Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jakeem

Favorite cats in movies

When I was a kid, THE ARISTOCATS was my favorite film. I even had the LP soundtrack and I drove my family nuts playing it over and over again.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIWvZ53KjoSL8Xof1UVWz

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

When I was a kid, THE ARISTOCATS was my favorite film. I even had the LP soundtrack and I drove my family nuts playing it over and over again.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIWvZ53KjoSL8Xof1UVWz

The Aristocats was technically my first film in the theater.  I saw it during a 1987 re-release.

I was carried out of the theater when I started crying.

My real first film in the theater (that I actually stayed and watched the whole thing) was 1989's The Little Mermaid. Lol. 

• Like 1

I remember the 1962 animated musical "Gay Purr-ee" mostly because Judy Garland provided the voice of the character Mewsette.

See the source image

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

I remember the 1962 animated musical "Gay Purr-ee" mostly because Judy Garland provided the voice of the character Mewsette.

Although some remember Gay Purr-ee for the time Robert Goulet andJudy appeared on Jack Paar's show to promote it, and that pre-Letterman imp Paar decided to have a little fun with the cue cards:

• Haha 2

Another one from Parade:  Mrs. Norris from the Harry Potter film franchise. She's the ever-present companion of Argus Filch (David Bradley), the caretaker at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry .

Argus Filch and Mrs Norris in Harry Potter

• Like 2

I'm going to venture a guess that the cats in the Cats movie are not going to be featured on this thread.

• Haha 1

Thackery Binx was, in my opinion, the only reason to watch HOCUS POCUS.

hocus-pocus-30th-anniversary-look-back-13.jpg

1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

I'm going to venture a guess that the cats in the Cats movie are not going to be featured on this thread.

No. Although  the movie inspired the Parade piece that inspired the thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

No. Although  the movie inspired the Parade piece that inspired the thread.

I wonder what happened to Taylor Swift's cat? She's missing all the fur between her nose and collarbones.  Maybe she got into a scrap with another cat in the junkyard.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I wonder what happened to Taylor Swift's cat? She's missing all the fur between her nose and collarbones.  Maybe she got into a scrap with another cat in the junkyard.

Maybe she's a lot like the real Taylor, who apparently enjoys shedding her clothes to show off her figure during stage performances.

See the source image

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

Maybe she's a lot like the real Taylor, who apparently enjoys shedding her clothes to show off her figure during stage performances.

See the source image

Apparently she sheds more than clothes! What happened to the rest of her left leg?

2 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Apparently she sheds more than clothes! What happened to the rest of her left leg?

Maybe she was turning into Dr. Manhattan! That's a "Watchmen" reference for those of you who missed the HBO series.

Not from a movie but I always liked  "Mr. Henderson," Rose Marie's cat from The Dick Van Dyke Show:

Image result for dick van dyke show and cat  mr henderson                             Image result for dick van dyke show and cat  mr henderson

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jakeem said:

Maybe she was turning into Dr. Manhattan! That's a "Watchmen" reference for those of you who missed the HBO series.

I saw the Zack Snyder version, and THAT'S why I missed the HBO series.

23 hours ago, EricJ said:

I saw the Zack Snyder version, and THAT'S why I missed the HBO series.

You shouldn't have. The HBO episodes were brilliant -- and it seemed that each installment after the pilot topped the one before it.  Episode 6 even appeared to lampoon the Snyder frozen-motion style from the 2009 movie.

Image result for watchmen frozen motion hooded justice breaks through window

Here are my favorite cats in the movies from LADY AND THE TRAMP...Si and Am the Siamese cats who cause havoc to Lady.  There is racism towards asians. However, this was the 1950s..3

• Like 1

In "The Incredible Shrinking Man" (1957), the title character played by Grant Williams discovers that a household pet sees him as potential Cat Chow.

Image result for cat in incredible shrinking man

• Like 2