Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LornaHansonForbes

Dayum, CRITICS are SPITTING FIRE over CATS: THE MOVIE

First, I admire anyone who resurrects the word "eldritch" and employs it properly.

The first reviewer could have done better with this:    "Cats pounces into theaters this Friday."

How about:  "Like the feline proffering a half-dead quivering rodent in its jaws for the potential delight of its awaiting humans,  the soon to expire Cats is dropped at your door."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roy Cronin said:

First, I admire anyone who resurrects the word "eldritch" and employs it properly.

The first reviewer could have done better with this:    "Cats pounces into theaters this Friday."

How about:  "Like the feline proffering a half-dead quivering rodent in its jaws for the potential delight of its awaiting humans,  the soon to expire Cats is dropped at your door."

There really is no occasion quite as special as when HOLLYWOOD drops A FILM SO UNIQUELY MISGUIDED  in the collective lap of AMERICA and we, as a county, manage to come together over at least ONE THING and be like "NAH, WE'RE GOOD."

This might actually be what starts the NATIONAL UNIFYING PROCESS- THE BREAKING OF COMMON GROUND!

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

There really is no occasion quite as special as when HOLLYWOOD drops A FILM SO UNIQUELY MISGUIDED  in the collective lap of AMERICA and we, as a county, manage to come together over at least ONE THING and be like "NAH, WE'RE GOOD."

This might actually be what starts the NATIONAL UNIFYING PROCESS- THE BREAKING OF COMMON GROUND!

Well, MY county(Wayne County, MI)  couldn't care less.  Whoever likes it, fine.  And whoever doesn't, that's fine too.  ;) 

Now, some will automatically like the movie because they've been led to believe by dozens of gushing critics who loved the play that they're supposed to.  As they are anything with "music" composed by ANDREW VOID BLUBBER.  

Sepiatone

I had  no interest in seeing it, even less now! LOL. Why did they wait so long to do a movie version? It's been old news for a long time.

7 minutes ago, Hibi said:

I had  no interest in seeing it, even less now! LOL. Why did they wait so long to do a movie version? It's been old news for a long time.

Now that I’ve heard what a TRAINWRECK it is, I’m interested. 
(I have issues)

1 minute ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Now that I’ve heard what a TRAINWRECK it is, I’m interested. 
(I have issues)

LOL. ENJOY! Report back to us......

23 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Why did they wait so long to do a movie version?

I think I read there was an attempt at an animated version in the '90s.

The backlash has been really harsh ever since the first trailer came out months and months ago.

As if they don't have enough to deal with already, opening on the same day as Star Wars seems to be financial suicide.

• Thanks 1

Great planning. Almost like they want the film to be forgotten. LOL. Well, I guess it'll be a good tax write off. And who knows? It might do well overseas.

16 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

The backlash has been really harsh ever since the first trailer came out months and months ago.

As if they don't have enough to deal with already, opening on the same day as Star Wars seems to be financial suicide.

The news cycle of the past so many years has been so ***utterly horrible*** That I have come to really enjoy 1. Celebrity scandals and 2. POP CULTURE BACKLASH Not solely because they are a welcome distraction – even though they are – but because I’m like that hag in “the Princess bride”, the only happiness I’ve come to know is Via the pure joy that comes from watching someone other than me fail horribly- And deservedly- at something

• Like 1

Just now, Hibi said:

Great planning. Almost like they want the film to be forgotten. LOL. Well, I guess it'll be a good tax write off. And who knows? It might do well overseas.

I bet it’s huge in Japan. 

5 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I bet it’s huge in Japan. 

LOL!

3 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

This article was amazing. 

I think my favorite part was either "nipples to the sky" or the last sentence in the article: "At the end of the day, one wonders whether Hooper has even spent much time around cats."

9 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

The news cycle of the past so many years has been so ***utterly horrible*** That I have come to really enjoy 1. Celebrity scandals and 2. POP CULTURE BACKLASH Not solely because they are a welcome distraction – even though they are – but because I’m like that hag in “the Princess bride”, the only happiness I’ve come to know is Via the pure joy that comes from watching someone other than me fail horribly- And deservedly- at something

BOOO! BOOOO! Rubbish! Filth! Slime! The Queen of Putrescence! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, speedracer5 said:

BOOO! BOOOO! Rubbish! Filth! Slime! The Queen of Putrescence! 

It’s “PYUUUUUUUUUUUTRESCENCE!!!!”,

but yes. 
God Bless her, I really do think she’s the best character in the movie, and it’s not a movie that lacks for great characters.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

This article was amazing. 

I think my favorite part was either "nipples to the sky" or the last sentence in the article: "At the end of the day, one wonders whether Hooper has even spent much time around cats."

It is hard to get “nipples to the sky” out of your mind isn’t it? 

• Haha 1

I don't even really know Cats except that I know of Cats.  It just seems so bizarre.

If anything, maybe this movie will do the world a favor and put the kibosh on Taylor Swift: The Actress.  She's over-exposed as it is, I don't need to see her in movies too. I wonder which cat she'll date, break up with, and write a song about this time.

The cats themselves are just so weird.  They have human faces, but cat bodies and cat ears. 

Why do the female cats have human breasts? 

I saw CATS on broadway in NYC in 1992 (the Winter Garden?)

I did not then nor do I now have any clue as to what the hell it’s all about.