Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rudy's Girl

Audie Murphy: Actor

Audie Murphy was the most decorated soldier of World War II.  A true hero in every sense of the word. But some forget he was also an actor, and he was a tough one. The Guns of Fort Petticoat, Night Passage, Kansas Raiders, No Name On the Bullet are some of my favorite Westerns of his, to name a few.

What are some of yours?

Enjoy!!! 😁

• Like 1

I like KANSAS RAIDERS, though Audie is very young and inexperienced as an actor in that one.

He's good in THE UNFORGIVEN, made a decade later. 

And I especially like WALK THE PROUD LAND (1956). 

Starz Encore has been running a lot of his films. Not a great actor but he comes across in a genuine manner and that, for me, is what makes him so watchable. Most of westerns were average but they were a pleasant distraction. They were a nice enough way to pass 80 minutes or so. 

Tumbleweeds was pretty good, Hell Bent For Leather was one I remember fondly.  The prior posts run some good titles.

Audie Murphy's first movie role was a small one.  He played a copy boy for the Dallas News in the 1948 rom-com "Texas, Brooklyn & Heaven."  Nary a weapon in sight.

1 hour ago, Carol Anne said:

Audie Murphy's first movie role was a small one.  He played a copy boy for the Dallas News in the 1948 rom-com "Texas, Brooklyn & Heaven."  Nary a weapon in sight.

Yea,  Murphy came to Hollywood via William and James Cagney who signed him to a contract but due to disagreements never featured him in a Cagney production film.