Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paulll

Would you rather? Celebrity/Movie/TV/Theatre Edition

This could be a fun little game about which celebrity would you rather and fill in the blank (date, talk to, shop with, etc.). You pick one of the options the poster above chose and say why. Then you leave two new choices for the next poster. 

Would you rather date Gregory Peck or Cary Grant?

Why? 

Gregory Peck, love the furrowed brow and slight eyebrow raises!

Any takers - Vivien Leigh or Tippi Hedren and why? 

• Thanks 1

Vivien Leigh.  Tippi is a dud.   My favorite part of "Marnie" is when Sean Connery slaps her.

Next:  Sean Connery or Roger Moore?

• Haha 2

Always always Roger Moore-- his 007 was sexy, but still had time to be amusing and charming.

Roger was the most sophisticated James Bond we ever had.

*Who would you like to research a book on: Bette Davis or Joan Crawford?

*Caveat-- This means you have to spend a lot of one-on-one time with the subject.

• Thanks 2

Bette Davis, she seemed to be such a fascinating woman. To hear stories about her different film sets would be interesting and I feel she would have been a good role model for people who need self confidence. 

Next: Which Rat Packer, Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra would you rather travel to Vegas with? Why?

• Like 1

Dino...certainly the more easy going.  Most bios say the constant drinking bit was just part of the show.  Sinatra has that revenge/underworld/ego side that's pretty unpleasant.

Who would you rather sit next to on a long flight...Oscar Levant or Robert Benchley?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paulll said:

Bette Davis, she seemed to be such a fascinating woman. To hear stories about her different film sets would be interesting and I feel she would have been a good role model for people who need self confidence. 

Next: Which Rat Packer, Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra would you rather travel to Vegas with? Why?

Sammy Davis jr.-- You said which rat packer! Frank got some dance lessons from Gene Kelly but he couldn't dance like Sammy. LOL

So I'll have to say Frank because wherever Frank was Sammy wasn't far behind. And Frank was still the best singer of the whole group.

• Like 1

I can go on to say I've always wanted to meet Oscar Levant. Not just because he was a great pianist but also because he was a great raconteur. And he seemed to know all the important artists of the post-world War II era-- classical musicians, singers, dancers, Hollywood movie stars-- Oscar had a story about each and every one, Even Max Factor.

Next:

Who would you like to have a wardrobe designed by:

Adrian or Orry-Kelly?

• Like 2

You really can't go wrong with either designer. I've been looking at designs by both and it's hard to decide but I'm going with Adrian.  His designs seem a little more tailored and structured.     Either way, it's a major upgrade from my current wardrobe.  

Image result for best costume designs by adrian        

Next:   Go to a concert of music by Bernard Hermann or Elmer Bernstein?

• Like 2

Well this is a toughie. When I was a kid I had all of Elmer Bernstein's records.

But I grew up and now I have Bernard Hermann's CDs.

My favorite movie score is "Vertigo".

So with apologies to Frankie Machine oh, I'll have to go with Bernard Herrmann. LOL.

Next is your favorite cinematographer--

James Wong Howe or Ted Tetzlaff

• Like 2

James Wong Howe, because I love This Property is Condemned (1966), Fire Over England (1937) and Bell Book and Candle (1958). But Ted Tetzlaff has some wonderful movies too. Ergo, it was close. 

Next: would you rather be friends with Elizabeth Taylor or Debbie Reynolds (circa the Eddie Fisher scandal)

• Like 1

Debbie---I bet she would really dish the dirt when reporters weren't around.  Liz was so, cough cough, sick and helpless then...and she probably wouldn't let me borrow any jewelry

next--who would be the better next door neighbor, Walter Matthau or Jack Lemmon?

• Like 1

Jack Lemmon. I love Jack Lemmon. Even if he were being a grumpy old man, it would be so cool to live next door to him. I would just keep telling him to "Push the button!" Lol!! 

Next: this is a toughie question, who would be the better mother figure, Donna Reed or Doris Day? 

Donna Reed because I remember her with her own children.

Next:

How much longer gives you the most confidence if you are on trial for murder--

Matlock or Perry Mason?

• Like 1

Perry Mason, with Paul and Della in tow you couldn't lose. If you needed help keeping your house and or kids in order who's the better candidate, Hazel or Alice

• Like 1

Alice because she can keep up with six kids and keep that big house spotless.  

Next:  If you had to choose to watch only movies from MGM or Warner Brothers for a year which would you choose?

• Like 1

MGM because I like their production values and I love their musicals and their musical star: Judy.

Next:

If you could choose between French or Italian Cinema, which would you choose and why?

Truffaut or Fellini?

• Like 1

French.   I've certainly seen more French movies than Italian.  I'm not an expert but it seems like they have a bigger pool of good movies from different directors.  (Grand Illusion, La Belle et la Bete, Diabolique, 400 Blows...)  Also,  I can't remember when I've seen a new Italian movie but the French seem to come up with interesting ones that make it to our local theater.   I'd probably pick Truffaut over Fellini.  

Next:   Would you rather go to the prom with Wally Cleaver or Greg Brady?  

• Like 2

No contest here. Wally Cleaver was the epitome of what a big brother should be. But Tony Dow is also not just an actor, playing a part but he was the real deal.

When he went into "Leave it to Beaver" he had the option of becoming an Olympic diver instead. So his athleticism was real and today he is an accomplished artist and writer.

Next: 

Which Hollywood tough guy was tougher--

Cagney or Bogart?

• Like 2

Definitely Cagney. He was a real life tough guy born in Hell's Kitchen. The Dead End Kids bullied Bogart, but Cagney smacked one of them (Leo Gorcey) silly and they gave him no trouble.

Who would rather kiss- Linda Darnell or Diana Dors?

• Like 1

If I were so inclined, I'd pick Linda Darnell.  I prefer brunettes, I guess.

Next:  Would you rather be a contestant on Password or Jeopardy?

• Like 1

Jeopardy because I like to answer questions. LOL

NEXT: 

Do you prefer swashbuckler Errol Flynn or swashbuckler Tyrone Power?

• Like 2

Errol Flynn,he seemed the most skilled at fencing.

Next=

Who would you rather have a drink with- Richard Burton or Lee Marvin?

• Like 2

No contest here--

Richard Burton was the prince of players and was the kind of man women wanted to spend time with.

Next:

Would you rather watch a Masterpiece Theater type program like Downton Abbey or a Law & Order type program?

• Like 2

Probably Masterpiece Theater as long as it was well done.  Downton veered off into a soap opera sometimes (Mr. Bates going to jail).  I do like an occasional old Law & Order, though.

Next:  Would you rather watch The The Munsters or The Addams Family ?