Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Hot, Wet Breath Of An Ape . . .

OK Darg,   Nothin' but love here for Shelly.  so no serious insult was intended.  and moving on......

What I remember most about SON OF KONG was wondering, seeing as there was only the ONE big ape on Skull Island, WHERE was the WOMAN Kong hidden?   And WHY did Kong's son  have WHITE fur?  Was the Mother Kong  a white ape too?  :D    And later, while passing a bong around with buddies while watching  late night TV's "The Ghoul" one Saturday night,  considering the possibility that it was THAT kind of ape that Johnny and Edgar Winter and their albino compatriots evolved from!  ;) 

Sepiatone

On 1/4/2020 at 12:49 PM, Dargo said:

Oh, c'mon now, Sepia! Why pick on poor Shelley here, and especially by using THIS performance of hers?!

(...and after so many years of playing the loud, obnoxious and unlovable type, and when she FINALLY does something HEROIC in one of her movies) ;)

There was a MAD magazine satire of "The Deep" (The Dip).  Scuba divers came upon the Posiedon   with Shelley looking through a porthole.  Someone said... Don't worry, she has enough air inside her to last another month.  :lol:

• Haha 1
  • 6 months later...

img?institutionId=0&user=0&id=275453478&

Yet another addition to this growing list of culturally significant film titles. Anyone got any others?

h35qxojhhpklhkzgeeui.jpg

Crash Corrigan would be so proud of us.

• Like 1

It's my been experience that whenever the shadow of an ape's hand falls over a woman as she sleeps in a film the odds are she will not have a good night's rest.

MurdersInTheRueMorgue23.png

Murder in the Rue Morgue (1932)

And I have to say that things didn't get a lot better for the ladies in the remake, Phantom of the Rue Morgue (1954)

Phantom-of-the-Rue-Morgue-1954-2.jpg

I have seen Son of Ingagi (1940) a number of times. Its connection to Ingagi (1930) is in name only. Son of Ingagi is actually a rarity in that it's the first horror film with an all Black cast; and the mad doctor is a woman. Spencer Williams, who later played Andy in Amos 'n' Andy, is in the cast.

220px-SonOfIngagi.jpg

son-of-ingagi-4.png

Son of Ingagi

I'd love to see Ingagi. It's said to be lost, but the Library of Congress evidently has a print. However, as it epitomizes the un-woke approach of its day and will probably never be shown. It did sort of inspire Merion C. Cooper to make King Kong.

28 minutes ago, Swithin said:

I have seen Son of Ingagi (1940) a number of times. Its connection to Ingagi (1930) is in name only. Son of Ingagi is actually a rarity in that it's the first horror film with an all Black cast; and the mad doctor is a woman. Spencer Williams, who later played Andy in Amos 'n' Andy, is in the cast.

220px-SonOfIngagi.jpg

son-of-ingagi-4.png

Son of Ingagi

I'd love to see Ingagi. It's said to be lost, but the Library of Congress evidently has a print. However, as it epitomizes the un-woke approach of its day and will probably never be shown. It did sort of inspire Merion C. Cooper to make King Kong.

So, any word if SON of Ingagi might have also "inspired" the Hollywood Argyles to make this hit 1957 novelty song...

(...nah, probably not, huh)  ;)

14 minutes ago, Dargo said:

So, any word if SON of Ingagi might have also "inspired" the Hollywood Argyles to make this hit 1957 novelty song..

Son of Ingagi had its own music. Check out the ten-minute point for the appearance and song by the Four Toppers:

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Swithin said:

Son of Ingagi had its own music. Check out the ten-minute point for the appearance and song by the Four Toppers:

And which now might beg the question: Who came first? The Ink Spots OR The Four Toppers here???

(...'cause they sure sounded a lot alike, wouldn't ya say?!)