Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Trump Impeachment(s)

17 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

They can also have a separate vote by simple majority during the impeachment to take away Trump's pension and his yearly travel allowances.  They can also vote to never have his name appear on a federal building.

I don't see why taxpayers should pay anything to Trump after what he has done.

Especially if he's as wealthy as he claims to be...

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

:huh:

What this is is a memo to all servicemembers that they must uphold their Constitutional oath and put it above any MAGA cheerleading and support for any further nonsense from that crowd.  It's unfortunate that it has to be issued, but there is a concern that there are people in the service that put their idolatry of Trump above the country.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, txfilmfan said:

What this is is a memo to all servicemembers that they must uphold their Constitutional oath and put it above any MAGA cheerleading and support for any further nonsense from that crowd.  It's unfortunate that it has to be issued, but there is a concern that there are people in the service that put their idolatry of Trump above the country.

Yea,  very unfortunate the Joint Chief of Staff felt such a statement was necessary (but I'm glad they had the courage and foresight to issue it).

Reminds me of this film;   I assume there are more patriots like the guy on the right,  then traitors like the guy on the left.    Oh,  and when Nipkow discusses this film he always says it ended the wrong way!       

Seven Days In May (1964) – Suddenly, a shot rang out …

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

President Trump committed a high Crime and Misdemeanor against the Nation by inciting an insurrection at the Capitol in an attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 Presidential Election.

The facts establish that he is unfit to remain in office a single day longer and warrant the immediate impeachment of President Trump.

House is expected to impeach Trump for record SECOND time today after Pence refuses to invoke 25th Amendment despite 223-205 House vote: GOP No.3 Liz Cheney leads Republicans backing impeachment as Mitch McConnell calls for President to be 'purged'

The House passed a resolution urging Vice President Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment removing President Donald Trump from power despite Pence sending a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi earlier Tuesday saying he'll refused. In a vote that wrapped up around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, the House voted 223-205 to approve the resolution, which can't actually force the vice president's hand. Then, on Wednesday, the House Democrats will try to impeach Trump for a second time over his role in last Wednesday's Capitol Hill riot. At least five House Republicans are expected join. 'I do not believe that such a course of action is in the best interest of our Nation or consistent with the Constitution,' Pence said in his letter to Pelosi, refusing to pull the trigger on the 25th. 'Last week, I did not yield to pressure to exert beyond my constitutional authority to determine the outcome of the election, and I will not now yield to efforts in the House of Representatives to play political games at a time so serious in the life of our Nation,' Pence added. Pence's letter came as the House was holding procedural votes on the resolution. No Republicans joined on until the final vote - with Rep. Adam Kinzinger joining Democrats in the push to have Pence to use the 25th. Kinzinger also said he'll vote for impeachment. Rep. Jamie Raskin (bottom right) penned the 25th Amendment resolution the House voted in favor of Tuesday while Rep. Jim Jordan (inset second bottom right), an Ohio Republican, criticized the Democrats' effort to have Vice President Mike Pence utilize the 25th Amendment.

• Thanks 1

z8InKK69_bigger.jpg

Here's how the GOP game works: By claiming calls for Trump's removal threaten "unity," Republicans are spinning the idea that our problem is *generalized division.* In reality, it's anti-democratic forces waging violent warfare on pro-democratic ones: https://washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/12/republicans-must-unambiguously-admit-that-trumps-lies-threaten-more-violence/

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

People have seen American Military reconnoitering in the air around Scotland.

The source of that was a report in a newspaper that Prestwick Airport near Glasgow had been briefed to expect U.S. military aircraft arriving on January 19.  There was speculation at that time that Trump would spend time immediately after the inauguration at his club in Scotland.  At that point, the Scottish first minister Nicola Sturgeon said Trump would not be allowed into Scotland due to COVID restrictions, as his travel would be considered non-essential.

8 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

10 Republicans voted for impeachment.

Trump now becomes the only president ever impeached TWICE - and a one term president at that.  He can make a new fake Time magazine cover of that.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

-impeachment vote was 232 in favor and 197 against

He was impeached for 'incitement of insurrection'

10 House Republicans voted to impeach President Trump:

• Rep. Gonzalez (OH)
• Rep. Meijer (MI)
• Rep. Upton (MI)
• Rep. Cheney (WY)
• Rep. Katko (NY)
• Rep. Kinzinger (IL)
• Rep. Rice (SC)
• Rep. Herrera Beutler (WA)
• Rep. Newhouse (WA)
• Rep. Valadao (CA)
On 1/12/2021 at 11:53 AM, jamesjazzguitar said:

I still say there is a 50 \ 50 chance Trump seeks asylum in a foreign country.  

Russia!

• NipkowDisc changed the title to Donald Trump, the best U.S. President anyone has ever seen, Acquitted a 2nd time