Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bogie56

The Trump Impeachment(s)

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

romney would suck the sweat off a dead dog's bleeps.

:D

 

Do you want Bolton to give testimony in the Senate as part of the Trump trial ? He was present in the Oval Office for much of the Ukraine related activity and clearly has something to say.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TomJH said:

Do you want Bolton to give testimony in the Senate as part of the Trump trial ? He was present in the Oval Office for much of the Ukraine related activity and clearly has something to say.

I believe Nipkow is too busy imagining necro-beast-ial (censor) sex acts including Republican senators to answer that question with any depth or insight.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nip,

So, you keep refusing to answer the question posed to you.  You are just like the GOP senators, indicating there is no testimony from first hand sources directly implicating Trump’s crimes, but when the possibility of getting it is there, you don’t want to know about it.

....too bad your only comments have to do with ****.  Nothing in the way of an intelligent answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Nip,

So, you keep refusing to answer the question posed to you.  You are just like the GOP senators, indicating there is no testimony from first hand sources directly implicating Trump’s crimes, but when the possibility of getting it is there, you don’t want to know about it.

....too bad your only comments have to do with ****.  Nothing in the way of an intelligent answer.

Movie Madness ducked the same question on another thread, as well. It seems that Trump supporters are either not interested in the truth or are afraid of it. Better to just throw sticks and stones instead. It speaks volumes about how truly innocent of the charges they really think Trump is. But when you're part of a cult you don't care about the truth regarding the Chosen One,  just following him.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a waste of time to ask these rabid Trump lovers any specific questions.      That is like expecting Trump to tell the truth!

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just heard upchuck schumer try to lecture the country on the supreme fairness of them having their witnesses permitted to testify to help build a legitimate case after the kangaroo BS of the house...

after Schiff and fathead gonad refused to allow any witness requested by the house gop members to testify....

and schumer hopes for fairness from mcconnell???

:lol:

the democrats are sick!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I just heard upchuck schumer try to lecture the country on the supreme fairness of them having their witnesses permitted to testify to help build a legitimate case after the kangaroo BS of the house...

after Schiff and fathead gonad refused to allow any witness requested by the house gop members to testify....

and schumer hopes for fairness from mcconnell???

:lol:

the democrats are sick!

 

More sticks and stones. As well as a hypocritical refusal to answer the question  as to whether one of Trump's own men, John Bolton, should give testimony. What are you afraid of, Nip? The truth?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TomJH said:

More sticks and stones. As well as a hypocritical refusal to answer the question  as to whether one of Trump's own men, John Bolton, should give testimony. What are you afraid of, Nip? The truth?

yeah! I'm bonny with Donny.

:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

romney would suck the sweat off a dead dog's bleeps.

:D

 

That's part of the reason he lost in 2012. He spent too much time doing that instead of being

out on the campaign trail. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

That's part of the reason he lost in 2012. He spent too much time doing that instead of being

out on the campaign trail. 

As much as Nipkow hates Obama he might be happy that Romney lost since if he had won,  the odds are high there would be no Trump.   Trump wouldn't have challenged Romney an  incumbent ,  in the 2016 GOP primary.     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

As much as Nipkow hates Obama he might be happy that Romney lost since if he had won,  the odds are high there would be no Trump.   Trump wouldn't have challenged Romney an  incumbent ,  in the 2016 GOP primary.     

 

Very likely. Trump could have run in 2024, but he'd be 78 years old and there would be a whole new

collection of candidates. I still wonder if Romney will actually vote for new witnesses. Of course if he

knows he's the only Republican who will do so, it won't make a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump administration violated the law by withholding Ukraine aid, Government Accountability Office says

The government watchdog found that the money was withheld "for a policy reason, which is not permitted under the Impoundment Control Act."

 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/ukraine-aid-hold-violated-law-government-accountability-office-n1117031?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

<_<

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Very likely. Trump could have run in 2024, but he'd be 78 years old and there would be a whole new

collection of candidates. I still wonder if Romney will actually vote for new witnesses. Of course if he

knows he's the only Republican who will do so, it won't make a difference.

Romney isn't up for re-election until 2024 and he will be 76 so he might retire by then.      I assume he isn't fond of Trump (you think!),  so yea,  he might just do the right thing and at the same time stick it to Trump as payback for all the very nasty things Trump has said about him.     

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Romney isn't up for re-election until 2024 and he will be 76 so he might retire by then.      I assume he isn't fond of Trump (you think!),  so yea,  he might just do the right thing and at the same time stick it to Trump as payback for all the very nasty things Trump has said about him.     

 

 

Yeah, I'm sure Mitt remembers all the nasty things Trump has said about him. He will be happy to stick the knife

into Donny, though in a subdued, gentlemanly manner.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Yeah, I'm sure Mitt remembers all the nasty things Trump has said about him. He will be happy to stick the knife

into Donny, though in a subdued, gentlemanly manner.

But Ted Cruz is being as spineless and slimy as ever coming out strongly against the impeachment before it has even started.  And Trump said a lot worse about Lyin' Ted and his wife and father.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

But Ted Cruz is being as spineless and slimy as ever coming out strongly against the impeachment before it has even started.  And Trump said a lot worse about Lyin' Ted and his wife and father.

It's got to be because they are all implicated in one way or another, if Trump goes down they all go down.  

z9SK7jZ.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are GOPers like Ted Cruz and Lindsay Graham, among so many others, able to look in the mirror after their past interactions with Trump and their now obsequious behaviour as they genuflect before him? Yeh, I know, it's their political survivor instincts kicking in, but seeing guys like these sell their souls is political crassness at its stomach turning worst.

I look forward to the post Trump era, not just for the departure of Trump himself, but to see how these double dealing sycophants of his try to rationalize their behaviour during this period. I also look forward to seeing many of them vanish into some oozing political bog never to be heard of again, except when historians refer to them as the Trump lap dogs that they were.

But let's be honest. These cringing political creatures wouldn't be selling out if it wasn't for the fierce loyalty of the Trump base. They are as much a part of this divisive, tumultuous period in the American political landscape as is their Exploiter-in-Chief in the Oval Office. Even after Trump is gone the dissatisfied anti-establishment outsider base (with a lot of racism mixed in) that he so cunningly manipulated will still be there to be conned/embraced by other bigots and charlatans. This sad negative chapter in American history will not end when Donald Trump (undoubtedly screaming) finally departs from the scene.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomJH said:

I look forward to the post Trump era, not just for the departure of Trump himself, but to see how these double dealing sycophants of his try to rationalize their behaviour during this period. I also look forward to seeing many of them vanish into some oozing political bog never to be heard of again, except when historians refer to them as the Trump lap dogs that they were.

I predict that is 20 years there with be something like a Highpointers Club, where  the goal will be to  **** on the grave of Twump and of every one of sycophants.  It would be like doing a pilgrimage, we just got to figure out  who to include besides Barr, Nunes, Graham, etc., etc.

P.O.T.  Club

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TomJH said:

How are GOPers like Ted Cruz and Lindsay Graham, among so many others, able to look in the mirror after their past interactions with Trump and their now obsequious behaviour as they genuflect before him? Yeh, I know, it's their political survivor instincts kicking in, but seeing guys like these sell their souls is political crassness at its stomach turning worst.

I look forward to the post Trump era, not just for the departure of Trump himself, but to see how these double dealing sycophants of his try to rationalize their behaviour during this period. I also look forward to seeing many of them vanish into some oozing political bog never to be heard of again, except when historians refer to them as the Trump lap dogs that they were.

But let's be honest. These cringing political creatures wouldn't be selling out if it wasn't for the fierce loyalty of the Trump base. They are as much a part of this divisive, tumultuous period in the American political landscape as is their Exploiter-in-Chief in the Oval Office. Even after Trump is gone the dissatisfied anti-establishment outsider base (with a lot of racism mixed in) that he so cunningly manipulated will still be there to be conned/embraced by other bigots and charlatans. This sad negative chapter in American history will not end when Donald Trump (undoubtedly screaming) finally departs from the scene.

Your last paragraph answers your question.  Their bases elected them and support them in their current support of Trump no matter what.  I don't expect there to be any repercussions for 90% of those elected officials, state and national, who support Trump.  They will continue to be re-elected or elected to different positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

But Ted Cruz is being as spineless and slimy as ever coming out strongly against the impeachment before it has even started.  And Trump said a lot worse about Lyin' Ted and his wife and father.

Yeah, you'd think anyone with a modicum of self-respect would not support someone who said such things

about his family, but Cruz couldn't wait to suck up to Donny once he became the nominee. Sadly, a lot of pols

are like this, in both parties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

House Democrats may call new impeachment witnesses if Senate doesn't

...............But it’s likely to gain favor with committee leaders, he said, if Senate Republicans deny new and willing witnesses a voice.  


“They have their eye on it,” Johnson said.

Rep. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.), chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, which had some jurisdiction over Trump's impeachment, stopped just short of saying Democrats would summon relevant witnesses if the Senate does not. But he left the door wide open to doing so, vowing that Democrats will charge ahead with their Ukrainian investigation “if we're feeling that we're being played and that they're not being forthcoming with the truth.”.......

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/478843-house-democrats-may-call-new-impeachment-witnesses-if-senate-doesnt

:unsure:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
NEWS: McConnell’s impeachment procedures resolution, obtained by

, allows: —24 hours (but no more than 2 trial days) per side for opening arguments

—16 hours for senators’ questioning

—4-hour debate, then a vote, on whether to consider witnesses or new info

IF witnesses are called, they must first be deposed

— “and the Senate shall decide after deposition which witnesses shall testify.”

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McConnell lays out rules for Trump's Senate trial, allowing for vote on witnesses, documents

Opening arguments begin Wednesday on a compressed timeline.

 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/new-details-emerge-about-trump-s-senate-trial-democrats-protest-n1118801?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np

 
Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) quickly pushed back and vowed to force votes on amendments.
 
“Sen. McConnell’s resolution is nothing short of a national disgrace,” Schumer said in a statement Monday afternoon........
argues that forcing House managers to cram their opening arguments into a two-day window will force them to present on the Senate floor well into the evening and possibly past midnight.
 
The House managers will be allowed to begin their arguments 1 p.m. Wednesday. 
 
“McConnell’s resolution stipulates that key facts be delivered in the wee hours of the night simply because he doesn’t want the American people to hear them,” Schumer said.
 
If the Senate votes at the end of phase one against subpoenaing witnesses, then it will not be possible to consider additional motions on specific witnesses, according to McConnell’s resolution.
 
The Senate will vote on the resolution Tuesday......

 

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/479071-house-managers-trump-team-will-have-24-hours-over-two-days-to-make-arguments

:unsure:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...