Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

#NObody is ABOVE THE LAW

15 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

It would sink the Dems' attempt to win a majority in the Senate,  maintain one in the House,  and defeat Trump,    if they start new investigations to try to find other crimes and abuses-of-power UNLESS these crimes etc.. were done by Trump in 2020.       

Pelosi understands this well and isn't stupid.      The reason Pelosi didn't impeached after the Mueller investigation was complete was because she believed there wasn't enough there to convince enough Americans that impeachment was warranted.        Trump gives her a gift with the Ukraine phone call.      I just don't see Pelosi allowing more investigation after the Senate finds him "not-guilty",   unless Trump gives yet another gift (i.e. commits more bad-acts in 2020).

Quite right from someone who understands American politics.  If Pelosi holds on to the impeachment for several more months something might come up.  But God, it would have to be REALLY HUGE to convince any more people that removal is a good thing.  I don't see that happening.  Then would it matter anyway? In the Senate - no.  In the 2020 elections - probably not at all.

Latest polling from Wisconsin is that a majority of registered voters are opposed to impeachment, let alone removal from office.  Wisconsin is one of the few states that gave the election to Trump in 2016.  He can still lose the popular vote by 4-5% and WIN via the Electoral College as he did in 2016.  Pelosi knows this and is watching very carefully. 

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2019/12/12/marquette-poll-trump-impeachment-and-2020-democrats/4410049002/

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

So in your scenario the democrats should run to the Supreme Court and say that they no longer wish to see Trump's tax returns because it is now hands off Trump.

I didn't say "new " investigations.

I want the Dems to follow a strategy that leads to them winning the most elections,  at ALL levels,  in 2020.

It appears that is NOT what you desire.      What do you desire?      Removal of Trump?    Uh,  that isn't going to happen.      AND  more investigations,  more hearing etc...  will NOT help Dems in 2020.

As for Trump's tax returns;   Dems can still pursue them.   My point was that if they are released the Dems should let the returns '"speak for themselves".     

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I want the Dems to follow a strategy that leads to them winning the most elections,  at ALL levels,  in 2020.

It appears that is NOT what you desire.      What do you desire?      Removal of Trump?    Uh,  that isn't going to happen.      AND  more investigations,  more hearing etc...  will NOT help Dems in 2020.

As for Trump's tax returns;   Dems can still pursue them.   My point was that if they are released the Dems should let the returns '"speak for themselves".     

What you are I "want" will have very little to do with what will actually happen.  Let's put this aside.

I just posted a George Conway Op ED in its entirety in the Whoppers thread.  You might find his opinions interesting.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Bogie56 said:

What you are I "want" will have very little to do with what will actually happen.  Let's put this aside.

I just posted a George Conway Op ED in its entirety in the Whoppers thread.  You might find his opinions interesting.

George has put himself up as the leader of the post -trump conservative movement.

26 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

George has put himself up as the leader of the post -trump conservative movement.

Exactly;  Which means any advise he gives is designed to hurt Trump,  but NOT assist the Dems,   post Trump.

Looks like Pelosi will NOT push forward with a Senate trial until the Senate agrees on (by vote) how such a trial will be conducted.

Moscow Mitch will never agree to that.     It is very likely that this stalemate will continue until the election.     

To me that is a good thing for the Dems.     This way Trump can't claim he was found not-guilty and therefore exonerated. 

Undecided voters have enough info to decide how "this" (Trump's actions,  Dems actions to his actions, impeachment,  no trial, etc...) should influence how they vote and if they should support GOP candidates in other races. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

The better alternative might be to vote to impeach then not send it over to the senate right away.  This is what John Dean recommended.  Let Trump sweat and more evidence may surface.

A vote in the House NOT to impeach would be a dereliction at this point.

Just saying.

• Confused 1
9 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Just saying.

I hear you now.    I wasn't fully aware the House Speaker could not send over the Impeachment articles and thus 'stall' the Senate trial until I head a constitutional lawyer discuss this yesterday.

Unless witnesses  will be called,  there is no need for a quick GOP rubber-stamped,   Trump is not-guilty,   "trial".     

Pelosi hangs tight, doesn't blink and all the pressure is on Moscow Mitch.

• Thanks 1