Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
David Guercio

Sherlock Holmes

I was just thinking that a TCM Spotlight on Sherlock Holmes would be cool.  Then we could see the original Sherlock Holmes franchise.

17 hours ago, David Guercio said:

I was just thinking that a TCM Spotlight on Sherlock Holmes would be cool.  Then we could see the original Sherlock Holmes franchise.

Glad to see someone likes silent films.      OH,  you did NOT mean this "original" franchise????

From 1921 to 1923, Eille Norwood played Holmes in forty-seven silent films (45 shorts and two features), in a series of performances that Conan Doyle spoke highly of.[2][

All the original Sherlock Holmes movies would be great for a TCM Spotlight.  I’m not sure who would host though.  Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

19 minutes ago, David Guercio said:

All the original Sherlock Holmes movies would be great for a TCM Spotlight.  I’m not sure who would host though.  Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

How about Jonny Lee Miller from Elementary?      I'm a fan of this show and both Miller and Lucy Lui.

image.jpeg.14d75035b639b72f9be8a42f2bbeef6a.jpeg

Great idea.  He would be a really wonderful choice.  A really wonderful host and I think he would do a really wonderful job.  Wouldn’t he?  I watched that show on CBS too.  But I think only the first season.  I may have started to watch the second season.  Great show.  Wasn’t it and I was just thinking earlier.  Wasn’t the original Sherlock Holmes actually the voice of Basel in Disney’s The Adventures Of The Great Mouse Detective?  I know Vincent Price was Professor Rattigon and Alan Young was Olivia’s father.

1 hour ago, David Guercio said:

Wasn’t the original Sherlock Holmes actually the voice of Basel in Disney’s The Adventures Of The Great Mouse Detective?  I know Vincent Price was Professor Rattigon and Alan Young was Olivia’s father.

Y'know, I honestly opened the thread thinking this would be the first post?

(And, umm...no.  If, by "Original", you're limiting it to Basil Rathbone, they did use 40's archival audio for the offscreen  voice of human Holmes in one scene...Neataroonie!)