Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need Help ID'ing Film Noir Circa 1950

Hi, new member here. I saw a movie a while back that had a blonde woman who was part of a car theft racket she was trying to infiltrate. The scene I remember she was riding with her accomplice in a white 1950 Ford convertible in which they purposely caused a flat tire in order to distract the parking lot attendant. While the attendant was changing the tire for the woman, her accomplice stole a Lincoln sedan. She then used the phone booth to tip off the cops. I think she was working incognito to find her husband's killer. There was also another scene at the end which involved a shootout with cops inside a garage with stolen cars. This movie was made circa 1950. 

I first saw this movie on either YouTube or Dailymotion and had it bookmarked, but the link has now disappeared and I can't remember the name. Please help! 

It sounds familiar in parts and then it doesn't.  Sounds  a bit like  Hit and Run (1957) and also like  a British film  Never Let Go (1960). Hit and Run has the blonde and Never Let Go has the stolen car racket. But of course they are newer than 1950.

15 hours ago, FromABuick8 said:

I found it on YouTube last night...it's called "Missing Women" with Penny Edwards from 1951.  It's an obscure, yet very solid film that rarely gets mentioned. Thanks for your help!

missing-women-1951.jpg

Ah,  a Republic noir \ crime film.      No wonder we don't see it on TCM.

• Like 1