Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hibi

HALLMARK CHRISTMAS MOVIES ARE FINALLY OFF THE AIR!

2 1/2 AGONIZING MONTHS. Safe till next OCT.!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Hibi said:

But don't worry...every Thursday night in primetime they'll still be showing Christmas movies!!!

The-25-Best-Hallmark-Christmas-Movies.jp

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

But don't worry...every Thursday night in primetime they'll still be showing Christmas movies!!!

The-25-Best-Hallmark-Christmas-Movies.jp

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CinemaInternational said:

Murder She Wrote is finally back.....

THANK GOD!!! I was off for 2 weeks and could stay up late to watch, and of course, nothing but Hallmark Christmas movies! GAG.

I forgot, We aren't safe for the next 10 months. There's CHRISTMAS IN JULY!!! :(

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Nobody forced you to watch them. :P

• Thanks 1

And I didn't! But then I couldn't watch the shows that are normally on, which is what bugs me!

• Like 1

I watch for FRAZIER reruns.

Except it ran too long.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Except it ran too long.

it did sag a bit in some of the later years, but the final season was rather lovely, a return to the excellence of the first half of its run.

They just ran out of ideas. It was on, what? 13 seasons? Or close to that. I liked how they ended the show, but I wasnt watching regularly towards the end...

9 minutes ago, Hibi said:

They just ran out of ideas. It was on, what? 13 seasons? Or close to that. I liked how they ended the show, but I wasnt watching regularly towards the end...

11. Same length as Cheers.

36 minutes ago, Hibi said:

I thought the show "jumped the shark" when Niles and Daphne married.  It was funnier when Daphne would say these innuendo-laden things that would get Niles all hot and bothered.  I also didn't like when Roz had a kid.  I thought she was better as the Sally Rogers-type at Frasier's job.  Although I did like the episode where she was pregnant and met her baby daddy's immediate family and they all had enormous noses.

My favorite episodes were the ones with Bebe or Lilith.  They were hilarious.

35 minutes ago, SansFin said:

Zd0jkZe.jpg

OMG...this had me rolling!  I'd give you 45,000 'likes', 'thumbs up', 'thank yous', or 'laughing emojis' if it were all possible!!  This is so true about those types of movies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I thought the show "jumped the shark" when Niles and Daphne married.  It was funnier when Daphne would say these innuendo-laden things that would get Niles all hot and bothered.  I also didn't like when Roz had a kid.  I thought she was better as the Sally Rogers-type at Frasier's job.  Although I did like the episode where she was pregnant and met her baby daddy's immediate family and they all had enormous noses.

My favorite episodes were the ones with Bebe or Lilith.  They were hilarious.

My favorite episode was called "Ham Radio", in which Frazier produces and micromanages a radio whodunnit. Roz had a tooth pulled, so her mouth was numb and her words mumbled.  Niles, who is playing five or six parts,  is getting upset with Frazier directing him and gets even by going offscript and killing off all the characters in the play by popping  balloons to simulate gunshots. 😄

Not a quality upload but the action is all there:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hibi said:

So Hibi, in essence what you're saying here is...

Except, I wanna tell ya here that even though that 9 foot tall Chinese-made plastic Christmas tree the wife and I bought at Home Depot last year is now back up in the antic, I'm STILL finding that damn glitter that's on it all over the damn house!

Nope, should have NEVER bought one with glitter all over it!

(...let this be a warning to ya)  ;)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

My favorite episode was called "Ham Radio", in which Frazier produces and micromanages a radio whodunnit. Roz had a tooth pulled, so her mouth was numb and her words mumbled.  Niles, who is playing five or six parts,  is getting upset with Frazier directing him and gets even by going offscript and killing off all the characters in the play by popping  balloons to simulate gunshots. 😄

Not a quality upload but the action is all there:

Yes! That episode is hilarious.  I think what made Niles' part even funnier is that each one required a different accent.  I always liked the Halloween episodes.  Frasier and Niles are always trying to have some pretentious snooty Halloween party, and there's always someone (usually Roz or Martin) who do not show up in the attire that Frasier and Niles envisioned for their party. I liked the one where the theme was something like "favorite author" or "favorite literary character" or something like that and Roz shows up in a dominatrix outfit--explaining that it's "O" from "The Story of O"-- an erotic novel from the 50s.

I also liked the one where they're all stuck spending the night together in the same ski lodge and everyone's doing everything but sleeping.

• Like 1

Hallmark---destroyer of the filmation animation studio library.

15 hours ago, SansFin said:

Zd0jkZe.jpg

This is hilariously accurate!!

My wife and I actually enjoy the Hallmark "Countdown to Christmas" movies, not because they're great or even particularly good, but because they provide light, escapist entertainment with a Christmas theme.   We rarely watch a Hallmark movie all the way through (although there are some genuinely entertaining ones that are worth a real viewing, like The Most Wonderful Time of the Year and Hitched for the Holidays), but we often have the channel on in the background during the holiday season.  We frequently joke about the predictability of the plots, and the graphic above really captures that!

Of course, none of the Hallmark productions come anywhere close to "real" Christmas movies, like Christmas in ConnecticutRemember the Night, The Shop Around the Corner, Love Finds Andy Hardy, or I'll Be Seeing You, among the many holiday films we watch almost every year.  But if you're a nut about Christmas (as I admittedly am), the Hallmark movies provide an entertaining addition to the season.  (With all that said, I can certainly see why those movies aren't everyone's cup of tea!)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SansFin said:

Zd0jkZe.jpg

LOL!!!!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

My favorite episodes were the ones with Bebe or Lilith.  They were hilarious. I don't even remember Roz having a kid! LOL. I'd stopped watching regularly by then........

Yeah, after that the show started to go downhill. Both characters lost their appeal........I don't even remember Roz having a kid. LOL. I'd stopped watching regularly by then.

Hallmark did make a movie out of David Baldacci's The Christmas Train.  The book is excellent, but the movie is mediocre at best.  When I read the book the first time I thought  it would make a great movie - but not a Hallmark movie.  I watched the movie all the way through the first time and now can't get past the first half-hour, if I even try to watch it.  Read the book; skip the movie.

Happy that Hallmark will return to showing mystery movies again.  Even if many are old ones that I have seen several times.  Kellie Martin in Mystery Woman and John Larroquette in McBride.  Can't decide if I like Martin in Hailey Dean movies or not.  Haven't seen but a couple.