Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Beefcake Thread Part Deux

I think it WAS Draper who did the Tongo role.  :rolleyes:  But checking, it was DENNY MILLER. 

Ach!  Kids!  

Personally, I wouldn't take either.  I don't swing that way.  ;)

Sepiatone

41 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I would take Davy Jones over the body builder too. I also like his shirt, I would wear it.  Lol.

The body builder reminds me of that dopey Tongo the apeman guy that visits Gilligan's Island There is nothing cute about that guy at all.  He looks like an overgrown Bamm-Bamm. 

That would be actor Denny Miller, speedy. 

gilligans-island+(3).jpg

During the '70s and '80s he did a string of these TV commercials...

gort04h3.jpg

(...and yeah, when I saw Sepia's pic of Dave Draper up there, I also thought of Denny here)

• Like 2

I have some 'beefcake' photos to upload but my attachments are used up. How do you guys and gals upload so many photos without this problem? 

6 minutes ago, Paulll said:

I have some 'beefcake' photos to upload but my attachments are used up. How do you guys and gals upload so many photos without this problem? 

You can copy'n'paste pictures from elsewhere on the internet and it doesn't use up your data limit. However, you run the risk of the link disappearing.

Here's a short example of how I do it:

Go to Google and do an image search of whatever or whomever you are looking for. Scroll through the thumbnails until you find one you want. Clicking on the thumbnail brings up a preview on the right of the screen. Right click on the preview image and choose "Open image in new tab". Then go to that tab and copy the URL (web address) by clicking Ctrl+C, in the address bar. Then you paste the address (by clicking Ctrl+V) in the message box of the thread. The image should appear. 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Paulll said:

I copy a pic from Google and paste it on here. Right click and then click where it says 'Copy Image Address'. That's how I do it anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the tips friends!!!

As for beefcake - I would gladly have taken Elizabeth Taylor's place. 💙Richard Burton was a stud! 

791dc11fdaa7d232fb6c7d5c44dba508.jpg

42e0d66637503096e63c2e37188ca621.jpg

• Like 3

This man, Kevin Sorbo, should be the Merriam-Webster definition of beefcake.

Definition of beefcake

: a usually photographic display of muscular male physiques

also : a man of the type featured in such a display or such men in general

kevinsorbo.jpg?fit=672,536&quality=100&s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Paulll said:

I just right-click on the image and do "Copy Image."  That usually works.  Sometimes a size error will pop-up and I'll use the link method that Lawrence and Rudy's Girl mention. I also usually resize my photos by right-clicking and choosing "Edit Image" so they aren't enormous.

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Dargo said:

Yeah, a bit I suppose.

If you're not familiar with Easton, he had a featured role in John Huston's The Red Badge of Courage and would occasionally guest on various TV programs, especially sitcoms, during the '50s-'70s, and often playing the hayseed. He also appeared as a cowboy Hollywood actor in the dark comedy The Loved One.

His mastery of voices and various accents(and not just of American hayseeds but also various British and European ones) would also make him well-known in Hollywood as a voice coach when his acting roles became scarce.

I also remember him as "Yokel" in The Ransom of Red Chief portion of O Henry's Full House. "What do you want the land fer?"

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

John Cusack may not be a beefcake, but he's so cute it hurts, and still is.

tumblr_ly7ndped531rnub4fo1_500.gif?w=376

I love John Cusack !  Yes, so cute.  I love all his early movies, you know, the ones where he's some lovesick guy trying to win the girl.  And he's very cool in "High Fidelity".

Image result for john cusack high fidelity

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, misswonderly3 said:

I love John Cusack !  Yes, so cute.  I love all his early movies, you know, the ones where he's some lovesick guy trying to win the girl.  And he's very cool in "High Fidelity".

Image result for john cusack high fidelity

My favorite is The Sure Thing. I also like Better Off Dead, Say Anything, and Grosse Pointe Blank. 

• Like 2
On 2/22/2020 at 3:34 PM, Dargo said:

OH what the hell. I'll post 'em here anyway.

Maybe Andrea here will enjoy seein' 'em at least, and seein' as how SHE brought up Handsome Bob's name earlier in this thing.

Here's Spangler, ahem, I mean Bob sitting on a Harley, and with Babs his first wife sitting on a Triumph...

rt3902.jpg

Good grief, Barbara Stanwyck's hairdo is spectacularly bad. She is so much more attractive than this.

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, kingrat said:

Good grief, Barbara Stanwyck's hairdo is spectacularly bad. She is so much more attractive than this.

Well, maybe Bab's was just suffering from "helmet hair" there, KR?!  ;)

(...although I have to admit I don't see any helmets in that photo there)

10 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Leif has no beef.

61YLq5qBo9L._AC_SY550_.jpg

I met Leif by chance on the lot when we were both teens, I wasn't impressed with him at all, but my cousin went crazy over him.

I was a big David Cassidy fan and heard him described as having "androgynous good looks" which in retrospect, is pretty accurate. Heh the 70's puka shell necklace.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, misswonderly3 said:

My latest crush for current actors is Adam Driver. Damn, this guy is sexy !

Image result for adam driver

Really?!!!

(...oh...wait...never mind...I now remember the last time I said somethin' about John Garfield here) ;)

LOL

12 hours ago, Dargo said:

Really?!!!

(...oh...wait...never mind...I now remember the last time I said somethin' about John Garfield here) ;)

LOL

Adam Driver may not be traditionally handsome but he's got a brooding intensity and is a talented actor so, yeah,  I can see posting him here.  He also got pretty buff for the Star Wars movies and is a former Marine.    On the other hand, Dargo, you posted pictures of Robert Taylor who I find about as sexy as a 2 x 4.   But that's just me.    😉

• Thanks 1