Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hibi

HALLMARK CHRISTMAS MOVIES ARE FINALLY OFF THE AIR!

1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

If Hallmark insists on showing this crap for 6 months out of the year, I wish that they would just create a Hallmark Christmas Movie channel a la the Hallmark Mystery channel. 

At least “my girls” are on Hulu, unedited.

The point of the channel though is to shill those crappy movies. They know no one would watch them if they made a new channel.

1 minute ago, sewhite2000 said:

Stumbled across this tidbit on Wikipedia:

Charlton Heston portrayed the Earl of Essex opposite Judith Anderson's Elizabeth I in a 1968 television adaption of Maxwell Anderson's Elizabeth the Queen, for the Hallmark Hall of Fame series.

Reminding me Hallmark was once the proud sponsor of prestigious TV fare.

A&E used to be a fine arts channel, AMC was a classic movie place and TLC was the Learning Channel. TV ratings are about lowest common denominator. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I used to like the History Channel, but I can't watch Ice Road Truckers or whatever.

And MTV used to be a music channel!

1 hour ago, Gershwin fan said:

The point of the channel though is to shill those crappy movies. They know no one would watch them if they made a new channel.

Oh, I dunno Gf. 

There are always gonna be plenty of people who will also think Thomas Kinkade paintings are fine works of art too, ya know.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

A&E used to be a fine arts channel, AMC was a classic movie place and TLC was the Learning Channel. TV ratings are about lowest common denominator. 

Actually, TV has always been about what the viewer wants to watch, which I guess might be your point.  Don't blame the messenger.  

Not that I can stomach Hallmark movies, Christmas, mystery or otherwise.  Just be thankful, we now have more than three stations to watch.

Just as in the movies, for every Oscar worthy, award winning movie, there are 100 pieces of crap about zombies, snakes, millennials running wild, crime, ad infinitum. 

They're actually having an NCAA-style 64-movie bracket so viewers can pick the ultimate winner of their Hallmark Christmas Movie contest. Bronxie, don't you want to watch all 64 so you can vote for your favorites?

• Haha 1

I misread that as "NC-17 movie bracket" and my first thought was "Okay, I want to watch the Hallmark channel now."

• Haha 3

Who needs March Madness when you can watch the same movie 64 times in a row?

• Haha 1

Hallmark Channel’s Countdown To Christmas will actually be on Saturday’s this month.  Are they actually starting their countdown to Christmas this year right now?

On 3/19/2020 at 10:54 PM, Sukhov said:

For all of the occasional "TCM is going downhill" posts, it is one of the few channels on TV to keep their original identity intact. And it has done so successfully.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, David Guercio said:

Hallmark Channel’s Countdown To Christmas will actually be on Saturday’s this month.  Are they actually starting their countdown to Christmas this year right now?

They actually do the "countdown"a few times a year.....just in case you missed their November 1-January 1  24/7  marathon! 😵