Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hibi

HALLMARK CHRISTMAS MOVIES ARE FINALLY OFF THE AIR!

So all the Hallmark Hall of Fame shows are now all Christmas movies? I'll pass......

23 hours ago, Hibi said:

So all the Hallmark Hall of Fame shows are now all Christmas movies? I'll pass......

Not all.  According to the list of recent Hallmark Hall of Fame productions in Wikipedia, they still do some non-Christmas movies.

You might still want to pass, but thought I’d mention it.

Whoopie! Now we can finally get back to our favorite murder mystery programming that has been cut extensively to add in more commercial time for the drug companies. And no, I don't have to watch. And no, I don't. 

On 1/11/2020 at 12:52 PM, BingFan said:

Not all.  According to the list of recent Hallmark Hall of Fame productions in Wikipedia, they still do some non-Christmas movies.

You might still want to pass, but thought I’d mention it.

OK. Thanks.

I never watch Hallmark.  I used to watch The Golden Girls on there, but once it was available on Hulu, I was over Hallmark.  Hallmark edits The Golden Girls.  Not only do they cut scenes, but they edit their dialogue! I think there's an episode where Rose calls Blanche a b (rhymes with witch) and it was edited out--which ruined the whole joke, because Rose isn't known to use such words. Hallmark I think shows I Love Lucy too, but the way that syndication chops up I Love Lucy, it's unwatchable.  Especially to someone like me who has seen the un-cut DVD versions so many times, that every missing scene/joke is blatantly obvious and ruins the entire episode. 

Yeah, it's the price you pay for watching Hallmark. I'm not about to buy the shows and I'm stuck with cable, so I live with it.......

I watched a lot of Hallmark Christmas movies in December, but they are a massive guilty pleasure. They are derivative, cliche, always have some jokey mini snowball fight and the relationship breaking up and crumbling right before the final act where they get together in a schmaltzy ending- but they're safe comfort food that is both harmless and can be half-watched. It's nice to have on, even if they blend together after a while.

Hallmark Christmas movies are truly frightening.  I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories or into paranoia but I swear it seems like the scripts are written by aliens, lol.

Did any of you see the one where a snowman comes to life as a handsomely bland Canadian actor?  He drinks hot chocolate but doesn't melt.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Hallmark Christmas movies are truly frightening.  I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories or into paranoia but I swear it seems like the scripts are written by aliens, lol.

Did any of you see the one where a snowman comes to life as a handsomely bland Canadian actor?  He drinks hot chocolate but doesn't melt.

ROFL!

• Haha 1

Christmas in Vail.

I can't forget Uncle Grady's strudel recipe.

I like the MRS. MIRACLE movies, 'cause of DORIS ROBERTS.  I didn't see them this past season but don't turn on the Hallmark channel much.  Most of their "movies" have an explosion of cheap Christmas decorations in every shot.  The best of the worst was A ROYAL CHRISTMAS (2014) starring JANE SEYMOUR. 

On 1/14/2020 at 4:28 PM, Hibi said:

What was it?

According to Lacey Chabert,  "a little bit of this and a little bit of that"

SPOILER

She and the male lead tried to recreate Uncle Grady's magic but it didn't work.  They actually lost first prize at the town Strudelfest!  Yes, Hallmark went rogue!

Hallmark movies have a "Fest" for everything, organic, non-organic, you name it.  And usually the plucky heroine who is back in her hometown to tend to family business ends up spearheading the festival committee and making it the best ever. We now have tulip festivals to look forward to, as well as apple and pumpkin festivals later on.  The movies are totally ridiculous and muddle-headed but I expect to keep checking in until a major annoyance in my life is removed or disappears in a puff of red smoke. ("What a smell of sulphur!")

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

According to Lacey Chabert,  "a little bit of this and a little bit of that"

SPOILER

She and the male lead tried to recreate Uncle Grady's magic but it didn't work.  They actually lost first prize at the town Strudelfest!  Yes, Hallmark went rogue!

SHOCKING! LOL.

• Like 1

Great news, everybody!!! 

Hallmark Channel is doing their part to make the Coronavirus quarantine just a little bit easier by bringing back Christmas movies!!!

Starting Friday March 20 at 12PM ET, and lasting allllll weekend long, back to back to back....Christmas Movies!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!

tenor.gif

SlushyFavorableEeve-size_restricted.gif

3hqx.gif

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

Well, shucks, I think the least I can do with that bit of news is to be of Good Cheer.  Or something. 

4 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Great news, everybody!!! 

Hallmark Channel is doing their part to make the Coronavirus quarantine just a little bit easier by bringing back Christmas movies!!!

Starting Friday March 20 at 12PM ET, and lasting allllll weekend long, back to back to back....Christmas Movies!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!

I was hoping I misheard that info during a commercial break for FRAZIER. Uggggg!!😖

38 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

What took them so long.

They had to get through The Puppy Bowl, The Kitten Bowl, and a month long marathon of Valentine's Day related programming.

*Gotta say, though, those kittens and puppies are hard not to watch!😸

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cmovieviewer said:

It's time for an intervention with someone in the Hallmark programming department.

We don't know who it is, anymore--

I haven't watched Hallmark Channel (formerly the Faith & Life channel) since it used to be Brian Henson's own private outlet for all those Robert Halmi classic miniseries.

But now they discovered the Female-Demographic Christmas Rom-Com, and now they're the channel that only programs for two months out of the year.

If Hallmark insists on showing this crap for 6 months out of the year, I wish that they would just create a Hallmark Christmas Movie channel a la the Hallmark Mystery channel. 

At least “my girls” are on Hulu, unedited.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sagebrush said:

I was hoping I misheard that info during a commercial break for FRAZIER. Uggggg!!😖

Time to cue up Hall & Oates, "Say It Isn't So"? 🎅

• Haha 1