Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Trump Impeachment(s)

10 House Republicans voted to impeach Trump. Here’s what they said

Politics Jan 13, 2021 5:59 PM EST

After the violent attack on the U.S. Capitol last week, Democratic lawmakers who blamed President Donald Trump for inciting the insurrection pushed for a quick impeachment in the final days of presidency. But unlike the first time Trump was impeached, some Republican members joined the call.

Ten House Republicans ultimately voted to impeach President Donald Trump on Wednesday, including the party’s third-ranking House member, Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo. The measure was approved 232-197 and Trump became the first U.S. president in history to be impeached twice.

“There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution,” Cheney wrote Tuesday in a statement. ............

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/10-house-republicans-voted-to-impeach-trump-h

• Like 1

Trump Faces a Trial in the Senate: Here's How it Will Work

".........Some legal experts have told NBC News that the Senate could proceed with a trial even after Trump leaves office.

What have Senate Republicans said?

McConnell told colleagues in a note on Wednesday that he remained undecided on whether he would vote on conviction of the president. 

“While the press has been full of speculation, I have not made a final decision on how I will vote and I intend to listen to the legal arguments when they are presented to the Senate,” McConnell wrote to his colleagues.

McConnell broke with Trump over the electoral challenge to the election results, warning of “death spiral” for democracy. .......

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/national-international/trump-faces-a-possible-second-impeachment-heres-how-it-would-work/2413828/?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand

:unsure:

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

10 House Republicans voted to impeach Trump. Here’s what they said

Politics Jan 13, 2021 5:59 PM EST

After the violent attack on the U.S. Capitol last week, Democratic lawmakers who blamed President Donald Trump for inciting the insurrection pushed for a quick impeachment in the final days of presidency. But unlike the first time Trump was impeached, some Republican members joined the call.

Ten House Republicans ultimately voted to impeach President Donald Trump on Wednesday, including the party’s third-ranking House member, Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo. The measure was approved 232-197 and Trump became the first U.S. president in history to be impeached twice.

“There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution,” Cheney wrote Tuesday in a statement. ............

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/10-house-republicans-voted-to-impeach-trump-h

Republican Rep. Valadao on his vote:
"Based on the facts before me, I have to go with my gut and vote my conscience.
I voted to impeach Pres. Trump.

His inciting rhetoric was un-American, abhorrent, and absolutely an impeachable offense. It's time to put country over politics."
==========================================

“I have backed this President through thick and thin for four years. I campaigned for him and voted for him twice. But, this utter failure is inexcusable," 
Rep. Tom Rice (R-S.C.) said.
  • Like 1

Lindsey Graham slams Mitch McConnell for backing impeachment in bitter public split day after traveling with Donald Trump claiming trial will 'invite further violence'

37966862-0-image-a-40_1610563000643.jpg

Lindsey Graham slammed Mitch McConnell and other Republican leaders in the Senate on Wednesday as the House began debate to impeach President Donald Trump a second time.

Trump's impeachment defense is already in crisis with personal attorney Rudy Giuliani named in evidence for 'trial by combat' speech to MAGA rally and Alan Dershowitz ruling himself out of second Senate appearance

37980316-0-image-a-7_1610586581458.jpg

Donald Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani, who has led Trump's legal effort to overturn the election results, is expected to head his legal effort as the impeachment trial approaches in the Senate.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Donald Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani, who has led Trump's legal effort to overturn the election results, is expected to head his legal effort as the impeachment trial approaches in the Senate.

But will Trump pay his bills?

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Lindsey Graham slams Mitch McConnell for backing impeachment in bitter public split day after traveling with Donald Trump claiming trial will 'invite further violence'

37966862-0-image-a-40_1610563000643.jpg

Lindsey Graham slammed Mitch McConnell and other Republican leaders in the Senate on Wednesday as the House began debate to impeach President Donald Trump a second time.

Trump's impeachment defense is already in crisis with personal attorney Rudy Giuliani named in evidence for 'trial by combat' speech to MAGA rally and Alan Dershowitz ruling himself out of second Senate appearance

Word is that Lindsey had a complete meltdown in lockdown and started screaming and yelling at the Capitol Police.

What a coward.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Word is that Lindsey had a complete meltdown in lockdown and started screaming and yelling at the Capitol Police.

What a coward.

Hey, he's a decorated Air Force Reserve colonel.  But I agree with you.

3 hours ago, ElCid said:

Hey, he's a decorated Air Force Reserve colonel.  But I agree with you.

Wasn't he a lawyer in the Air Force?

3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Wasn't he a lawyer in the Air Force?

Yes, JAG.  When his parents died, he became guardian for his younger siblings.  Joined the USAF to get medical coverage for them and then stayed in reserves.

3 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Yes, JAG.  When his parents died, he became guardian for his younger siblings.  Joined the USAF to get medical coverage for them and then stayed in reserves.

And was decorated?  Just for his service I gather.

I have my father's service medals for being in the RAF in WWII but as far as I can tell they were given to everyone in the service.  Though his pilot did win the DFS.  A week later my father who was a tail gunner was the only survivor in the crew when his plane crashed.

31 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

And was decorated?  Just for his service I gather.

I have my father's service medals for being in the RAF in WWII but as far as I can tell they were given to everyone in the service.  Though his pilot did win the DFS.  A week later my father who was a tail gunner was the only survivor in the crew when his plane crashed.

You can get lots of decorations just for being in or going someplace.   He did get a bronze star right before he retired.  He served in Iraq off and on as a JAG officer, probably at Air Force HQ there.  They lumped his 3 or 4 annual training trips into sufficient reasoning to give him one.  Annual training is the official name for what people call "summer camp."  Generally it is two to three weeks, but could be a couple of weeks longer.

Here we go again.  Evangelicals liken Trump to Jesus Christ.

Pro-Trump evangelical preacher Franklin Graham says the 10 Republicans who voted to impeach the president were like Judas who received 'thirty pieces of silver from Pelosi'

38066350-0-image-a-1_1610748983873.jpg

Franklin Graham, son of the late Rev. Billy Graham, compared the 10 Republican lawmakers who voted in favor of impeachment on Wednesday to Judas, who betrayed Jesus Christ.

• Haha 2

"he may be guilty but he has a right to tell his story and the moment we forget that, gentlemen, we are in deadly peril."  -MacArthur, the Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell

• Haha 1

PIERS MORGAN: How can any of the Capitol rioters be prosecuted if the man who inspired them goes free? Republican senators must do their duty and convict Donald Trump

PIERS MORGAN: How can the Capitol rioters be prosecuted if the man who inspired them goes

In just 12 months, Donald Trump's gone from a man heading for comfortable re-election to the worst president in US history with the lowest outgoing approval rating ever recorded. Tomorrow morning, in an act of spectacular gracelessness even by his very low standards, humiliated Trump will slink out of office and flee Washington without bothering to attend Joe Biden's inauguration or greet him for the traditional handover on the steps of the White House. I doubt the Bidens give a monkey's cuss if he's there or not. And nor should they, because Trump's presidency is ending in a blaze of shame and ignominy that threatens to contaminate anyone who comes within a hundred metres of him. As he leaves though, there remains the very important question of what should now happen to him. It's been a febrile debate that's raged intensely since the US Capitol riots on January 6 and been fuelled by the House of Representatives launching another impeachment charge at him, the first time any president has ever been impeached twice. His trial in the Senate won't take place until after he's gone, so it won't be an instrument to remove him from office. But what it can be is an instrument to hold him properly to account for what happened at the Capitol and to potentially bar him from ever running for president again. In my opinion, Trump should be convicted.

• Like 1

Bill Barr says Trump's election fraud claims 'precipitated' Capitol riot in his first TV interview since resigning as Attorney General 

Former Attorney General Bill Barr has said that Donald Trump's allegations of election fraud and his claims that the Presidency was 'stolen' from him 'precipitated' the DC riots, in his first television interview since resigning. Barr, who also served as attorney general under President George W Bush, said that the 'emergence of violence in the political process' was one of his concerns during his second spell in the office. Barr left office in December after serving as attorney general under the Trump administration for more than year, following a public fallout with the president (pictured bottom inset during a 'Save America' rally outside the White House, in the hours leading up to the Capitol riots).

• Thanks 1

Mitch McConnell offers to delay Donald Trump's impeachment trial for two weeks to give ex-president time to prepare a defense - as he FINALLY finds a lawyer to take his case 

Donald Trump 'struggles to get lawyers for Senate impeachment trial'

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell will ask Democrats to delay the start of Donald Trump's impeachment trial until early February to give the former president's legal team time to prepare a defense. McConnell revealed his plans on a phone call with Republican senators Thursday.  Republican Senator Mike Braun of Indiana said McConnell confirmed Trump had finally hired a lawyer and discussions had started regarding the trial procedure.

It is not an impeachment trial; Trump has already been impeached for the second time.  When Nancy Pelosi sends the Article of Impeachment from the House to the Senate, then the Senate will have a trial to determine whether or not to Convict.

• Like 1
  • NipkowDisc changed the title to Donald Trump, the best U.S. President anyone has ever seen, Acquitted a 2nd time