Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was talking to my mother about a movie the other day that neither of us could remember the name of. Two girls move to New York and can only find a run down basement apartment to live in. There's a boxer that lives nearby, or in the same building. and one of them falls in love with them. She said that Ann Sheridan starred in it but i'm not sure. Can anyone help us out?!!

3 hours ago, bleak said:

I was talking to my mother about a movie the other day that neither of us could remember the name of. Two girls move to New York and can only find a run down basement apartment to live in. There's a boxer that lives nearby, or in the same building. and one of them falls in love with them. She said that Ann Sheridan starred in it but i'm not sure. Can anyone help us out?!!

My Sister Eileen is the movie. The 2 girls are sisters. The original version in 1942 starred Rosalind Russell as the older sister Ruth and Janet Blair as Eileen. The remake in 1955 starred Betty Garrett as Ruth and  Janet Leigh as Eileen. Jack Lemmon played Ruth's love interest in the remake.   Bob Fosse is Eileen's love interest in the remake.  Ruth is a writer, Eileen wants to be an actress . The boxer is a neighbor who is already married and not Ruth or Eileen's love interest., In the original he's played by Gordon Jones ( the cop in  the Abbott and Costello tv show) and in the remake he's played by Dick York ( Darren in Bewitched) The original is a comedy, the remake is a musical comedy.  Hope this helps.