Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MicKChow

Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf

I love this movie, but I can't figure out whether or not their son is for real, is Martha's green eyed Daddy the father? Or is their blond haired green or blue eyed son a fictitious  character in a book that George is writing! I think Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton are amazing in this movie, you would almost believe their was really liqueur in those glasses they kept refilling throughout the movie! Could someone shed some light on the whole "son" part of this great movie!

Thank you,

MicChow

12 hours ago, MicKChow said:

I love this movie, but I can't figure out whether or not their son is for real, is Martha's green eyed Daddy the father? Or is their blond haired green or blue eyed son a fictitious  character in a book that George is writing! I think Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton are amazing in this movie, you would almost believe their was really liqueur in those glasses they kept refilling throughout the movie! Could someone shed some light on the whole "son" part of this great movie!

Thank you,

MicChow

Uh,  check out the other thread for the replies there;  

So this film is a comedy?           Yea,   one very dark one!

38 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

So this film is a comedy?           Yea,   one very dark one!

Yeah, I agree putting this in the Comedy sub-forum seems odd, but it does illustrate why we need a Drama sub-forum, which I've requested in the past to no avail. What existing sub-forum would you put the movie in? Horror? Romance?!? :lol:

8 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Yeah, I agree putting this in the Comedy sub-forum seems odd, but it does illustrate why we need a Drama sub-forum, which I've requested in the past to no avail. What existing sub-forum would you put the movie in? Horror? Romance?!? :lol:

I agree that there needs to be a "drama" sub-forum under "genre". 

I just looked at the available choices and yea nothing "works" so   I would say the best place for this film would be Cult-film.

Ok,  it doesn't "fit" that either,,,,   but I find cult-film to be less "out there" than the others.

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm a newbie confused about what forum to put this movie in! Would like to properly categorize this movie so that I can talk to someone about shedding some light on Martha and George's son! 

7 minutes ago, MicKChow said:

Sorry, I'm a newbie confused about what forum to put this movie in! Would like to properly categorize this movie so that I can talk to someone about shedding some light on Martha and George's son! 

You got more responses in the other thread you started on the same subject:

https://forums.tcm.com/topic/262081-whos-afraid-of-virginia-wolf/?tab=comments#comment-2110538

5 hours ago, MicKChow said:

As Larry notes your questions were addressed at the other sub-forum.  Just click the link Larry provided.

One can't place dramas like this film in the proper category, since TCM doesn't have a drama-sub-category.    

As for the film;    since the film reminds my wife of her parents, anytime she see this is on all I hear is "we are NOT watching that!".