Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would you rather? Celebrity/Movie/TV/Theatre Edition

2 hours ago, Peebs said:

Probably Masterpiece Theater as long as it was well done.  Downton veered off into a soap opera sometimes (Mr. Bates going to jail).  I do like an occasional old Law & Order, though.

Next:  Would you rather watch The The Munsters or The Addams Family ?

( I love " Downton ".  But when the Bates Saga started going on for two or three years I used to turn off the volume for TV or fast forward on the DVDs.)

I watched "The Munsters" because I knew Fred Gwynne and Al Lewis from "Car 54" and I liked the silly musical theme.

Next: "Sgt Bilko" or "Hogan's Heroes"?

• Like 1

Hogan's Heroes because I remember watching it in  reruns as a kid vs. Sgt Bilko never seemed to be on.   

Next:  If you were Lorretta Young's character in "Rachel and the Stranger" would you choose Robert Mitchum's Jim  or William Holden's Big Davey ?

William Holden. Both are very attractice men, but I feel like William Holden always appeared more friendly and approachable. 

Next: If you had to watch a family comedy show titled "The (actor name here) Show" which would you pick - The Andy Griffith Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show or The Donna Reed Show? Why? 

The Dick Van Dyke Show.  The writing was so smart and funny, the cast had great chemistry, and it wasn't on too long.  The episodes are timeless.  I like the other two shows but I never get tired of The  DVD show. 

Next:  Which fictional location would you rather visit:  Oz or Willy Wonka's Factory or I'm going to throw in a third option, Brigadoon?

• Thanks 1

Oohhh. Good question! Brigadoon has Cyd Charisse, so that would be my second choice. I would pick Oz as number one, it is like another Disney World! Emerald City in Judy Garland's version was so pretty - I even bought the Alex and Ani bracelet for Emerald City (yup, I admit it!).  When I went to D.C. I HAD to see the Ruby Slippers which I did. The Wizard of Oz has lots of sentimentality for me.

Next: You are an Ancient Egyptian. Who would you want as your Cleopatra leader, Vivien Leigh (1945 version) or Elizabeth Taylor (1963 version)?

• Like 1

I'll say Vivien Leigh because her Caesar is Claude Rains.  As an ancient Egyptian, I might be afraid of Elizabeth Taylor's Cleopatra's going overbudget.

Next:  If you were in college would you rather hang out with the guys from "Animal House" or the ladies of "The Group"?  

• Like 2

Since I'm a guy, the ones from Animal House

Next who would you want to be walking with you in a tough neighborhood- Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood) or Popeye Doyle (Gene Hackman) from The French Connection?

• Like 1

Dirty Harry. I feel like Clint Eastwood could keep anybody safe!

Next: Which James Bond actor would you want to rescue you during one of his missions? (Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig)

• Like 1

Sean Connery.  The original, the best, IMO.  Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan looked good in a tux and delivered the quips but never seemed tough enough.  

Next:   Would you rather get a drink at "Cohans" from The Quiet Man or "Rick's Café Americain" 

• Like 1

Tough choice but I'd go with Bernard Hermann.  His score for Vertigo is so memorable and really compliments the mood of the film.

Next:  If you were Tracy Lord in The Philadelphia Story would you pick Cary Grant as  C.K. Dexter Haven or James Stewart as Mike McCauley?

• Like 2

Good question! Two of my favorite actors. As much as I love Jimmy Stewart, I have to go with Cary Grant as C.K. Dexter. If Cary Grant asked me on a date, I wouldn't hesitate for a millisecond. 

Next: Would you rather help Jessica Fletcher (Angela Lansbury) or Columbo (Peter Falk) solve a mystery?!

• Like 1

I'll say Andy Williams because I remember him on TV more than Como  but they both have very pleasant voices. They both always seemed like nice guys, too.  I hear them now mostly on the holidays.

Next:  Would you rather be interviewed by Dick Cavett or Johnny Carson?

• Like 1

I always preferred Dick Cavett's more cerebral approach to interviews, rather than Carson's juvenile smirky approach.

Next:

Which ethereal movie character(s) would you want to spend time with-

The ghostly couple in "Topper" or Harvey, a white 6ft rabbit?

• Like 1

The ghostly couple in Topper! Hanging out with Cary Grant and Marion Kerby would be fun I think.

Next: Which Alfred Hitcock film would you most want to have been cast in? Why? Befriending that cast of course. (This one is more open ended, instead of picking between 2).

To Catch a Thief--It would have been exciting to have Cary Grant show you Monte Carlo and introduce you to all of those great restaurants.

Next:

Would you have preferred to have been a Carole Lombard type actress or a Bette Davis type actress-- that is which of their principal roles suited you best ?

• Like 2

Bette Davis.  She played complex, interesting characters.  She wasn't afraid to look less than perfect.  While I like Lombard she's never been one of my favorites. 

Next:  If you could only watch movies from the 1930s or 1970s for a month which would you choose?

• Like 1

No contest here for me. The 1930s have always been my favorite decade and these films were the reason that I have an interest in cinema. ( Although I spent a lot of time in movie theaters in the 1970s. LOL)

If you had to pick just one genre of film for the rest of your life,

Would it be comedic or dramatic?

• Like 1

That's tough.  I think that I'd pick drama.  That would cover a lot of wonderful movies including Hitchcock, noir, and Bette Davis movies.   But then I'd miss out on all the great screwball comedies.  

Next:  Which newspaper reporter would you give your exclusive story to:   Peter Warne (from It Happened One Night) or  Joe Bradley (Roman Holiday)  or Hildy Johnson (His Girl Friday)?

Hildy had all the angles covered and plus she had something extra. LOL

Next:

Who would you rather investigate some grisly murders with--

"Midsomer Murders" Shakespearean Detective John Nettles or

Oxford's down -to -earth Inspector Lewis?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Both to be honest, at different times to see which method works more effectively.. Then I would make my decision!! 

Next: would you rather star in a 40s, 50s or 60s musical film?

(My first choice would be the 1930s-- at RKO with Fred& Ginger or at MGM with Ellie or tap dancing in a WB 42nd Street Musical.)

My second choice would be the 50s at MGM.

Next:

Would you rather be a big movie star now, or during the classic Studio era?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Steve McQueen! That would be awesome. His reputation as a race car driver precedes him.

Next:

Who would you rather dance with? Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly?