Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rudy's Girl

Best Fight Scenes in Movie History

There are so many great fight scenes it may be hard to pick just one, so pick as many as you like. It can be a fist fight, gun fight, sword fight, or even a boxing match.

Master and Commander would be in my Top 10 favorite movies of all time. The characters, the story, the suspense, and the action are perfect. The climatic battle is so intense I find myself gritting my teeth when I watch it.

Also...

This fight near the end of Logan's Run. It's more than just a fight because they used to be friends. Both feel betrayed by the other. Soundtrack by Jerry Goldsmith helps.

For some reason, I was never crazy about "Mad Max: Fury Road", but I never stopped loving Thunderdome:

And at least they got to finish their cage match, unlike Ryu and Vega:

Brigitte Bardot and Claudia Cardinale in The Legend Of Frenchie King (music and Stooges sequence not original, lol)

• Like 1

Not the best but my favorites. Two with Broderick Crawford. First is Universal's NORTH TO THE KLONDIKE. Fishing and drinking buddies Crawford and Chaney Jr. were scripted to have a SPOILERS-type fight at the end of the picture. They decided they were gonna best Randy Scott and Duke Wayne by NOT using doubles in the long shots. They told cameraman Stanley Cortez that they wanted every shot to let the audience know it was really them taking the falls and punches. And it was a fabulous, vicious fight.

The second was in Universal's THE RUNAROUND. Crawford and Rod Cameron have a fight in a small hotel room. At one point, Crawford leaps in the air, closes the door WITH BOTH HIS FEET and lands to give Cameron another blow. I thought the best was Ken Tyrrell (doubling for Charles Quigley) going halfway up a wall in THE CRIMSON GHOST. But RUNAROUND beat it for best fight gag.

• Like 1

Many claim this is one of the best fight sequences in a movie...

And then too....

or-------------

Sepiatone

• Like 3

HA! HA!  HAAAAaaaaaaaa! HAM!  :D 

WhenI started working at GM on the afternoon shift, I'd get home at one o'clock in the morning and often catch one of them HI-larious old STARMAN flicks!  Heh!  Just a typical looking Earth man, sure.  :D  And, why didn't I think  of doing backflips and other gymnastics in all those high school fights in which I got my AZZ kicked?  :D 

Sepiatone

13 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

HA! HA!  HAAAAaaaaaaaa! HAM!  :D 

WhenI started working at GM on the afternoon shift, I'd get home at one o'clock in the morning and often catch one of them HI-larious old STARMAN flicks!  Heh!  Just a typical looking Earth man, sure.  :D  And, why didn't I think  of doing backflips and other gymnastics in all those high school fights in which I got my AZZ kicked?  :D 

Sepiatone

Yes some of those old B flicks are a bit silly today costume wise.  Starman, the first gymnastic superhero. :lol:

Wonder if TCM has showed any of those?

Like to see Starman vs Batman (Adam West). 

Biff, cartwheel, bamm, head flip, pow, sock. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Allhallowsday said:

THEY LIVE (1988) 

Oh yes, I remember that one. It was a long fight. Neither one of them will give up.

I couldn't find a descent clip of this fight from Hitchcock's Torn Curtain, but it was so intense and so realistic. To me the woman stole the scene. The bad guy, Gromek, just didn't want to die. It's the best scene in the whole movie.

Related image