Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
spauldingd

Issues with Safari on IOS with new forum software

Is anyone else having difficulty navigating the forums since the change? I always use my iPad and find that simply clicking a forum or a message isn’t enough and I have to click again. On messages, a single click will sometimes bring up a small preview screen of the message. I never had these issues before. I even had to double-click the Start New Topic button to post this. Is it just me?

Can the layout be tightened up a bit too? Lots of empty space and only 5 forums fit on a page now where there were probably a dozen before.

30D6822A-85ED-4DB2-83EE-229661284AAF.png

• Like 1

Maybe you and anyone else who uses a similar device.  I'm a dinosaur who uses a desktop PC and have no such issues.  But I get that "preview" you mention by just placing my cursor over the thread title.  But that happened before the change as well.   And oddly....

The Epiphone forum I belong to just changed THEIR format earlier this year to the same format THIS board just changed FROM! :o   And since I was the only one there who was also a member here, it didn't bother me like it did the other members.  ;) 

Sepiatone

I wondered the same thing. Chrome on iPad behaves much better than Safari, but Safari used to work just fine here. As a programmer myself, I’m all too aware that writing web pages that work perfectly on all browsers can be a challenge but I thought the modern frameworks had solved most of those issues.

I posted a message in the General Discussion forum and then remembered this forum existed. Safari used to work fine with the old forums but does not work well now. Most things need to be double-clicked and occasional preview windows show up with a single click. Chrome on IOS works as expected as far as I can tell from what little I tested. 

I've been having a problem accessing the TCM Board with Safari, which is my go-to browser. When I first try to enter, I get a message saying there's a problem, try again. Then it works. It's just sort of annoying to have to do it two or three times.

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: 2S119/1

On 4/9/2020 at 10:19 AM, Swithin said:

I've been having a problem accessing the TCM Board with Safari, which is my go-to browser. When I first try to enter, I get a message saying there's a problem, try again. Then it works. It's just sort of annoying to have to do it two or three times.

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: 2S119/1

Happens to me too, if I start to browse the forum threads first before I log on (rather than just log on from the home page first).  A click on the TCM icon on the upper left corner of the screen takes me back to the home page of the forum.  Unlike the OP issue, it doesn't appear to be browser-specific, just a server error.

In case someone from TCM might mysteriously be reading this (as another poster lead him/herself to believe)...deeper links also need to properly be redirected after login.  More likely an error with the forum package itself though, rather than TCM's humble customizations away from the stock package, IMO.

49 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Happens to me too, if I start to browse the forum threads first before I log on (rather than just log on from the home page first).  A click on the TCM icon on the upper left corner of the screen takes me back to the home page of the forum.  Unlike the OP issue, it doesn't appear to be browser-specific, just a server error.

In case someone from TCM might mysteriously be reading this (as another poster lead him/herself to believe)...deeper links also need to properly be redirected after login.  More likely an error with the forum package itself though, rather than TCM's humble customizations away from the stock package, IMO.

With me, it only happens in Safari, not in Chrome. But I don't really use Chrome much, so it's a pain.  I did message the Admin., got a response back asking if it happened in other browsers. When I said no, I guess they assumed it doesn't matter, I can just use the other browser. But I don't like to use Chrome.

7 minutes ago, Swithin said:

With me, it only happens in Safari, not in Chrome. But I don't really use Chrome much, so it's a pain.  I did message the Admin., got a response back asking if it happened in other browsers. When I said no, I guess they assumed it doesn't matter, I can just use the other browser. But I don't like to use Chrome.

Firefox for me - I get that error in Firefox.  I agree. Chrome is very basic, rarely use it myself.