "Screen door slams, Mary's dress waves" which is taken from the opening scene of Springsteen;'s favorite movie; "The Searchers".

On 12/14/2019 at 2:04 PM, johnpressman said:

Bruce Springsteen's breakout song "Thunder Road" took it's title from a  movie poster.

The beginning of the song opens with the line "Screen door slams, Mary's dress waves" which is taken from the opening scene of Springsteen;'s favorite movie; "The Searchers".

thanks fir the info on BRUCE!  Are you a big fan if his

2 hours ago, spence said:

thanks fir the info on CRYCE!  Are you a big fan if his

Do you mean Bruce? I just like his early songs including the original acoustic version of "Thunder Road".  Its'  poetry.

18 hours ago, johnpressman said:

Do you mean Bruce? I just like his early songs including the original acoustic version of "Thunder Road".  Its'  poetry.

thanx  next to Elvis he's my ma's fav   But things were not the same with the sudden passing of C. Clemmons

How could I leave out finale of Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (l967)

observe the cinematography .... awesome ....  great western ...

11 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

observe the cinematography .... awesome ....  great western ...

easily ranks among my own top ten westerns   fonda was the finest earp, runner up kevin costner

On 12/14/2019 at 2:04 PM, johnpressman said:

The a no 1 western and has influenced so many filmmakers ever since   His youngest son he name Ethan & that's NATALIE'S sister as little Debbie  & always taken or granted  Ward Bond deserved an Oscar shot here

On 12/14/2019 at 12:55 PM, spence said:

Finest version I ever heard though was Lionel Barrymore's annual one, '38 was his last, except for Mr, Potter of course

many critics/historians strongly feel he deserved to be in the Oscars

johnny, the one and only Rocco, prefers pompano and champagne but tonite for me tunafish on rye with coke.

:)

Funny here Nip, but the last few times I've watched Key Largo, first, it was in glorious B&W and not in a washed out color hue like that, and secondly, that particular scene in it wasn't at either the beginning OR at the end of it.

(...and which I thought this thread was supposed to be about)

One of my favorite movie beginnings comes from MUSIC AND LYRICS (2007).  Hugh Grant plays a has-been 80's pop star who has a chance for a comeback, and the opening scene shows a video of his former band in their heyday, with 80's cliches galore:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

johnny, the one and only Rocco, prefers pompano and champagne but tonite for me tunafish on rye with coke.

:)

oh, that's it, it had a superb conclusion  been studying this masterpiece since 1979 as a teen  & yet another Oscar snub for Edward G.

(TRIVIA: Oscar nominee Chazz Palminteri's idol is Emanual Golderg Eddie G.)   Most have probably seen his tcm tribute to him