Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

abbot and costello classic going to be restored

Although  M.r. Furmanek mainly works on restoring 3D film classics, for 30 years he was an archivist for the abbot and Costello estate.One of their hits is dying and in need of  restoring and preserving,"Africa Screams." As he put it it's  slowly deteriorating  .He has put on a fund raiser at Kick Starter to raise the money up by December 30th to have it fixed.I donated 35 dollars and in return I  will receive a Blu - ray copy with my name on the credits to contribution of funds for restoring it and for the website version of the  publicity book.Although this wasn't one of my favorite classics I'm looking forward in it's new pristine  look. I've seen poor copies on t.v. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw Africa Screams years ago and the quality was poor, which is a shame because it was a pretty good comedy, though not as good as their earlier works. I have never seen it in any of their collections. I wonder why. The Noose Hangs High is another good one that is hard to find. Why are some of their movies missing from these collections?