Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheCid

60's Bedroom politics - Jan 24

Noticed this in the Now Playing Guide.  Some lighthearted rom-coms from the 60's during the day on Jan 24.  At least I think they are all rom-coms.  Basically it features movies where  non-marital sex was brought into the daylight, but not totally.

Boys Night Out and Sunday in New York are two very good ones.

• Like 1

:D  Well, from what I can remember, the IDEA of non-marital and extra-marital sex was approached, but not much happened either way in either movie.  But I always get a kick out of both, so I'll probably be "front and center" when they air.

Sepiatone

5 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

:D  Well, from what I can remember, the IDEA of non-marital and extra-marital sex was approached, but not much happened either way in either movie.  But I always get a kick out of both, so I'll probably be "front and center" when they air.

Sepiatone

It "happened" in Sunday in New York, but off screen and before the start of the movie.  It was the main plot point and talked about a lot.

Did not happen in Boys Night Out as the guys got "religion" before hand.

Regardless, both are excellent comedies with very good casts.  I think Boys is the better one.

• Like 1

I agree.   I like many scenes in it, but also really like when, in the bar, someone tells Howard Morris to stand up.  "I AM standing up!" he  claims :D   And a little later is advised to "sit down"  and  Howard then points out, "I AM sitting down!"  :D 

And I'd point out that if the non or extra marital sex "happened"  BEFORE the start of the movie, then STILL nothing happened IN  the movie.  I'm not suggesting they should have shown anything,  but the implication that something DID take place sometime in the course of the movie AFTER it started  would have made a difference.

Sepiatone

I love Boys Night Out.  James Garner, Howard "Ernest T. Bass" Morris, Howard Duff, and Tony Randall make for a very amusing group of friends.  Their wives, and in Garner's case, mother, are very funny, especially when they get trashed at a restaurant.  I also agree with Cinema Int'l's comments about Kim Novak's comedic skills.  I don't know if there is another Novak comedy that immediately comes to mind.  And how great is the apartment that Garner finds and Novak lives in?  

One thing I love about the 50s/60s films is how great everyone's bachelor/bachelorette pads are. 

• Like 1