Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Meann

Movie "Female Trouble"

I just want to say I cannot believe you guys are playing the movie "Female Trouble".

I am no prude but this is the absolute worst film I have ever seen. And I can't stop watching cuz I cannot believe the nudity and the swearing.

Thank God it's 4 a.m. in the morning

I am appalled that Female Trouble  was recently shown on TCM.  Whose brilliant idea was it to host UNDERGROUND movies on Friday night?  Nudity and filth is not why I pay to watch TCM.  TCM should rethink scheduling these type of movies.

I joined and complained here about a Ben Mankiewicz "joke" after FIDDLER ON THE ROOF was broadcast, but was thoroughly chastised by this community for it.  I was out of line in the way I presented my complaint.  However, I was delighted to watch MULTIPLE MANIACS (1970) last night, I am also not a prude.  And, being "older" it was actually on too late even for me and by 3am I went to bed and didn't get to see FEMALE TROUBLE if that was on after it.  I saw a dreadful movie on TCM one afternoon a few months ago which is inoffensive, but BAD bad bad: DEATH CURSE OF TARTU.  I enjoyed it being a fan of bad movies, but I could see where someone would hate it.  I definitely believe that it is any viewer's choice to watch a movie one wants to.  If one finds it offensive, you can just turn it off.  Besides, underage viewers should be in bed by that time!   It's the parents' job to monitor what one does not want their children to see. 

I applaud TCM for many of the offbeat, unexpected, even offensive or disgusting movies they've broadcast.  Here!  Here! 

I joined to complain about a week ago, but not about the content of a movie, but about a host's remarks!  TCM has no control over content of a film, particularly if it's 50 years old and some of us want to see these films!  MULTIPLE MANIACS was on before  FEMALE TROUBLE and I enjoyed it, though I could see where someone would find it offensive. 

Plus, FEMALE TROUBLE was on very late.  You belong in bed! 

2 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Sunday mornings.

They should play it as one of the "Essential Jr.s" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

I joined to complain about a week ago,

Yeah, we know. Great, positive way to join a message board.

17 hours ago, Nmp said:

Nudity and filth is not why I pay to watch TCM.

If the station is not serving your needs, then vote with your dollars and go elsewhere.

There's obviously other people who DO enjoy what the station shows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

They should play it as one of the "Essential Jr.s" 

Mink Stole could guest host it as Taffy.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Yeah, we know. Great, positive way to join a message board.

If the station is not serving your needs, then vote with your dollars and go elsewhere.

There's obviously other people who DO enjoy what the station shows.

You could also point out that TCM is broadcast 24/7, and the type of fare they're complaining about ISN'T shown for all that time.  Nor  every night.  It would be like me complaining that TCM showed a JOE E. BROWN movie, and I don't like Joe E. Brown, so they shouldn't ever show any of his movies.  That's NOT why I watch TCM for!  :ph34r:

Before the pitchforks come out, I really do like Joe E. Brown, and just used him as an example.  :)

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1

Wait until March when Joe E. Brown is Star of the Month!  ;)

3 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

Well I do love SOME LIKE IT HOT😀

Yea,  that is a high quality film.         When Joe. E. Brown was first announced as SOTM it did create a disturbance in the force.

Brown is one of those actors \ comedian with a very unique screen persona.     Based on my experience at this forum comedy appears to be the most subjective of genres and that applies to the comedians as well:    often  one either loves them or hates them.    

I have seen a handful of Brown 30s and 40s film and I liked some,  and not the others.    So I'm middle-of-the-road when it comes to him.   BUT TCM will be showing some Brown films I haven't seen so I'll check those out.       

;)   What NIP considers "female trouble" is when his develops an air leak:D 

Sepiatone

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2020 at 5:47 PM, cigarjoe said:

It's Classic Trash!  Thanks TCM!

DITTO! I hadn't seen either film in decades. I recorded both for times I need a laugh.....