Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
David Guercio

Sherlock Holmes

Recommended Posts

I was just thinking that a TCM Spotlight on Sherlock Holmes would be cool.  Then we could see the original Sherlock Holmes franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, David Guercio said:

I was just thinking that a TCM Spotlight on Sherlock Holmes would be cool.  Then we could see the original Sherlock Holmes franchise.

Glad to see someone likes silent films.      OH,  you did NOT mean this "original" franchise????

From 1921 to 1923, Eille Norwood played Holmes in forty-seven silent films (45 shorts and two features), in a series of performances that Conan Doyle spoke highly of.[2][

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the original Sherlock Holmes movies would be great for a TCM Spotlight.  I’m not sure who would host though.  Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, David Guercio said:

All the original Sherlock Holmes movies would be great for a TCM Spotlight.  I’m not sure who would host though.  Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

How about Jonny Lee Miller from Elementary?      I'm a fan of this show and both Miller and Lucy Lui.

image.jpeg.14d75035b639b72f9be8a42f2bbeef6a.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great idea.  He would be a really wonderful choice.  A really wonderful host and I think he would do a really wonderful job.  Wouldn’t he?  I watched that show on CBS too.  But I think only the first season.  I may have started to watch the second season.  Great show.  Wasn’t it and I was just thinking earlier.  Wasn’t the original Sherlock Holmes actually the voice of Basel in Disney’s The Adventures Of The Great Mouse Detective?  I know Vincent Price was Professor Rattigon and Alan Young was Olivia’s father.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Guercio said:

Wasn’t the original Sherlock Holmes actually the voice of Basel in Disney’s The Adventures Of The Great Mouse Detective?  I know Vincent Price was Professor Rattigon and Alan Young was Olivia’s father.

Y'know, I honestly opened the thread thinking this would be the first post?

(And, umm...no.  If, by "Original", you're limiting it to Basil Rathbone, they did use 40's archival audio for the offscreen  voice of human Holmes in one scene...Neataroonie!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...