Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spence

Movies you've seen the most times???

2 minutes ago, GGGGerald said:

So many iconic scenes: Pistol in the afro, Shotgunning her boyfriend, Setting those people on fire at "the ranch".  :lol:

I never get tired of seeing them.

you scooped me on these buddy?  Please give me a hint what they are from & then I bet I can get 'em

Again, can some fellow TCM-ITE send in a clip of Splendor in the Grass, Angels with Dirty Faces, City Lights, Inherit the Wind,etc & the inception of Some Came Running

(P.S. I forgot when I listed Scorsese's fav films & inspirations Some Came Running is easily among them)

Plus, though it's not the beginning or finale, that legendary clip we first see HARRY LIME in THE THIRD MAN?

THANK YOU & HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

When I was a kid in the late 70's there was still such a thing as UHF.  In LA, channel 52 had become children's programming. The schedule was Little Rascals/Our Gang, then Three Stooges, then My Little Margie and then some other shows from 3pm till about 8pm. And I got home and watch it everyday.

So in that respect, I've probably watched Our Gang/Little Rascals & Three Stooges more than any other feature overall. But, that was long ago.

1 minute ago, GGGGerald said:

When I was a kid in the late 70's there was still such a thing as UHF.  In LA, channel 52 had become children's programming. The schedule was Little Rascals/Our Gang, then Three Stooges, then My Little Margie and then some other shows from 3pm till about 8pm. And I got home and watch it everyday.

So in that respect, I've probably watched Our Gang/Little Rascals & Three Stooges more than any other feature overall. But, that was long ago.

COOL! we may be about the same age & fondly remember those tv days

Most people still today strongly feel THE STOOGES shorts were made first for TV?

While on my 3 trips to whats left of Hollywood got to stay at same motel at 777 north vine, a stone's throw away from Paramount & old RKO

& also very close by is the original Columbia Pictures where of course THE STOOGES worked from 1934 to '59

Don't you loath Joe Besser though?

4 minutes ago, spence said:

Don't you loath Joe Besser though?

I don't loath anyone. I figure he was doing the best he could do. No one could follow Curly so it was a no win situation.

I watch Astaire and Rogers movies all the time. It feels like I watch at least a couple a month. The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), any of Alfred Hitchcock's films (mostly Psycho), Marx Brothers films, The Great Escape, Zulu. I think I've watched Capricorn One two or three times this year. If you would like to count Three Stooges shorts, I watch a ton of those on a weekly basis.

I just noticed I'm not the only one who mentioned the Stooges. 😊

• Like 1

Just now, GGGGerald said:

I don't loath anyone. I figure he was doing the best he could do. No one could follow Curly so it was a no win situation.

Thanx for fast reply  Besser also had a rep as being among the most difficult in Hollywood  He also appeared in the marvelous Abbott & Costello Show (l952-54)

& sadly was the lone Stooge present when they finally got a WOF-STAR  Curly Joe DeRita outlived them all, but went blind earlier from diabetes

12 minutes ago, GGGGerald said:

And I forgot, also Speed Racer and Johnny Sokko (Giant Robot). Those were good days 😃

WHAT ABOUT MY FAV>-(just for laughs, Curly Howard was more talented) SHEMP HOWARD???

Just now, GGGGerald said:

And I forgot, also Speed Racer and Johnny Sokko (Giant Robot). Those were good days 😃

GOD, ever see that awful movie based on Speed Racer by the way?

25 minutes ago, Rudy's Girl said:

I watch Astaire and Rogers movies all the time. It feels like I watch at least a couple a month. The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), any of Alfred Hitchcock's films (mostly Psycho), Marx Brothers films, The Great Escape, Zulu. I think I've watched Capricorn One two or three times this year. If you would like to count Three Stooges shorts, I watch a ton of those on a weekly basis.

I just noticed I'm not the only one who mentioned the Stooges. 😊

BUT GOOD GOIN' ANYWAY

Anything with Cagney and Bogey I can't resist watching 2 days in a row, either a week or  every 2 weeks.

I also watch anything with Bette Davis and Katharine Hepburn on a regular weekly basis.

• Like 1

Not surprisingly, mine is The Long, Long Trailer.  I have probably seen it 100 times (not kidding).  

After that:

Probably Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Grumpy Old Men, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, as those are my family's annual Thanksgiving films.

Many of my Christmas films:

White Christmas, I watch it multiple times each holiday season

Meet Me in St. Louis, I watch it multiple times each holiday season and throughout the year

Never Say Goodbye (Errol Flynn), I watch this multiple times each holiday season and throughout the year

Love Actually, I watch it every year

A Charlie Brown Christmas How the Grinch Stole Christmas, I've been watching these two animated cartoons every single year my entire life.

Other films:

The Wizard of Oz- It used to air annually when I was little.  I have it on Blu Ray and make it a point to watch once a year or so.

Gidget- Love this movie, I've seen it a million times

Gidget Goes Hawaiian- Not as good as the Sandra Dee one, but it has its moments

Where the Boys Are- Love this movie.  I just love the 50s-60s teen beach movies, so I watch them all often

A Summer Place, if there's one thing I love as much as 50s-60s teen beach movies, it's 50s-60s teen melodrama! 

Casablanca- I never tire of this one

Singin' in the Rain- I never tire of this film either, seen it a million times

Gentleman Jim- I never tire of watching Errol strut around in a top hat and tails and later tight pants.

The Adventures of Robin Hood- A perfect film from beginning to end

Summer Rental- John Candy.  One of my family's favorite films.  We can recite all the dialogue. 

Smokey and the Bandit.  This film is a classic and hilarious.

The Brady Bunch Movie & A Very Brady Sequel.  As a lifelong fan of The Brady Bunch, I love these films.  They did such a great job. 

Double Indemnity- such a great noir, I never tire of listening to Fred MacMurray's dialogue and he and Barbara Stanwyck trying to go incognito  at the grocery store.

Dark Passage- The first person perspective  in this film is fascinating.

Gilda- Rita Hayworth is so glamorous and this film is just so much fun to watch

The More the Merrier- I never tire of listening to Jean Arthur explain the morning routine to Charles Coburn,  and later, hers and Joel McCrea's sexy scene on the stairs

The Thin Man- William Powell and Myrna Loy are perfection

Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House- I could listen to Myrna Loy explain paint colors all day.  The only way that this film would be better is if they got rid of the two daughters.

Mildred Pierce- Love this movie.  I can't get enough Veda.

Sabrina- Audrey Hepburn is so charming and I love her wardrobe.

Funny Face- I love the colors and the fashions.  Audrey's photo shoot is the highlight  of the film.

There's No Business Like Show Business- I love the music and all the fashions.  Mitzi Gaynor is such a delight.

--

There are probably so many more that I'm forgetting.  I'm big into watching my favorites when the mood strikes--which is probably why I still have 500+ movies to get through on the DVR.

• Like 2

All That Jazz (1979)
The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)
Laura (1944)
My Neighbor Totoro (1993)
Rebecca (1940)

The Mystery Of Mr. X (1934)
The Divorce of Lady X (1938)
How to Steal a Million (1966)
The Hidden Fortress (1958)
Bell, Book and Candle (1958)

• Like 1

Not necessarily in order, but these are the movies I've seen multiple times and never get tired of:

1. Since You Went Away

2. The Best Years of Our Lives (I'm with Dargo. This is my all-time favorite film, too.)

3. Casablanca

4. Swing Time

5. It's a Wonderful Life

6. Strangers on a Train

7. Singin' in the Rain

8. The Band Wagon

9. Dark Victory

10. Yankee Doodle Dandy

• Like 1

16 hours ago, spence said:

Same as me with Wonderful Life, 1st caught it on tv in '79

:o

Wow......   Both of my KIDS have seen it several times by then!  :o :blink:  

I'd have that on the list, as well as many other Christmas movies I like since they're in a personal library and get at least a couple of looks every year.  Like---

SCROOGE( A Christmas Carol '51)

It's A  WONDERFUL LIFE

MIRACLE ON 34th STREET(both the '47 and '94 versions)

A CHRISTMAS STORY

TRAPPED IN PARADISE ('94)

CHRISTMAS VACATION ('89)

THE SANTA CLAUSE( '94 again!)

SCROOGED ( '88)

PERIOD OF ADJUSTMENT( '62)

As for others.....  with no count included----

THE WIZARD OF OZ

SONS OF THE DESERT

and if it counts(since it's a short) THE MUSIC BOX   and if it does count, then too

HELPMATES,  and just about all the Laurel and Hardy  sound filmography.

DINNER AT EIGHT

TOPPER

ARSENIC AND OLD LACE

YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU

THE MALTESE FALCON

THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE

CASABLANCA

LILIES OF THE FIELD 

THE GRAPES OF WRATH

ACE IN THE HOLE

THE FRENCH CONNECTION

SOLDIER IN THE RAIN

THE HUSTLER

ANATOMY OF A MURDER

and watched a LOT until I lost the VHS somewhere(and looking for aDVD...)......

RUNAWAY TRAIN ('86)

THE GODFATHER

THE FUGITIVE KIND

ON THE WATERFRONT

THE WILD ONE

And I figure I'll stop here because as you can see,I spend what seems like an inordinate  amount of time at the tube!  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Best Years of Our Lives

Marty

Godfather

Godfather2

It's A Wonderful Life

From Here To Eternity

The Apartment

All About Eve

Letter To Three Wives

Singin In the Rain

The Searchers

Bell, Book and Candle

Rear Window

Goldfinger

Thomas Crown Affair ( Steve McQueen)

The World of Henry Orient

Portrait of Jennie

The Eddy Duchin Story

Goodfellas

Captains Courageous

Anthony Adverse

The Parent Trap ( Hayley Mills)

The Trouble With Angels

So Big ( Stanwyck and Wyman versions)

I could name 100 more. These are SOME of the ones that I watch whenever they are shown and also watch my tapes of many of them since I never get tired of these films.

• Like 4

And because she liked it so much, my wife and I also sat through many numerous viewings of THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO --the 2002 remake with JIM CAVEIZEL and GUY PIERCE.   It's pretty good actually.  ;)

Sepiatone